• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tips about Tippmann ProLite Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Erickson 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:40 AM

Okay. I have a Tippmann ProLite that I love. One problem I had was that I went paintballing with some of my friends and my gun chronoed just fine. I'm finguring about half way through day the velosity screw must have fallen out. I find out that at the next game I go to that I can't use my ProLite due to the fact that the fps was too high. I talked to the owner of the field who had some knowledge about the older Tippmanns, to find out that the velosity screw is on the bottom of the gun and has a tendacy to fall out. So the lesson here is if you have a ProLite make sure the velosity screw is in before going to the field and bring extras.

It also had a leaking issue where it wouldn't even fire as well as it should. I had to dissassemble the gun and replace the o-rings. Once the o-rings were replaced the gun was fine, and is one of my favorite guns.

If anybody has more info on the Tippman ProLites and would like to share go for it.

#2 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

you got lots of strange little pieces that dont seem like they would do anything important and if they did then they should be more secure that they really are.

best tip ever for the prolite

if ya gonna break it down the da nitty gritty den etter keaps a owel near by to save da parts

yeah, i typed that like a red neck would say it.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:34 PM

To hold the velocity screw in place you can do one of two things....

1. Place a drop of blue loctite on the screw and leave it out of the marker and let it dry. Then the next day screw it into the marker, that dop of loctite should hole it.

2. Take a small plastic sandwich baggy and place the screw into it. Then attempt to screw the screw into the marker, while it is still inside the baggy, so the bag is on the outside of the screw. This will fill that gap between the screw and the threads. Then just tear off the excess baggy and you are fine to go. Should hold just fine til you remove the screw

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

i have never handled a pro lite.. so forgive me if this is useless...

but could a piece of electrical tape cover up the hole? then between games just rip off the tape and see if its still screwed in.. and new piece of tape over it before you head back out...

thats what i would do with my 98.

This post has been edited by SO45615: 28 October 2009 - 10:57 PM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#5 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

i picked up a pro lite yesterday to give my back a break when i didnt feel like toting the twins, or feeding them. im surprised they have a following. ive owned a 68 carbine a few years ago and i loved the feel. so i snagged of of the rentals from a field/store on the cheap. can anyone send me a video or pm me a link on disassembly and cleaning? ive found an illustrated read from warpig.com, but i want a video. and also, where dost thou find parts if need be?
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#6 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

VintageRex has a small amount of info on them, VintageRex

You could also hit up MCB and ask around there for more info. That site is full of old school markers and lovers/collectors of them. If anyone would have info it is they. :P

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#7 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

thanks! i got to take it to the field yesterday and play. luckily i had a guy there who had owned them before and he took me around the ropes and showed me some stuff. my ball detent was just decayed so i had to play without it. gave me a 2-3 ball spread on some shots. it was like a shotgun!! but other than that, i love it! all i need to do now is get a new barrel for it and a ball detent. but now i fully see why this marker has such a following! you can have mine after you pry it from my cold dead hand... my Dt will be in the other. lol.

#8 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:43 PM

Pro-Lites and Model 98s both have the "towel problem" where you take them apart and all the sudden 3-5 pieces go flying everywhere if you're not careful.

I don't think you can get an aftermarket barrel for a Pro-Lite. I've never seen one. Of matter of fact, I don't think there are many upgrades at all available for that model.

I had one for a short time, sold it a few years back. It was durable and accurate, and as long as you were careful not to lose the parts...very easy to upkeep.
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#9 User is offline   F-3 

• Alive in the SUPERΠИKИOMИ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

View Postaslanprime, on Jun 7 2010, 03:43 PM, said:

Pro-Lites and Model 98s both have the "towel problem" where you take them apart and all the sudden 3-5 pieces go flying everywhere if you're not careful.

I'd put the Pro-Lite on a whole different level of ease of maintenance thanks to the lower/upper receiver scheme. Opening a 98 always involves exposing the trigger assembly, which is one of worst culprits in "jumping ship."

Most of the time disassembly on the Pro-Lite is very simple and straightforward. No spring-loaded surprises and no pins that like to stick to one receiver half or the other. You just have to watch out for the thread bushings and valve stop, since those parts are loose once the lower is off.

Also, how great is it to have an externally accessible detent? You can change the detent in a Pro-Lite fifty times in the time it would take to do a 98. Heck you could probably get away with it in the field.

This post has been edited by F-3: 08 June 2010 - 01:32 PM

#10 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:48 PM

its a little harder than that. the real trick is getting that tiny screw to get back into the hole while keeping the metal plate aligned.

ps- i found on pbnation a guy put a bt4 combat stock on the back of his 68 carbine. i asked and apparently the threads on the back cap are the same on the carbine as the pro lite. so if anyone has both a pro lite and a bt4 stock, put em together and post some pics. cause if i see it works i'm gonna do it for mine as well.

#11 User is offline   F-3 

• Alive in the SUPERΠИKИOMИ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:03 PM

View PostIron__Man, on Jun 21 2010, 01:48 AM, said:

ps- i found on pbnation a guy put a bt4 combat stock on the back of his 68 carbine. i asked and apparently the threads on the back cap are the same on the carbine as the pro lite. so if anyone has both a pro lite and a bt4 stock, put em together and post some pics. cause if i see it works i'm gonna do it for mine as well.

He had to have done some modifications first. BT-4s use the same back cap as a 98, no threads.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users