Special Ops Paintball: 82nd Airborne / 82nd Pathfinders - Oklahoma D-day 2009 - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

82nd Airborne / 82nd Pathfinders - Oklahoma D-day 2009 Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Risken 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:33 PM

Just a reminder...

In 2008 the 82nd Airborne and the 82nd Pathfinders were the “tip of the spear” from the far north ends of the field at Ste. Mere Eglish to the far south at Caen – and everywhere in between. We struck with surprise, disappeared and struck again, confounding and pounding the germans.

The expected Airborne mis-drops never materialized due to the rain and mud. The buses just couldn’t drive some of the roads, and the deuce and a half’s had to be used. Dewayne’s idea of the mis-drops had to be put off another year.

That year is 2009 and we’re getting ready.

2009 will be the year of the LGOPs

Posted Image

If this sounds like an attitude you can fit into a paintball event, then the 82nd is for you!

As always, we’ll have a great core of players and leaders coming back from past years. The camaraderie and friendships created are amazing, long lasting and a very special part of this unit. But we’re always looking for new people and teams with the honor, drive, determination and physical stamina to fill our unit. The 82nd Airborne in the Oklahoma D-day event has a proud and honorable tradition, and every year the core of returning players increases. But we always have room for new players and teams. We welcome every experience level and type of player. Come and join us and experience a level of camaraderie not often found elsewhere.

And we’re also looking for fresh faces to step up and take on the responsibility of leadership from the Regiment level to the squad level. There are positions open. This is the time to speak up.

We’re dropped behind German lines, and fight our way to link up with the Allied forces. We often could be cutoff, surrounded, outnumbered, or fighting German forces supported with armor, planes and heavy weapons. We’ll be the “Tip of the Spear” for American and Allied forces from one end of the 750 acre field to the other. The 82nd is always used where the fighting is the toughest.

We move quickly, quietly and stealthy over some of the tastiest terrain on the field, and then attack defended positions with “violence of action”. You’ll need to work effectively as a member of a larger team, think on your feet, react quickly, and lead other elements as the situation develops.

The 82nd is the unit that strikes the most fear in german commanders. The german army will task their best units to stop the 82nd. We’re always given some of the most difficult assignments, and expected to move farther and faster than should be expected. To be an effective part of this unit you should be in good physical condition, and you must be 15 years old at the time of the game. You will cover a lot of tough terrain and see a lot of intense paintball.

If you’re up for it, we want you!

If this sounds like your idea of how paintball should be played, if you’d like to be part of this winning tradition contact me at srisken623@aol.com or just register now.

82nd Airborne

http://www.thebunkerextreme.com/productcar...amp;iPageSize=5

82nd Pathfinders

http://www.thebunkerextreme.com/productcar...p;idproduct=898

Once you've registered with the Bunker for the 82nd let us know which Regiment within the 82nd you'd like to be placed with. We'll need your registration number, full name and email address. Contact myself at srisken623@aol.com or our S-1 Personnel Officer, Captain Posey at travis@hermeticswitch.com

The main Regiments are:

505th PIR (Parachute Infantry Regiment)
507th PIR
508th PIR
325th GIR (Glider Infantry Regiment)

There is also a HQ Company, a weapons unit and a logistics unit.

The logistics company will be based off the 407th Airborne Quartermaster Company that landed at D-day partially in gliders.

The weapons unit will be based off the 319th GFAB (Glider Field Artillery Battalion) which landed at D-day with the 75mm pack howitzers. We'll alos use the 37mm anti tank weapons. We'll replicate them with HW, and our own versions of AT and flamethrowers.

The HQ Company will handle security, communications and repeater work.

If you have the skills to build these, or just want to involved in this part of the 82nd let me know. If you want to run with a division with this level of support and organization, we have room and opportunities.

Think about how much fun this will be!

37mm
Posted Image

75mm pack howitzer
Posted Image

The 82nd is going to rock!
Steve

This post has been edited by Risken: 13 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

Steve Risken
2008 Allied Chief of Staff, Supreme Allied Command (COSSAC)
2008 CO 82nd Airborne

#2 User is offline   Scarecrow ={CG}= 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:06 AM

Want to see more enemy than you can count with a pocket calculator?
Want to hit the enemy from places he didn't even know existed?
Do you enjoy going up against seemingly insurmountable odds?
Enjoy being a part of a unit that causes more damage to the enemy than a monkey with a Gatling gun?
Want to spend an entire day in constant action?
Want to get a chance to use all that neat gear you bought from Special Ops?
Want to make a difference?
And at the end of the day feel so exhausted that you can hardly stand?
Wind up dirty, sweaty, out of paint, out of air and confident in the knowledge that you have had the greatest time of your life?
Then come and join the 325th G.I.R. of the 82nd Airborne Division
We are looking for players (guys and gals) who want all of the above. The 325th G.I.R. are a relatively new unit who during their short life have become a hard charging, hard hitting unit but most of all we have fun. So come along and be a part of the fun and action with us. Get registered then go to the 325ths own website where you can become an active player , planning, trainning, and executing those plans for the worlds largest paintball game!
If you are interested in all of the above then check out our website www.325th.org or E-mail me at scarecrow@325th.org, Hope to hear from you soon!

#3 User is offline   Posey 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:~posey~

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

For 2009 the 82nd Airborne has a whole host of new unit commanders. We are excited and have already been preparing and training for this amazing event. The 82nd Airborne is one of the elite units at DDay that performs special operations behind enemy lines. If you are looking for a tactical, hard hitting unit that will keep the fun coming all day long till the final siren blows, look no further than the 82nd Airborne.

Once you are Registered contact me, Captain Travis "Posey," and I will get you plugged in with other fellow 82nd Airborne players in your area and let you know about training days and sceanrio events the 82nd Airborne will be at.

For more information about the 82nd Airborne and our units go here: http://www.us82ndairbornedivision.com/

For more information about Oklahoma DDay go here: http://www.ddayadventurepark.com/index.php...=1&Itemid=4

To register 82nd Airborne go here: http://www.ddayadventurepark.com/index.php...45&Itemid=4

If you have any 82nd Airborne questions send them my way. Remember Airborne All the Way, Stay Army, Stay Airborne!

This post has been edited by Posey: 28 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

Travis "Posey", Captain
Executive Officer Dog Company, 507th PIR, 82nd Airborne
S-1 Personnel Officer, 82nd Airborne Division

#4 User is offline   Hoot {MWB} 

• Keeper of the Old Code
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:HOOT {MWB}

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:16 AM

Gents and ladies, if you're wanting to roll to DDay this year either by yourself or with friends, the 82nd is looking for a few good mud stompin, paint slingin, door kickin, no name takin, sit around a camp fire eatin, gas producing, all around good people.

Whether you go allied or german, I absolutely guarantee you and your buddies are going to have a blast down in Okie come June. There is no other pball experience like this. Between the 4,000 players, 700 acres, good friends, a camp fire, and lots of delicious frozen chimichangas, you're talking about pball heaven my friends. When it comes to deciding which unit to join and run with, I'm pretty partial to the 82nd myself. It's tough to beat the brotherhood you find with the AAs. Every year Muddy considers who we're going to play for, and every year (thus far) we have decided to come back to the 82nd. There are plenty of top notch units on both sides of the field, but it is the people within the 82nd that keep bringing us back year after year. To these guys, there are two simple reasons for coming to DDay: have fun camping with friends, and have fun playing paintball with friends. It doesn't get any better than the basics.

As for the action you'd see running 82nd: we are priviliged to that wonderful "mis-drop". Airborne gets dropped in the boonies, we have to make our way through enemy occupied territory, pushing through ambushes and counter-attacks just to get to our objectives in the first place (which then require a good delivering of a mud stomping to the Germans currently holding said property). If you go airborne, in any unit, one thing is for certain: be in shape. We're fast movers. Hit and Run. We have to cover a lot of territory in a short amount of time. It requires some endurance, a desire to play aggressive all out pball, and a hunger for engaging some of the finest units the German army has to throw at us.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for our German counter-parts, but of course I love playing against them as well. Some of the finest pballers I have seen in the woodsball community, trying to break up the airborne advance before we can reach our objectives and deliver the allied cavalry. One thing is for certain though, once the airborne arrive, there's a thumpin coming with it. We already have a solid group of core vets returning to the AAs. We're currently looking for individuals players and small teams who are new to the DDay experience. Vets bring stability, new blood brings passion. If you and your friends are hard chargin, fun lovin, and in decent shape, the 82nd would love to have you.

Whichever road you take, German or Allied, you will not regret it. A chance to do some camping in the summer with some of the finest people you will ever meet, grilling out brauts, sitting around a campfire, and paint slinging with your buddies. Life is good. Welcome to DDay.
Hoot. Muddy Water Boys. Team Leader
82nd Airborne. 508th CO

"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory"

www.muddywaterboys.com

#5 User is offline   Risken 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

View PostHoot {MWB}, on Dec 26 2008, 03:16 AM, said:

As for the action you'd see running 82nd: we are priviliged to that wonderful "mis-drop". Airborne gets dropped in the boonies, we have to make our way through enemy occupied territory, pushing through ambushes and counter-attacks just to get to our objectives in the first place (which then require a good delivering of a mud stomping to the Germans currently holding said property). If you go airborne, in any unit, one thing is for certain: be in shape. We're fast movers. Hit and Run. We have to cover a lot of territory in a short amount of time. It requires some endurance, a desire to play aggressive all out pball, and a hunger for engaging some of the finest units the German army has to throw at us.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for our German counter-parts, but of course I love playing against them as well. Some of the finest pballers I have seen in the woodsball community, trying to break up the airborne advance before we can reach our objectives and deliver the allied cavalry. One thing is for certain though, once the airborne arrive, there's a thumpin coming with it. We already have a solid group of core vets returning to the AAs. We're currently looking for individuals players and small teams who are new to the DDay experience. Vets bring stability, new blood brings passion. If you and your friends are hard chargin, fun lovin, and in decent shape, the 82nd would love to have you.

Hoot nails it!

The Airborne isn't for everyone. For one thing you have to be at least 15 years old, and he's right about being in good shape. The field is big and tough, it's hot and humid. You'll probably be on it from 7 AM until 5 PM without heading back to camp. It's unlike any other scenario games. There's areas to resupply air, paint, water and food on the field. But if you're looking for intense action the Airborne is the way to go.

And Hoot's right about our German counterparts - good players, good units. We do best not to underestimate them. And as he says, we enjoy playing against them. They play hard and tough and make for a great event.

The game is about 5 month's out. The 82nd and 82nd Pathfinders fill up 1st.

While the D-day forum is down, the registration site is up and active. These should be the links for the 82nd Division and the 82nd Pathfinders.

http://www.thebunkerextreme.com/productcar...p;idproduct=895

http://www.thebunkerextreme.com/productcar...p;idproduct=898
Steve Risken
2008 CO 82nd Airborne

#6 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

I want to stress the physical aspects of joining an Airborne unit. All the Airborne (And Special Forces, but they mostly deploy like the Airborne) have to cover a lot of ground, carrying enough gear to last for a while-we don't get to pop back into dead boxes a few feet away if we get hit like the beach attackers, we've got to hump enough paint and air to keep in for a good while. A lot of people have to cut out early because they just can't handle the physical exertion. If you think I'm over-exaggerating, then give it a shot-you'll see what I mean. But it'd be a damn shame to miss out on the best paintball of your life because you got tired too fast.

But if you're up to the challenge, the 82nd is a great choice. As a Commonwealth Airborne player, I wouldn't want to have anybody else running alongside us and watching our backs.

#7 User is offline   Nathan(Achilles)Hinshaw 

• Hinshaw
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Hinshaw

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

If you sign up for the 82nd Airborne be prepared for the potential of being "misdropped" anywhere on the field and an all day eight hour fight to follow.
Nathan Hinshaw
Brigadier General
82nd Pathfinders,
“The Red Devils”

#8 User is offline   Posey 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

Posted Image
Travis "Posey", Captain

#9 User is offline   Ghost61 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:17 AM

Are you thinking of giving D-Day 2009 a try? Are you a returning veteran of the game looking for a different challenge? If either applies, I have just the ticket! GO AIRBORNE! The 82nd ABN has undergone lots of changes for the '09 game. The 505th PIR is one regiment within the 82nd that has been reformed from the top down. We need people to fill positions from Company Commanders all the way down the chain to the lowest private. Do you have leadership experience? We have a place for you. New to the game and just want a challenge? We have a place for you as well. The airborne units cover a lot of ground on game day. We engage the opposition in just about every type of terrain you can think of. Thick forest with steep slopes and deep valleys, urban areas, and open fields. We run and gun hard all day long. During the week for those who can come a few days early, we train together, and practice what we learn in mini-scenarios. We learn to work as a team. Sound like fun? Is this the type of challenge you are looking for? For more information check out the 82nd ABN website http://www.us82ndairbornedivision.com/ . Or you can contact me directly at Ghost@rrt-paintball.com . We need good players! The 505th wants to hear from you!!

This post has been edited by Ghost61: 15 January 2009 - 02:33 PM

Ghost61
XO 505th PIR
82nd ABN
Robinson Recon Team

#10 User is offline   Zeke 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dwayne Ezekiel AKA Zeke

Post icon  Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

View PostGhost61, on Jan 15 2009, 11:17 AM, said:

Are you thinking of giving D-Day 2009 a try? Are you a returning veteran of the game looking for a different challenge? If either applies, I have just the ticket! GO AIRBORNE! The 82nd ABN has undergone lots of changes for the '09 game. The 505th PIR is one regiment within the 82nd that has been reformed from the top down. We need people to fill positions from Company Commanders all the way down the chain to the lowest private. Do you have leadership experience? We have a place for you. New to the game and just want a challenge? We have a place for you as well. The airborne units cover a lot of ground on game day. We engage the opposition in just about every type of terrain you can think of. Thick forest with steep slopes and deep valleys, urban areas, and open fields. We run and gun hard all day long. During the week for those who can come a few days early, we train together, and practice what we learn in mini-scenarios. We learn to work as a team. Sound like fun? Is this the type of challenge you are looking for? For more information check out the 82nd ABN website http://www.us82ndairbornedivision.com/ . Or you can contact me directly at Ghost@rrt-paintball.com . We need good players! The 505th wants to here from you!!

This may sound strange coming from a German General:

If you want to go Allied, and you want to play Airborne, then the guys from Robinson Recon are without a doubt some of the finest and most upstanding players I have had the privilage to play with and against in the past four years at D-Day Adventure Park games. If the Axis of Evil seal of approval means anything then the command of the 505th PIR gets it from me. Best of luck to you 505th PIR. You are truely All Americans and a cut above the rest.
MajorGeneral Zeke out...

#11 User is offline   Ghost61 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

Zeke, my friend, you are without a doubt a shining example of honor and fair play. Thanks for the above post. I do not take it lightly! It means alot coming from you. I salute you Sir!!
Ghost61
XO 505th PIR
82nd ABN
Robinson Recon Team

#12 User is offline   PREDATOR-RRT 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

View PostGhost61, on Jan 15 2009, 05:52 PM, said:

Zeke, my friend, you are without a doubt a shining example of honor and fair play. Thanks for the above post. I do not take it lightly! It means alot coming from you. I salute you Sir!!

Zeke, Let me echo Ghost's comments and add a few more. You are much to kind but thanks for the Seal of Approval. Doesn't matter which side you are on, if it come from you we are certainly honored. We treasure the battles we have had with you and against you. We can always look forward to a great time if you are on the field with us. Thanks for the bump for the 505th PIR also, heavens knows us rookies need all the help we can get.

Speaking of the 505th PIR:

This is a call to arms to all Airborne Troopers that are now, ever have been or have ever wanted to be a member of an elite Parachute Infantry Regiment. The 505th PIR, 82nd Airborne is currently undergoing a reorganization from the top down and is in need to hear from its current, past and future Airborne Troopers that intend to join her ranks again for D Day 09. We have an immediate need for all levels of soldiers, private through Company Commanders. We welcome every experience level of player.

If you are a current member or think you have what it takes to fill the boots of a 505th Trooper use the contact info listed below and let us know. If you think you want to take on a leadership position please be sure to let us know that.

To be a part of the 505th you must be 15 years of age at game time and it is recommended that you be in good physical shape. We are a hard charging unit and seek out the impossible missions that others back away from. We are on the field hours before game time and stay engaged in the battle till the final horn sounds. We cover alot of ground, some of the worst the field has to offer, we cover it quickly, quietly and attack with a vengeance and determination where ever and whenever we find the enemy. The 505th will get the job done!

My name is Bob "Predator' Robinson. I am the Commander. You can contact me at bobamsoil@aol.com.

My Executive Officer is William "Ghost61" Robinson. You can contact him at ghost@rrt-paintball.com.

We look forward to hearing from all the 505th Veterans and those of you who think you have what it takes to become one. Can't wait to sling some paint with each and everyone of you next June.

#13 User is offline   Posey 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

This shouldn’t be a complete surprise to anyone, it happens every year, but let’s be sure to get the word out. These dates always come up fast! The first one for “choice of unit” is in a just a week! Let's make sure we get the word out to people.

Captain Posey

The post is from Peggy and this is her link.

http://www.ddayadven...hread.php?t=497

"Hey everybody! Don't forget that our first deadline is coming up. To be able to guarantee your choice of unit, you need to be sure and register before April 1st! If you have certain friends that you want to play with or you want to make sure you get the same unit as last year, be sure and get your spot marked before April 1st!

Also, if you want to get in on the contest for 3 cases of FREE PAINT, then you have to get registered before April 15th. Winners will be drawn and announced on the LIVE Streaming Webcast that night!

On May 15th, the choice for Allied or German ends and we will need to place you where we need you the most! Army choice ends May 15th!

One last note... I will be closing down ALL PRE-registrations on Wednesday, June 3rd. That's the WEDNESDAY BEFORE the week of D-Day begins. That means no more faxes, no more mailings, no more phone calls. I have to shut down the computer and move everything out there, so be sure all entries are in before then or you will have to register at the window and that will cost you $100 on site.

PS.... my FAX machine has been a little cranky lately, so please get those waivers filled out and HANG ON TO THEM and bring them with you to D-Day. I've had a few come in that I can't read, so that's a waste!"
Travis "Posey", Captain

#14 User is offline   Ghost Recons Punisher 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:55 AM

COnfirmed

The Airborne is a fun, challenging, and crucial unit in the Allied fight at DDay.

For first timers to vets Robinson Recon as well as any of the leaders in the Airborne will make sure you are prepared for the intense fight the Airborne bring to the game. Dont sit on the fence-join.

Got my start in the 82nd Airborne 508 Easy Co- a unit with lots of tradition and oppurtunity to lead as well.
Punisher
Proud CO Ghost Recon
www.ghostrecon.myfastforum.org
GR Productions
Drop Zone Paintball www.dzes.org

#15 User is offline   Risken 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:49 AM

This shouldn’t be a complete surprise to anyone, it happens every year, but let’s be sure to get the word out. These dates always come up fast! The first one for “choice of unit” is in a just a week! Let's make sure we get the word out to people.

Lets get the rest of the 82nd registered and ready to go. This looks to be another great year for the event, the Allies and the elite 82nd Airborne. We fill up every year and 2009 won't be any exception. Don't wait and get shut out.

Steve

The post is from Peggy from the D-day staff, and this is her link.

http://www.ddayadven...hread.php?t=497

"Hey everybody! Don't forget that our first deadline is coming up. To be able to guarantee your choice of unit, you need to be sure and register before April 1st! If you have certain friends that you want to play with or you want to make sure you get the same unit as last year, be sure and get your spot marked before April 1st!

Also, if you want to get in on the contest for 3 cases of FREE PAINT, then you have to get registered before April 15th. Winners will be drawn and announced on the LIVE Streaming Webcast that night!

On May 15th, the choice for Allied or German ends and we will need to place you where we need you the most! Army choice ends May 15th!

One last note... I will be closing down ALL PRE-registrations on Wednesday, June 3rd. That's the WEDNESDAY BEFORE the week of D-Day begins. That means no more faxes, no more mailings, no more phone calls. I have to shut down the computer and move everything out there, so be sure all entries are in before then or you will have to register at the window and that will cost you $100 on site.

PS.... my FAX machine has been a little cranky lately, so please get those waivers filled out and HANG ON TO THEM and bring them with you to D-Day. I've had a few come in that I can't read, so that's a waste!"

This post has been edited by Risken: 25 March 2009 - 11:57 AM

Steve Risken
2008 CO 82nd Airborne

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users