• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

sniper gun Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:15 PM

what would you all suggest as a good sniper gun that is durible, will last a long time and does not cost too much. $500 max

#2 Guest_SWATORNOT_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:22 PM

Posted in wrong forum...

Moving to Sniper HQ> Sniper Markers...

SWATORNOT :ph34r:

#3 User is offline   famousgamer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:famousgamer

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:47 PM

Get an automag, autococker, or if you like the electros get an Ion or a DM4. I would go with the automag on a budget, or an Ion.

Everyone is going to say A5. They are GREAT MARKERS, but too loud for sniping. Sound escaped everywhere on an A5. The cyclone, the bolt area, etc. They are also heavier than the average marker, but if you tell people that is a concern they will call you "noodle arms". When you reach the 50 faster than them, youll thank me.

#4 User is offline   tantrum 

• phantom phreak.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:mooshie

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:48 PM

autococker autococker autococker autococker autococker autococker autococker autococker autococker autococker autococker autococker autococker autococker autococker

my reason, there accurate, fast, not to expensive, quiet, reliable. im assuming you already have an HPA tank tho....

if not get a tippy. a 98, procarbine, or A5, all will suit you fine.

best upgrade for a sniper after a barrel is PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!

#5 User is offline   famousgamer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:51 PM

Cockers are pretty nice for sniping.

Actually, thats right... do you already got HPA? The super smooth HPA is gonna help your shot to shot consistientcy alot. A must for snipey cats.

You still need a good barrel. Grab a cheap J&J ceramic one peice on Ebay. Love em.

You can also get some PRATCICE on Ebay for pretty cheap. Just look for some slightly used PRACTICE, and also keep your eye out for EXPERIENCE. Hehe, kiddin. Exp is really important, but make sure you buy some good gear to begin with, so you do not have to upgrade EVERYTHING in your collection as your skills improve.

This post has been edited by famousgamer: 15 March 2006 - 08:57 PM

#6 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

View Postfamousgamer, on Mar 15 2006, 09:51 PM, said:

Cockers are pretty nice for sniping.

Actually, thats right... do you already got HPA? The super smooth HPA is gonna help your shot to shot consistientcy alot. A must for snipey cats.

You still need a good barrel. Grab a cheap J&J ceramic one peice on Ebay. Love em.

You can also get some PRATCICE on Ebay for pretty cheap. Just look for some slightly used PRACTICE, and also keep your eye out for EXPERIENCE. Hehe, kiddin. Exp is really important, but make sure you buy some good gear to begin with, so you do not have to upgrade EVERYTHING in your collection as your skills improve.

famousgamer, thx ill keep that in mind and look around

#7 User is offline   famousgamer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:47 PM

No prob dude. Also, if you got any questions on specific markers, you could go to PBNation and post inthe marker specific forums there. LOTS of info, fromm dedicated people. Just warn them you are gonna talk about "sniping" things first, as you will find most are unsympathetic to the sniper cause.

For specific information on Automags, check out Automags Online. http://www.automags.org

#8 User is offline   jakethesnake741 

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mr_incredible

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:37 AM

View Postfamousgamer, on Mar 15 2006, 10:51 PM, said:

but make sure you buy some good gear to begin with, so you do not have to upgrade EVERYTHING in your collection as your skills improve.

I would agree with this and disagree, buy equipment to start off with that you are comfortable with. But don't buy too much stuff because you may find yourself not need/using over half of it. Just get a marker, HPA and some camo and go from there. As your skills progress and you find yourself thinking "X could be handy to have more often then not" then by all means upgrade. Just don't get caught into thinking that you have to buy certain things just because you are a sniper or whatever, buy things you feel will help you improve your game.
Bad spellers of the world untie!!!

#9 User is offline   tantrum 

• phantom phreak.
  • PipPip

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:44 AM

a good sniper just needs patience, a gun hes practiced with and could dissasseble/reassemble blindfolded, the ability to outsmart his opposition, he should be fast, and shouldnt be cocky.

my mind is the most important part of my gear, i dont put alot of ups on my gun, i just learn how to use it. a player that knows how to shoot his gun well, will be the best. instead of the player that needs a super fast gun because he knows he could never survive without it.

get a gun, put a j&j or cp barrel on it, AND GO PLAY PAINTBALL!

#10 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:24 PM

thx tantrum, i think ill just play with my gun that i have now. Maybe try somebodys when i go to a field. Then when i find one i like ill go from there

#11 User is offline   tantrum 

• phantom phreak.
  • PipPip

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:05 PM

View Post_matt_, on Mar 16 2006, 07:24 PM, said:

thx tantrum, i think ill just play with my gun that i have now. Maybe try somebodys when i go to a field. Then when i find one i like ill go from there

yes, it may not sound fun, but thats what ive done before ive gotten a new marker everytime, try n see if they will let you use it in a game, then if it works for you, try and get your hands on one. You will be suprised that if you just ask, alot of people will let you use there gun. But if someone doesnt, dont take it personally.

good luck on choosing a new gun

#12 User is offline   famousgamer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:13 PM

and, back to the topic...

after everyone is done saying "get whatever you like", and "use what your prefer", know that there are logical choices out there for markers. Comon sense is common sense, so yeah choose what you want. I assume that is a given. You want to know about guns, and that is what you asked about. If you didnt care about that you would go get a 15 dollar slingshot.

- Get a gun that is quiet, lightweight, small and compact, low profile, and allows for maximum feild of vision.

- Use HPA for shot to shot consistiency.

- Use a barrel that allows for perfect paint-to-bore match, and get a barrel no longer than 14 inches, with about half its length in porting for stealth. Carbon fiber and cermanic barrels are the best for this.

- read dude, and not on forums either. Most of the people on forums are not worth listening too, myself included! Do searches on "perfect paintball barrel length" and "paintball myths" Do not read articles from companies, only experts who have conducted impartial research.

People will tell you about what makes you a good sniper, but seriously man, if you learn it for yourself from EXPERTS then that is what you need to really make the right gear choices.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users