Special Ops Paintball: Supergame XXXVII - May 1-3 SniperzDen - Special Ops Paintball

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Supergame XXXVII - May 1-3 SniperzDen Warpaints Biggest Event Yet! Rate Topic: -----

#136 User is offline   Batman 

• Batman
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Batman420

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:02 AM

View PostLoveMyMagMoreThanYou, on May 2 2009, 10:30 PM, said:

View PostCamoDeafie, on May 1 2009, 12:56 PM, said:

wanted to say, good luck at the game! I;m in Redmond and wishing i could be there for hte game

I came down from Sedro Woolley. You should make next year's game, it was a blast!!

Details PLEASE!!!! :happy: Yellow? Red? Highlights? Share with us shmucks that were unfortunate enough to miss this....C'mon, SPILL!
Saepe Exertus,Semper Fidelis,Frater Infinitas

#137 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:21 PM

I only got to play the last day, Sunday but it was great. Got some helmet camera footage uploading now for some of video of the last battle. Raw Footage.

#138 User is offline   THE Biscuit 

• "...The snozberries taste like snozberries..."
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

Congrats go out to General Murdoc and the teams and players on Yellow Army, way to go guys and gals!!

Big thanks to MOATI and crew for going above and beyond.

Hope to see you all at the next one in August.

This post has been edited by THE Biscuit: 04 May 2009 - 07:58 AM

"So I'm sorry, but there are some noobs that are just more fun than a barrel of monkeys." -Snatch_Patcherson

#139 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:20 PM

View PostTHE Biscuit, on May 3 2009, 10:12 PM, said:

Congrats go out to General Murdoc and the teams and players on Yellow Army, way to go guys and gals!!

Big thanks to MOTAI and crew for going above and beyond.

Hope to see you all at the next one in August.

I won't be able to make the one in August, but don't be too surprised to see me next May!

#140 User is offline   RockFish 

• AKA Cpl McGuire AKA Corpy
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:RockFish

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:00 PM

Yellow team wins! Wow that was sooo much fun. My first scenario game ever and it was amazing. Can't wait for August and also for the multimedia from the game as well. Great job to all who played Yellow and great game to all who went Red.
Edge Zero's one and only Corpy!
I'm neurotic, I need to see more people. I'm schizophrenic, I AM other people! - Veritech Squad

#141 User is offline   tripwire97701 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:18 AM

View PostBatman, on May 3 2009, 11:02 AM, said:

View PostLoveMyMagMoreThanYou, on May 2 2009, 10:30 PM, said:

View PostCamoDeafie, on May 1 2009, 12:56 PM, said:

wanted to say, good luck at the game! I;m in Redmond and wishing i could be there for hte game

I came down from Sedro Woolley. You should make next year's game, it was a blast!!

Details PLEASE!!!! :rolleyes: Yellow? Red? Highlights? Share with us shmucks that were unfortunate enough to miss this....C'mon, SPILL!

I only played through the carnage on Saturday but all 3 days were a blast. Yellow team took home the hard earned victory and Red team went home to lick their wounds. Yellow FTW!

#142 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:46 AM

Raw Helmet Camera Footage:

1 of 6

2 of 6

3 of 6

4 of 6

5 of 6

6 of 6

#143 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:17 AM

One of the great things about going was I got to put faces to the names on this board. I would like to thank Krazy 8, Biscuit and especially Xaber for making this a lot of fun. I WILL come again to this event!

#144 User is offline   Serenity 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:33 PM

I too had a blast, enjoyed playing on Saturday, taking pics on Sunday, and spending time with old friends and making new ones. To all of those who helped my son on Sunday when he smacked his head into a bunker, thank you. If it had been anything besides his head, I might have been really worried! :D I will get my pics uploaded as soon as possible...I am uploading now to the computer, need to edit, then upload to the net.... then you get to see them! I will keep you posted!
Thanks to the producers, sponsors, and most of all the players! Though the weather gods seemed angry, the game sure was fun!
OOOhhh, shiny things.......

#145 User is offline   mrwaterbuffalo 

• still lives with his parents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mrwaterbuffalo

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:44 PM

I had lots of fun trying to prevent the Pop up from FLYING AWAY

YOU SHOULD HAVE DANCED SERENITY ;)
Still misses DoN ;_;
All my friends are mods now

#146 User is offline   Boomer14 

• Irregulators Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Durty Dan

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

I was out on the field with Nitehawk during that rain storm, still defending the darkwood fort. The red just kept coming up that hill, even with no visibility and water running a river down the inside of the mask. We were just shooting at movement and blurs. Its got to be the most memorable firefights in my 20+ years of paintball. You know it was a great time when both sides leave the field giving high fives, dripping wet, and smiling.

#147 User is offline   RockFish 

• AKA Cpl McGuire AKA Corpy
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:RockFish

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:11 PM

The battle for Yeager Beach on Saturday was definitely my most memorable event. The refs called a freeze which gave the Reds a chance to regroup. As soon as the freeze ended the Reds charged up the road and took Yeager from above and we had to push up the hill to keep Yeager from being overrun. I ran out of paint before it was over so I didn't get to see the end of that fight.
Edge Zero's one and only Corpy!
I'm neurotic, I need to see more people. I'm schizophrenic, I AM other people! - Veritech Squad

#148 User is offline   pdxp8ntballer 

• Now in certified PSP ref flavor!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:big bruno

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:19 PM

Great job Murdoc and the Yellow team, you were the better team this weekend! To all who played RED side we thank you and hope you all make it back in August! To whoever was taking pics on sunday in the DMZ next to Serenity, big guy in a kilt, sorry I shot you a few times, I didnt see the camera and you didnt have a photog vest on, I just thought you werent going out, sorry my bad :laugh:. Boots, nice job on trying to get the flag all those times on Saturday during the final minutes in the DMZ, you are a very brave person to keep trying like that without a gun for defense. Thanks to schloob, MOATI, Greg Hastings and Montydoom for coming out and playing with us! Schloob it was fun running with you on th field for a bit! next for us is SPPL in July then SG38 in August, see you there!
Team Blacksheep: 2008, 2009 SPPL Oregon sportsmanship winners, 2010 Oregon masters divison first place. www.teamblacksheep-pb.com
Thanks to our awesome sponsors! www.Dangerouspower.com www.actionacrespb.com

#149 User is offline   Murdoc18 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:26 AM

The event was AMAZING! Most importantly though, it was fun. I really enjoyed meeting all the new faces and building some new friendships. Thanks to all the yellow teams that supported me, I am very humbled to have had such a high caliber of players and sportsmanship on the yellow side.

Red, you guys were awesome! Thanks for some SWEET battles in the DMZ, Yeager Beach and Dark Wood Fort. Saturday and Sunday provided some memories for life as well as some nice ripe welts.

All in all, he game was a success, win or lose. Thanks to all those who supported the cause. Look forward to seeing you all sometime soon in the future.

Cheers

#150 User is offline   dtr43 

• Team Hellfish
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

my full AAR.....

One of the most memorable moments of the weekend for me was on Saturday after holding Yeager Beach for the objective points we then worked our way toward the Swamp and Sticks objectives. The majority of our guys helped take the swamp and then began to push from there up the hill to Darkwood Fort while a few of us workeded our way through the jungle of stinging nettles toward the sticks. We ran into some heavy OPFOR holding a hilltop with the flag and respawn. Kreeper and I quickly got off the beaten path and went into the grass and stinging nettles to do some hunting. A few minutes later I met up with the guys from Lapine (I think, hard to tell with masks on) and we took out a few enemy until 2 of the 4 of us split to the right flank to try to push that side of our objective. A moment later I heard someone yell out "I just got my throat cut"! I knew that could only be one of us from central OR doing the throat cutting and I knew it was Kreeper who had just scored a good kill from behind. (It was cool of the guy to go out too since knife kills were technically not a legitimate way to get a kill, neither was a barrel tag.) The remaining two of us held the trail that we were at and I told my teammate that was one of our guys over on our left that got the knife kill. The trail at our position cut across the swamp and was a good ambush point. We held it until an enemy unexpectedly came within site of me, which was only a minute or two later. I told my teammate who was hidden behind a stump and out of his sight that it was his shot and the guy could see me but not my armband. My red teammate waited for the right moment and a clear shot and then sent the enemy walking back to his flag.

Eventually it was down to just Kreeper and I, though neither of us had a visual on each other we both knew the others general proximity. We played a game of cat and mouse with the constantly respawning enemy troops. They would come down the hill at us in the swamp, we would quickly dispatch them and move to a new position while they walked back up the hill and then we'd start all over again. It was funny because at this point we were deep, deep behind enemy lines. The enemy controlled the Darkwood Fort, Yeager Beach, the Sticks, BB Hill and I believe the DMZ and well they thought they controlled the Swamp but just the two of us moving around in the 3' high grass, mud, water and stinging nettles were doing a pretty good job of disrupting enemy operations in the area. Eventually Kreeper went out and I knew I was on my own now... Kind of a hairy feeling when you know you're surrounded by 400 enemy troops and all alone! I could hear the enemy all around me. The ones on the hill were talking amongst themselves saying that "we own the Swamp and Yeager, lets go this way through the Swamp". They were coming right at me so I quickly crawled just off the path cutting through the swamp and up underneath the large moss covered roots of a fallen tree. This seemed like a great spot for an ambush until I realized it was all stinging nettles. "Oh well, too late now I thought" and held my position with gun aimed and ready to fire at their turn onto my path. I waited until two enemy decided to cross. I let the first pass without seeing me and just as his buddy was far enough for me to be out of his peripheral vision I sprung from my nest of nettles and slaughtered both of them.

Soon after I heard some of the other enemy pushing their way toward Yeager Beach while skirting the edge of the Swamp. I began heading their direction. I could tell I was behind them and gaining ground but did not yet have a visual, and then "FREZE, FREEZE, FREEZE" from Darkwood Fort. This means there is an injury or medical emergency on the field and people are to stop playing, stay where they're at and wait until "game on" is called again. Apparently this is when one of the members of the 143rdSOG broke his leg. So I knelt quietly behind a tree, all the sudden about 40 yards out I could see the two enemy I had been tailing. They were sitting holding their position during the freeze as well. Only thing different was I knew they were there and they had no idea I was. So we waited, all of us. I remained hidden, until suddenly "Game on"! I moved quickly and sent them packing. Must of caught them by surprise because the first words were "first of all, i'm on YELLOW". I said nothing and only lifted my arm to show him my red tape and he said "oh" and walked off. At this point the rain had been coming down hard for awhile and I was getting low on ammo and energy and decided to push my luck a little and try to just fall in a little too close behind 3 other enemy in the area. One of them spotted me at about 20 yards out and began asking what team I was on because my armband was out of his sight. I was not about to say red and I couldn't say yellow so I just ignored him for a moment and kept going toward him hoping he'd think I was on his team and just drop the subject. He looked to his side around a tree right at me and asked again and I knew my gig was about up so I opened up on his buddy and took him out with me as his teammates sent me to the long walk off the field where I only saw yellow giving me weird looks and even one of them asking "where the hell did you come from"!? And after a good hour and a half behind enemy lines scoring handfulls of kills I figured it was time to dry off, get out of the nettles and hydrate for awhile.

In all I had a blast at Supergame37! Dan and his staff did an outstanding job, handled things as best as can be expected at an event with such large numbers and diverse weather conditions and in a location where it has never been held before! Props to you guys!

Thanks to Tone of the Operators for driving our crew over in the bus!

Thanks to all the people who helped us get that bus outta the mud! Bet you never thought you’d see a school bus do a 300 yard power slide did ya! J

Thanks to Wolfman and sister for the pizza hookup on the way home! It was fun running with you and the rest of the Desert Demons crew this weekend, lookin forward to more battles with you guys!

Thanks to the 40 plus teams and 800 people who showed up to make this the largest paintball game ever held in Oregon! It was nice meeting those of you that I did get to talk to and look forward to seeing you all again in the future.

Thanks to the awesome sponsors who gave out over $40,000 worth of product! That is just crazy!

And lastly a big thankyou to the field owner for letting us all play the sport we love at your property and getting all of those who needed it unstuck from the mud with your tractor. That was above and beyond and I’m sure not what you were expecting to have to do last weekend. Thank you.

This post has been edited by dtr43: 05 May 2009 - 09:33 AM

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users