Special Ops Paintball: Deadliest Paintball Player - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Deadliest Paintball Player Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Deadliest Paintballer (93 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win in a one on one paintball fight?

1. Woodsball Player (20 votes [47.62%])

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

2. Tourrnyball player (22 votes [52.38%])

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   Yakkers 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

I said Tourneyball, simply because it would eventually end up in a one on one snap firing battle, which is a tourney player's specialty.

#17 User is offline   Dib 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dib

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:45 PM

Hey Eskimo, I like your break down. One major question though. Will both players have double fingered triggers? If not the tourny has a major advantage in BPS regardless if both are in semi.
If he rips my arms off, I'll kick him to death.
If he rips my legs off, I'll bite him to death.
If he rips my head off, I'll stare him to death.
And if he gouges my eyes out, I'll curse him from beyond the grave.

#18 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:25 AM

When I compare the two in my head I see:

Speedball player:

1.protective clothing for bounces,
2. fast
3. shoots 25 bps, extremely accurate marker.

Woodsball player:

1. long range: marker with stock and flatline for distance, semi only.
2. medium range: grenades to go over bunkers
3. pistol

#19 User is offline   Woodsballer4342 

• Noble Leader
  • PipPip

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

Well the speedballer would be i tournament wear meaning he would be very noticeble. The woodsballer would indeed know the woods and how to play in them. I would definately say the woodsballer but it all depends on how skilled they are.

#20 User is offline   badger nine 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:55 AM

Well, the woodsballer would proably have fatboys or F-bomb grenades, a sidearm, an apex, and be covered head to toe in multicam, digi, omnipat, or some other form of camo, most likely a scope or red dot sight on a rail, and using a offset feed marker like a X7,A5 BT marker with ripclip, or T9, along with mil-sim knee pads and elbow pads.

The tourney player would have his bright DYE pants and jersey on, NXE slider shorts and DYE knee pads, DYE I4 mask, an NXE pod pack, and proably a DM9, EGO09, Geo, bob long, or an Angel A1 fly, along with a dye rotor or empire prophrecy.

Both players would have been playing for the same amount of years, and both have an equal number of hours of game time.

In an all natural woodsball environment, heavily wooded, lots of fallen trees, thick brush, sticks and leaves, an average amount of sunlight and all the rest of an ideal woodsball game. The tourney player would most likely be the one to be on the hunt, whereas the woodsball player would have concealed himself in a good ambush position, proably along the tape so as not to be flanked. If the woodsball player managed to hit the tourney player when the tourney player enters the killzone, it would go to the woodsballer.

If he missed however, chances are the game would go to the tourney player, in which the game would turn into a snapshooting battle once the tourney player finds the woodsballer.

#21 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

Remember on the show it's always by chance the two parties cross pathes. So it's not like the tourney player initially went hunting or the woodsball player is laying in ambush somewhere.

We may pretend they see each other across a open field. Tourney player attacks and the woodsball player hits the brush. Let the game begin.

This post has been edited by slinkyaroo: 10 May 2009 - 12:01 PM

#22 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:42 PM

If the tourney player can get into a 50/50, he'll win. I've never met a woodsballer with better gun skills than a speedballer if they've got equivalent experience. If the woodsballer can get the drop on the speedballer, he's got a chance - but if those first few shots don't do the job, he's in a lot of trouble.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#23 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:46 PM

View PostWoodsballer4342, on May 10 2009, 11:44 AM, said:

Well the speedballer would be i tournament wear meaning he would be very noticeble. The woodsballer would indeed know the woods and how to play in them. I would definately say the woodsballer but it all depends on how skilled they are.

They make green, black, and camo speedball gear.

I think the tourney player would win. He's got a lot more going for him. Marker wise, since the woods player will be using an a-5, or similar tippmann, there hasn't been much advancement in ergonomics, efficiency, etc. Tourney guns one up themselves almost every year, so they will always be better than a tippmann.

I'd add more, but I don't really feel like it.

#24 User is offline   Gas mask 

• Signed on for the first time in 4 years.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GAS MASK

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

Hey, what about mid 90's tourney players who played in the woods? :unsure: My vote would be tourney player though.

I am PayPal Verified.

#25 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:56 PM

I admit that I didn't go into too much detail in terms of gear and skill level because I was pressed for time on the writting of this. I'll amend the first post to better factor in gear and what not.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#26 User is offline   ranger111133 

• the powdered sugar king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ranger111133

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:23 PM

i voted for the tourney player but what if the woodsball player was more of a hybrid player...like someone who played woodsball a lot and not a lot of speedball but had a gun like mini invert or even a TM-7 using auto? if it was more of a hybrid woodsball player i would go say the woodsball player would win...what you guys are classifying this woodsball player is someone with a heavy set up and is carrying a bulky set up but it doesn't have to b like that at all....i am a woodsball player and i sometimes don't carry any pods with me at all just so i don't get my pod pack caught on stuff. so definetly if the woodsball player had a light, auto gun like a tm-7 or mini invert (if it was more of a hybrid player) then he would win because he would know how to navigate and find better cover in the woods

#27 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:05 PM

View PostQC MAD KID, on May 9 2009, 07:33 PM, said:

nicky vegas or rich telford or Justin Ing

Nicky, becuase he's actually crazy.. I have no doubt in my mind he is insane. actually, mentally insane.

View PostDib, on May 9 2009, 11:45 PM, said:

Hey Eskimo, I like your break down. One major question though. Will both players have double fingered triggers? If not the tourny has a major advantage in BPS regardless if both are in semi.

I guess the tournament player would have a double trigger, ( now becuase this goes into types of fingers and stuff, lets say he's usuing a spring return trigger with a simple "C" shape.) the woodballer would have a double trigger also, although it's probaly more like a tippmann or a BT double trigger. not so much a double trigger as a long single trigger :(

#28 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:14 PM

View PostCesar, on May 8 2009, 10:53 PM, said:

...the one who has more skill....

ditto

and as some one great once said:
Posted Image

ok now my opinion..speedballers generally are more skilled than woodsballers for these reasons: they practice running, sliding, snapping, fast fingers, and all that good stuff...when released in the woods no matter how flashy they are they will still win 80 percent of the time, i speak from my experiance of course..
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

I'd still say the woods player has some advantages because I did states that the fight would be in the woods. The woods player is wearing camo aginst the tourrney player wearing bright colors. Plus most extream woods players study military tactics and movement. Going aginst a guy that most of the time will spray and pray, the woods player has an accuracy advantage.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#30 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

View PostEskimo, on May 9 2009, 07:01 PM, said:

Alrighty, in light of the show. im breaking it down like this.

You have a medium Brush situation, no created cover. only trees and small brushes.

Now, assuming you have two players of the Exact skill level. think of yourself facing yourself.

in the Clothing.

The tourny player will have his slider shorts on, his pants and his jersey. While it does not give him the bonus in camoflauge the additional support from the hip protection, the knee padding and the ventalated legs keeps him cool, plus the jersey will have added for-arm protection and the lightwight mesh in between his arms and back will keep him flexible as well provide even more ventallation.

The woodsball player will have his camoflauge equipment ( for arguments sake, he will be wearing the avarage BDU) so, as a paintball player he also will be wearing slider shorts under his pants, but will not be supplemented by the hip and knee padding with the venting. so his legs will be less protected and might heat up a bit more, but he also has the advantage of camo-flauge. His shirt will also suffer the elbow and the mesh, but gains in camoflauge.

Now in the shoes
Tourny player will be wearing eather Soccer cleats, football cleats or golf cleats. all will providing a low ankle for flexibility and the short cleat will keep him very nimble both on the turf and the woods.

Woodsball player will be in Boots. Providing maximum ankle support for roll-overs and the increased arch supoort from the soal, although will have less flxibility and movment. ( water proofing not a factor)

Marker

The tournament player will have a lightwieght, small and compact marker. tank will be shouldered and the centerfeed hopper provides the ability to go from left to right handed without marker obstuction. the marker itself with paintballs only weighs a total of roughly 4 pounds.

the Woodsball player will have a medium built marker, was light to start, but the addition of a stock and various peices rose the general wieght to roughly 5 pounds.

Note: Both players have 68/4500 tanks. Both players are on semi-automatic only. both players have thier hopper plus 4 x140 pods.

Skill sets:
The tournament player will have focused on his agility and form while playing, planning 3 bunkers ahead moves from tree to tree cover to cover, the tournament player has the advantage with a more compact marker, the player also has the advantage in snap-shooting and moving while shooting.
( teamwork and communication unless on a 1 vs 1)

the woodsball player will have the enviroment for the advantage. knowing he's both out gunned and fundamentally out-skilled, relies on the forest to cover his movments while trying to find the tournament player, his off-set hopper means he's going to try to play the right side of a bunker more often.

persoanlly, I think on a 1 vs 1 the tournament will win, Purly becuase if the woodsball player cannot eliminate him at the start he cannot let the tournament player behind cover, he will have a hard time snap-shooting out his opponent and when the tournament player moves from one tree to the next he knows his aiming is going to be much better then his.

This.

View PostBIGBOSS_202, on May 14 2009, 04:34 PM, said:

I'd still say the woods player has some advantages because I did states that the fight would be in the woods. The woods player is wearing camo aginst the tourrney player wearing bright colors. Plus most extream woods players study military tactics and movement. Going aginst a guy that most of the time will spray and pray, the woods player has an accuracy advantage.

"Speedball" gear is not necessarily brightly coloured, just like camoflauge isn't necessarily digital. And your assumption that speedball/tourney players "most of the time will spray and pray" is pathetically inaccurate.

-Z3R0

This post has been edited by Z3R0: 14 May 2009 - 02:00 PM

Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users