Snipers, we need to talk... Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   AnEchoSoldier 

• Future Property of the USMC
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:AnEchoSoldier

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:13 PM

...Ouch. :D

So I am a sniper. I always figured I was a Sabre, and I didn't want to claim the title of Sniper just yet. :D
I'll still just stick with my MARPAT BDU instead of buying some ghillie, though. Thanks!
"I submit to you that if a man has not found something he is willing to die for, than he is not fit to live!"
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Put This In Your Sig if Your Parents Don't Pay For Your Stuff

#32 User is offline   Lunar Wolf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Reaper_15

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:58 AM

View Postgeist_soldat, on Sep 28 2006, 10:32 AM, said:

one of the worst aspects of the whole thing is that the newbs still seem to think its all about the equipment. no matter how many times you tell them that if they get their tactics up to snuff the can own someone with a talon, they cant get the thought of "if i get a q-bow i'll be the best sniper ever" out of their heads. as much as i try to help the less experienced, i am about to start answering all trite, over asked questions with "use the search button."

Totally agree with you, heck i play with a brass eagle when im sniping [[waiting for air-thru stock for my a-5]] i have to get closer when i play with it but its all about timing and the biggest part PATIENCE
Reaper

#33 User is offline   {R.A.U.}ThePoonisher 

• "Scary Instinct"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:{R.A.U.}ThePoonisher

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:40 AM

To me being a sniper isn't about camo, or becoming a legend, or how accurate your gun is. It's about NOT running and gunning, stealth, and having fun playing paintball. I choose to be a sniper because that is the posistion that I love. One might even go as far as to say that it reflects who you are as a person. In life I'm a layed back person. I prefer to do things by myself. I like to go it alone. I can still take orders from my commander but I find that when I'm with other people it slows me down. I also find it extemly awarding when you make a one shot kill. Personally when I see someone get "lit up" I'm not that impressed with the person that is responsible for it.

All that and I can't afford alot of paint. :laugh:

{R.A.U.}ThePoonisher :ghillie:

This post has been edited by {R.A.U.}ThePoonisher: 25 August 2007 - 11:41 AM

- - ->Future A51 Baller<- - -

Come back to us when all this is over. There will always be a place for you here.
Will it ever be over? I replied.
Everything that has a beginning has an ending, he said.

#34 User is offline   paintsniper777 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Splatopus

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:39 PM

look, i'm new to the position and i can already tell you that this is an amazing post, dont blame it on every noob, just cause some of us are lazy bums doesn't mean we all are.
If there was a fire in your house and the first thing you would grab was your paintball gear, put this in your sig.
John 15:13.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
92% of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If you are of the 8% that would be laughin your butt off, put this in your sig
Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio
(Stealth, Patience, Honor)

#35 User is offline   Marine101 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:=Twig=

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:35 AM

OK Yeah, He has very well spoken that speach on "Snipers" He is right people may fear the sniper but that doesnt mean your first position starting off should be Sniper, I started out standard RifleMan but now its been about 5 years since i've played that position. I'm a Sniper its a very complex position to play you gotta remember nobody is their for you, your mostly on your own when you play. So you must be brave to act on your own. Second you gotta remember your type of tactics of hit and run and for new people that play this position its mostly CAMPING!! but yeah you must remember stealth is your key to surviving, its a must to practice without your rifle for awhile on how you walk in the woods without making enough noise to alert them, it took me about a year to get that one..lol, and you need to learn to get one rifle and stick with it, cause if you sit there and change rifles every other second its gonna mess with you cause your not gonna be used to the sights or the range your gun can make like mine , M107-A5 , i get about 150+ ft. dead accurate and its not all that loud you just got to remember where your shooting , in doors or outside, soo yeah i mean its not a simple task to master this position and if your just starting on paintball dont start with this one cause its way to hard to learn in the beginning you need to build your way up like Rifleman or CQC (Close Quarter Combat) this way you learn about your restrictions on movement with your gear and fire rate control , like me i fire maby 4 shots every hour at the most., and i hardly move unless i shoot someone
then i have to move unless i want to be shot myself, so yeah i mean i wouldnt mind giving some field advice like tactics wise but like he said at the beginning is we will always have a trick up our sleeves ( i only show the basics of all basics on this position you will learn the rest on your own like i had to) like i go to PlayPaintballNow in Chucky,TN i will be there prolly everyother weekend or so during the summer i will always be there. So yeah you guys or girls who have any questions on Snipers E-Mail Me @- Twigman101@hotmail.com

MarineCorps Hoorah

#36 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zing

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:25 PM

OK this is my first time posting. And I'll tell you y. Instead of being on the computer for hours on end, I'm out there paintballing my but off. So look, the dudes out there that say there is no paintball sniper, they can't be that far from wrong, your all in here talking about it. like really. some of those posts are huge! so get off that computer chair, turn off your computer, and get crawling! maybe when they feel the back of their head getting pasted, and turn around to see nobody there, they might think "hey, maybe i was a dumb pile of manure for dissen them snipes" So dont dissapoint, get out there and represent!

#37 User is offline   Mystic 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:18 PM

View PostAnEchoSoldier, on Jun 19 2007, 03:50 PM, said:

This is just a quick yes or no question that I didn't want to open up a new topic for. I have never thought of myself as a paintball sniper, but I always wondered wheather or not my play style was the same as one. I spend the vast majority of my time crawling on my stomach across a field, only taking shots when I'm sure I won't be spotted and have the perfect oppertunity. I use a BT-4 marker, definitely not outfitted to be considered a "sniper rifle". I never engage is firefights, preffering to stay low and quiet. I almost never get spotted (not showing off, I've only played a maximum of about 18 v. 18 man woodsball games) and I usually set up an ambush or two and go out for recon data.

Just my opinion, I wouldn't really call you a Sniper based on just what you said, but I would say you are using Sniper tactics.

I have trained a few paintball snipers and I have some basic tests I put them through. Assuming you are on a field that is at least 20 acres in size, and you are playing a big game (At least 100 people). It does not have to be a big game for you to be a sniper, but for testing, it really puts a potential through the riggers.

1.. Without any amunition, you must completely cross the field across the other teams lines and return, without getting shot. Without ammo, that means without getting detected. You may take as long as you like.

2.. Completely follow the paintball field perimiter untill you get back to your start. Always stay within ten feet of the paremeter. Take as long as you like.

3.. Remove your hopper from your paintball gun, and leave your pods behind. Take exactly five paintballs with you in your pocket (or protective case) and engage and eliminate a specific target, then return without getting shot. You must take out the target by a designated time, but you may take as long as you like getting back.

There are other tests, but if you can do these three things, I would say you are qualified as a paintball sniper.
MYSTIC

#38 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:39 PM

Necropost, but wait it's a pinned topic...carry on.

#39 User is offline   cRosSfIR3 

• Ben G
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CROSSFIR3

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:38 AM

ive had my 98 custom for the whole year ive been playing. Seriously though newbies should stop drooling over their keyboards looking at the longbow and get out and use the marker they have been blessed with, because you never know how it will do. ive had my 98 and the only reason im getting a new marker is because my mother is going to start playing paintball.
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
"Nobody has to be a hero...it just sometimes turns out that way"
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#40 User is offline   Red3244 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Evensniper

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

View PostZing, on Mar 6 2008, 05:25 PM, said:

OK this is my first time posting. And I'll tell you y. Instead of being on the computer for hours on end, I'm out there paintballing my but off. So look, the dudes out there that say there is no paintball sniper, they can't be that far from wrong, your all in here talking about it. like really. some of those posts are huge! so get off that computer chair, turn off your computer, and get crawling! maybe when they feel the back of their head getting pasted, and turn around to see nobody there, they might think "hey, maybe i was a dumb pile of manure for dissen them snipes" So dont dissapoint, get out there and represent!

That is exactly right. I couldnt agree with you anymore. I just joined the forums and threw out some responses to posts but that is really all i did. At the beginning of this thread someone said that where are all the elite snipers? The answer: They are doing what they do best, make there own things, adapt, practice, and they only rely on only themselves and their team. Gear is a nice thing to have. But it is who is really behind the gun. Some of us were meant for it, some aren't. As for the downward spiral in the forums, sorry but im just telling the truth, there is just too many wanna-bes. You cant be walking into a sniper forum and only play a few days and call yourself sniper. Sorry. But that is how it is. Those new guys that are diving into paintball need to experiment and see what is right for them before the enter this HQ. Thats my opinion.
How far can you go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without?

#41 User is offline   kl0wn 

• PipPip

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:45 PM

View PostMarine101, on Mar 2 2008, 11:35 AM, said:

OK Yeah, He has very well spoken that speach on "Snipers" He is right people may fear the sniper but that doesnt mean your first position starting off should be Sniper, I started out standard RifleMan but now its been about 5 years since i've played that position. I'm a Sniper its a very complex position to play you gotta remember nobody is their for you, your mostly on your own when you play. So you must be brave to act on your own. Second you gotta remember your type of tactics of hit and run and for new people that play this position its mostly CAMPING!! but yeah you must remember stealth is your key to surviving, its a must to practice without your rifle for awhile on how you walk in the woods without making enough noise to alert them, it took me about a year to get that one..lol, and you need to learn to get one rifle and stick with it, cause if you sit there and change rifles every other second its gonna mess with you cause your not gonna be used to the sights or the range your gun can make like mine , M107-A5 , i get about 150+ ft. dead accurate and its not all that loud you just got to remember where your shooting , in doors or outside, soo yeah i mean its not a simple task to master this position and if your just starting on paintball dont start with this one cause its way to hard to learn in the beginning you need to build your way up like Rifleman or CQC (Close Quarter Combat) this way you learn about your restrictions on movement with your gear and fire rate control , like me i fire maby 4 shots every hour at the most., and i hardly move unless i shoot someone
then i have to move unless i want to be shot myself, so yeah i mean i wouldnt mind giving some field advice like tactics wise but like he said at the beginning is we will always have a trick up our sleeves ( i only show the basics of all basics on this position you will learn the rest on your own like i had to) like i go to PlayPaintballNow in Chucky,TN i will be there prolly everyother weekend or so during the summer i will always be there. So yeah you guys or girls who have any questions on Snipers E-Mail Me @- Twigman101@hotmail.com

Posted Image
Rifles? You know this a paintball forum right? Last time I checked we didn't fire rifles at each other out in the woods. By the way, all paintball markers shooting at 300 fps will have relatively the same range as each other unless you have a Flatline or Apex barrel. You should probably learn these simple facts before you start giving advice. Just a suggestion.

#42 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:51 PM

My opinion on this matter as far as gear and such go, A bipod or a gripod can be used either in a defencive position or if your in a good hideing place. As far as marker selection is concerned, I'd have to say a Tippmann series marker is the best with the addition of a basic red dot sight. Cammo on the other havd is up to the operator, gullie is good for brakeing your outline up but in the end it's how you employ it.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#43 User is offline   FricknSasquatch 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

great post props man!

"FricknSasquatch by name, frickin sasquatch by game"

#44 User is offline   Wrzesinski 

• Gives his $.02
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wrzesinski

Post icon  Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

View Postgamer, on Oct 3 2006, 03:07 AM, said:

Ummmm, no one wants to get shot...

Ummmm, not true...I want to get shot!

http://brigade.specialopspaintball.com/mem...ew.php?id=92862

it's in my description.

[EDIT:] woah necro post!

This post has been edited by Wrzesinski: 27 May 2009 - 10:32 PM

The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
Being too awesome :P

Who has the best girlfriend in the whole wide world? ME!

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users