Special Ops Paintball: Borg 07 Trigger Issues - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Borg 07 Trigger Issues Trigger keeps locking up.

#1 User is offline   EBOB HATRED 

• Random Hatred's Dagger
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:EBOB

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:20 PM

I have been having some issues with my trigger locking up. When my borg first arrived this was not a issues, but then after a few minutes of play it locked up. Now by locked up I mean the screws tightening in the trigger. The screws seems to be screwing themselves in and adding tension, I keep on backing the screws off, only to have tension return again. Anyone else have these problems, or know how to fix it.
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard be evil!!! Knowledge is, That my team keeps my enemy's head down and there minds set on them. Power is, That I have a bead on enemy at point blank and they don't know it. Evil is, That they are powerless to stop me from pulling the trigger. Study Hard

#2 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:54 AM

Put locktite blue on the threads of the trigger screw.
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#3 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:28 AM

View Postcommander mike, on Mar 1 2008, 08:54 AM, said:

Put locktite blue on the threads of the trigger screw.

Agreed, but I would reccomend removing the trigger to apply the loctite and then reinstall after its dried. A tiny amount of loctite in the wrong place will destroy the gun (especially the board). Also be sure to use only medium or light strength, If you use loctite brand its the BLUE one but may be a different color if its a different brand so look for light or medium strength. Use of high strength or red Loctite will surely destroy your chances of ever adjusting it again and may even strip the aluminum threads if you try. Good luck -ED
The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

#4 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:44 AM

Well, that's exactly what I was gonna tell you too! If it's definitely the screws tightening themselves (which doesn't seem quite right), then a little low-strength Loctite should do it, and it's a cheap fix. I'd try that and, if it continues to do this, get back to me and I'll see what I can find out for you.

#5 User is offline   willdunn 

• *INSERT CATCH PHRASE*
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:willdunn

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:16 PM

locktite it, its your best bet.

#6 User is offline   EBOB HATRED 

• Random Hatred's Dagger
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:04 PM

Thank you for all the replies, I will take up your advise. Though after a little more adjusting it no longer seems to be locking up. It may come back, if it does I'll try locktite. The problem does seem odd, but the only explanation that I can find for it is that somehow the trigger is tightening itself. When I go back and tighten the screw, the screw is literally screwed in and tight. Thank you for all the help, I'll get back to this topic if I have any more problems.
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard be evil!!! Knowledge is, That my team keeps my enemy's head down and there minds set on them. Power is, That I have a bead on enemy at point blank and they don't know it. Evil is, That they are powerless to stop me from pulling the trigger. Study Hard

#7 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:07 PM

Exactly which screw(s) seem to have the problem? All of them or just the lower (post-travel) screw?

#8 User is offline   EBOB HATRED 

• Random Hatred's Dagger
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:42 AM

It's mostly the tention adjust screw at the top of the trigger. But, after adjusting all 3 of the screws with much loosening and tightening, it seems to stop the problems. So it could be a combination of all of them causing the problem. I think the reason for my problem was not "balancing" the screws, causing it to be loose in certain screws and tight in the others. I just needed to find the median, where it was lose enough for walking, but tense enough to be forced to apply light pressure. It's hard to explain, but I think the main problems was the tension adjust at the top.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users