• You cannot reply to this topic

Question about the Warp Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:18 AM

Hopefully some of you guys will know this cause I couldnt figure it out.
I had a warp feed a while back on my Tac-One w/ ULT. I started off using the vert feed Tac-Body, but had problems loading because (Im assuming) the angle of the hose was weird (similar looking to a backwards question mark) and it wasnt feeding right.

So to remedy this, I bought a Warp Left Tac-Body. I milled down the rail to fit the body on and thought all would work fine. When I had it setup like this..I chopped...constantly. I put the vert feed body on to see if it would chop any with it (thinking first that I had a problem with my Lvl10) I ripped through a hopper of paint with no chops or breaks. I put the warp body back on and chopped like crazy.

When I got the Warp, the vibration sensor was broke, so I bought a Intelli Cable from Lukes Customs.

I want to get a warp setup for my Emag (Brand new Warp Feed, Warp ULE body, Emag Warp Cable).

My question is, what was the problem with my prior warp setup? Did I not have the rail milled enough? Was it a problem with the Warp??

Any help is greatly appreciated...I dont wanna drop about $250 for a new setup unless I know its gonna work.

Thanks guys!

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:13 PM

That doesnt make an sense.
warp left and you chop like crazy.. vertical feed and you dont chop at all.

The only thing I can think of is maybe becuase of the hose the ball was slighty pushed into the detent. and when you fired the air kinda sorta pushed the ball into the detent. and by then the bolt had moved forward enough so instead of cancelling the cycle ( to not chop the ball ) the bolt continued on smacking your paintball thus causing chops.

other then that im completely clueless as to how that would be.

#3 User is offline   Uranus 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:51 AM

Don't you have a Lvl 10?

#4 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

yes

#5 User is offline   Texas Trigger 

• Nothin' but the rain...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

Might be screw pressure. Back off your frame screw 1/8 to 1/4 turn and see what happens. Try this with the field strip screw. When you get it where you want it, get a gasket that will keep it in place.
I'm here, Benjie, I'm here, I said, clasping his hand on my arm.
Help me Rootie, my legs won't move.
Aw Benjie, it'll be okay Benj, I'll give you mine

USAFA '12.

#6 User is offline   TaCticulMerderer18 

• Tom Kaye, Mike Cassidy, Glenn Palmer and Budd Orr.... DemiGods
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shiek

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:07 AM

View PostUranus, on Feb 20 2009, 02:51 AM, said:

Don't you have a Lvl 10?

its a tac one.. all x-valve have lvl 10's...

how old is the tac?

how many shims in the ult?

Even if you don't see it on the site, we can still get it for you!!!
No, we won't be stocking .50 caliber anything....

#7 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

The Tac has 7 shims and is 3 years old, bought new from AGD...Im not concerned about it...I was asking if the same stuff is gonna happen if I get a whole new Warp setup for my Emag... I dont wanna drop $300 and find out its gonna do the same thing

#8 User is offline   SN toter 

• Yes, I had a Super Nova
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SN TOTER

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:51 PM

JJ, sounds to me like you may have just a screwy warp feed. I've had several and I havent had those problems. I never ran it on a centerfeed body though. Mine were warp right and pf bodies. Methinks you just had a lemon warp .. May have had an electric problem or something.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Corrupted355 

• Addict
  • Pip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:47 PM

It sounds kinda like there could be a problem with the parabolic feed plug. I've got a Warp on a Cocker, and that plug got twisted a little once and caused problems similar to what you're describing. BTW, I run it center feed with no problems. I can post up a picture if you want to see it, but the hose is pretty question mark shaped, and it feeds great.

#10 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:04 AM

View PostSN toter, on Mar 3 2009, 10:51 PM, said:

JJ, sounds to me like you may have just a screwy warp feed. I've had several and I havent had those problems. I never ran it on a centerfeed body though. Mine were warp right and pf bodies. Methinks you just had a lemon warp .. May have had an electric problem or something.

Thats what I was thinking, you remember all those problems I had with it last year? It was all with the Warp on it with the left feed body. Thats why Im getting a new warp this time lol.

#11 User is offline   TaCticulMerderer18 

• Tom Kaye, Mike Cassidy, Glenn Palmer and Budd Orr.... DemiGods
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shiek

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:47 AM

what kind of paint were you using? just out of curiousity..

i dunno, i kinda sounds like the warp may have been almost forcing the ball past the detent hence the chopping of the ball.. i really dont know ive never had a chopping problem mainly cause my lvl 10 was tuned.

This post has been edited by TaCticulMerderer18: 05 March 2009 - 07:48 AM

Even if you don't see it on the site, we can still get it for you!!!
No, we won't be stocking .50 caliber anything....

#12 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

I was using a bunch of different paint, Draxus Nightmare, SP Contender, and a few other brands

#13 User is offline   Outlaw5 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Outlaw5

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:05 AM

Enhander, Get the sensor parts for the one Warp and try it then. I know you have the Warp Intellifeed but a dual system is alway good. If your Intellifeed isn't "tuned" well then the warp won't turn completely and then a Paintball will only get so far into the breech prior to you firing......or chopping. Also, have you looked at the timing Jumpers inside the back plate of the Warp? These timing jumper tell the warp how long to spin for. You can get the spin longer so there is positive feeding or shorten it for economy of battery life. Additionally, make sure your jumpers for a intellifeed and the sensor are in the right place.

Now as for an E-MAG! Get the Warp! The electronic board with a warp jumper cable will allow you to get positive feeding as an electric pulse is given off by the E-MAG main board to "remind" the warp to turn. With an E-MAG cable you can get the turn time down quite well to preserve battery life. You won't have problems with the warp hooked up to the E-MAG.

Lastly, Go to AO and find in the Tech section the sticky that tells you how to make a 12Volt regulator and then you can hook up two batteries in the warp for faster, positive and longer battery life or in the case of the E-MAG; use that 12volt regulator to hook the warp up into the E-MAG main battery litening up your set up. My X-MAG is set up that way and I love it!

Good luck and keep us informed. "Outlaw5"
MAJ Jerry Perkins, SF, De Oppresso Liber
Keeper of the X-MAG

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users