• You cannot reply to this topic

JCS Edge Kit Ceramic barrel, now with bore matching Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Steel Blue 

• Ambush Artist
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Steel Blue

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:35 AM

I originally picked up a 12" JCS ceramic barrel for my A-5 which performed decently but nowhere near as good as the reviews had led me to believe. I soon discovered the reason when I dropped some of my field paint into the barrel and it rapidly dribbled out the other end. The paint I was using was more like .685 and my ceramic was bored to something larger like .689.

I enjoyed the quality and self cleaning properties of my ceramic so I went out searching and I found the JCS edge kit. The edge kit is a two piece barrel system. Depending on the kit you buy you can get any number of backs or fronts. The kit I picked up had four four-inch backs (.685, .688, .691, .693) and one ten-inch front giving the barrel a total length of 14 inches.

Now my shots have deadly accuracy and super tight grouping. I've been to several different fields and used several different paints and I've always been able to get a good barrel match. I've used the .691 once, and I've used either the .685 or the .688 the rest of the time. I haven't had to break out the .693 just yet.

I can best sum up the performance with this anecdote. We were tinkering with my friend's new A-5 this past weekend in the woods in front of his house. He got it off eBay and it had a cracked power tube. We drove down to the local shop to get a new one. While there I picked up an Adco Hot Shot red dot sight for $20. While he was busy painting trees with his new aquisition, I zeroed the sight and asked my friend to call a target. He told me to shoot a knot on a tree about 100' away. I steadied my aim and put the red dot right on the knot. I pulled the trigger and the paint hit the knot, dead center. He told me it was a lucky shot and asked me to do it again. I did. Ten more times. I looked over and began to laugh when I saw his open jaw. He made some comment about how super accurate my barrel was, but I was too busy admiring the tight grouping I had just shot.

Summary - The J&J Quality & Performance you expect combined with the self-cleaning ceramic coating, but NOW with no dependence on paint!

If you're like me and play at different fields and don't want to have to worry about what paint you're shooting, get the Edge kit. They go for between $70 and $140 depending on the pieces you choose. For my kit I paid $100.

This post has been edited by Steel Blue: 16 August 2005 - 04:13 PM

#2 User is offline   lastmanstanding 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:30 PM

How does it compare with the stiffi, is it quiet as well?

#3 User is offline   Steel Blue 

• Ambush Artist
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Blue

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:11 PM

lastmanstanding, on Aug 16 2005, 07:30 PM, said:

How does it compare with the stiffi, is it quiet as well?

I don't know how it compares as I have no experience with that barrel.

I can tell you, however, that the J&J edge is pretty quiet. My friend has an A-5 with a low pressure kit, but he has a flatline on it. The LPK should make the marker very quiet but the flatline transforms it into a cannon. Mine is significantly quieter despite running at high pressure.

#4 User is offline   lastmanstanding 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:45 PM

well, the flatline is one of the louder barrels out there ;)

I'll give the Edge a try sooner or later

*bangs his head waiting for B-day*

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users