Special Ops Paintball: Reviews of the paint I've used - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Reviews of the paint I've used Formula 13, Visible Impact, Nightmares, Monster Balls, etc. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   stratoskater 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Stratoskater

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:50 PM

Okay well here are my opinions on paint:

Diablo Formula 13:
-Okay well currently I still have half a case sitting in my room that I'm still using. The case is about 3-4 months old, and the balls are still in perfect condition. I am amazed by how solid and strong they are. Not a single squishy one in the whole batch. It is affordable paint at the average price of $40 a case (2,000 ct.) I would compare these to be a little bit less effective than marballizers, as they occasionally break on bushes. They are pretty slick.

Visible Impact:
-Okay, WalMart paint, woohoo! Before turning this down, it is about 36 dollars for a 2000 ct case, and despite being WalMart paint, these exceed my expectations. Comes usually with a yellow/red shell and a BRIGHT neon pink fill. Very easy to see. Break easily on hit, but not so much in barrel. You would buy these for the convenience of getting them from WalMart. These are decent paintballs, but if you can buy something a bit better please do.

Diablo Nightmares:
-See Diablo Formula 13, because I can not notice a quality difference between the two.

Monster Balls
-No. NO. What are YOU smoking, to think that anything that sells for $30 a case will be decent? These break all the time, they are soft and cheap. Are you crazy? Compare to dog poo.

Marballizers:
-Okay, we've all heard of the almighty marballizers. This paint is some of the best you can buy, and at $60 a case it better be top notch! These go STRAIGHT through bushes, and find your target with ease. High price, but worth it. Thick fill that is very hard to wipe, which means less cheaters. If you can afford these without cutting through your budget, then go for them. These will definitely help you getting people out, they do not break easy.
I recommend these with all my heart.

Draxxus Bronze:
-Okay so, this is a kind of biased review on my part right here. Me and my team went to Bear-Claw paintball in Shelbyville, TN. The field paint we used was DXS bronze. Supposedly this was top notch paint, but I heard we got a bad shipment, because this poo was probably worse than monster ball paint. If anyone would like to clear this up that has used DXS bronze, let me know what you guys think of it.

Stingers:
-Okay, same price as Formula 13's, at $40 a case, this paint is about the same as Formula 13. If anything its a little bit less quality, from my experience, but is still great paint. I recommend it if you cant buy marballizer and the shop is out of Formula.

I hope this helps a few people that have trouble choosing paint, this should be a bit of a guide to you.
Here is what I would recommend in order:
1. Marballizer
2. Nightmare
3. Formula 13 OR Stinger
4. Visible Impact
5. Monster Balls

No room for DXS bronze as my review is biased, I have yet to play with a "good" batch of paint from them.

#2 User is offline   Aim for the trash 

• Not my name?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:REMOVED AS INAPPROPRIATE

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:15 PM

Ok.

Marbalizers: Cool shell, breaks on target but not in your gun. Accuracy was good, probably better with a barrel kit. The fill is very nice. Also, they have a distinct smell that I like.

Spank: Good quality, cheap. Only downside is they STINK. The fill is good.

Proball: Good accuracy, about the same as Spank though.

Premium: In my experience, superb accuracy with good p to b match. Good fill. Overall great paint.

Draxxus custom paint: Good paint, great fill, can be average to great accuracy depending on batch. SMALL bore. Break well.

Stinger: In my experience (probably a bad batch) it is CRAP. This thing would go through a pizza box without breaking and still go. The fill is very thin, very dimpled shell. Bad accuracy. Overall BAD.
You have failed as a paintballer.
Special Ops Feedback M. Carter Brown feedback
Dirty quotes get you warned. Dang it Mike.

#3 User is offline   trevor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:revortay

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:03 PM

Contrairy to what every one on here has said I have loved the stingers i have used. Not the best but far from worse or bad or even mediocre. I found them to be a good paintball!

Tippman owners group #35

#4 User is offline   Singletrack 

• Welcome back Tree Fitty
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Singletrack

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:18 PM

I actually just bought a box of 2000 Monster Balls and we burnt through all of them in like 3-4 hours with only 2 breaks... Maybe I just got a good box with no issues but they performed well for us.

EDIT: I have used all the balls you have mentioned though and I agree with the end order. I just don't think you justified the Monsters, but once again I could have just gotten lucky with a good box

This post has been edited by Singletrack: 30 June 2008 - 07:19 PM

Official Spyder Owner #79
Death is certain, Life is not...

#5 User is offline   Ehko 

• LDS guy who had name that was a bad word..
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ehko

Post icon  Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:19 PM

View PostSingletrack, on Jun 30 2008, 08:18 PM, said:

I actually just bought a box of 2000 Monster Balls and we burnt through all of them in like 3-4 hours with only 2 breaks... Maybe I just got a good box with no issues but they performed well for us.

EDIT: I have used all the balls you have mentioned though and I agree with the end order. I just don't think you justified the Monsters, but once again I could have just gotten lucky with a good box

same here with half a box and no breaks
<insert awsome signature here>
"Yea...It's kinda like... my herpes has herpes.....wait...does that mean I have herpes sqaured!?!?"-Sean Francks
"Rehab?Rehab is for quitters and panzis!"- Sean Francks

#6 User is offline   Long Wood 

• Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BOB LONG

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

Currently happy with visible impact...currently.

#7 User is offline   Woodbender 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woodbender

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:27 PM

View PostSingletrack, on Jun 30 2008, 09:18 PM, said:

Actually, the lack of breaks is the complaint that most people have with Monsterballs. When I used to use them with my friends we never had to wipe the paint off between games. They needed to strike a hard surface before they would burst open.

Now for a little paint tip of my own. Please do not use JT paint that contains any kind of red/purple pigments. After playing my last scenario, alot of my gear has taken on a pinkish hue due to the purple fill of the field paint. The towels I use to wipe gear, a portion of my Profiler's lense and even the white writing on an HPA tank have turned pink. That is in spite of the fact that I washed everything the same day I played.

#8 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:23 PM

heres my ranking
1.marbalizers
2.rps premium
3.draxxus midnight
4.walmart stuff
5.procaps

This post has been edited by Merchant of Paint: 04 July 2008 - 08:23 PM

................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#9 User is offline   iKill 

• I Am, That I Am.
  • Pip

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:04 AM

I use white box(its the brand, not all the left overs.) @ 30 a case it shoots straight enough for me, but thats when i use the x7, when i use the phantom i put Marbs through it. I hate Impact and guy on our team uses it and I've got stains on my multicam because of that crap.

#10 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:20 AM

I've been using Wrek Elite as a practice paint. It's cheap at $32 a case, but it has a hard shell. Works too good for the price. I'm going to try some Premium, I need a decent but still semi cheap paint.
-Ty :ghillie:

#11 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

Since people keep adding to this thread instead of posting their own reviews, I'm going to close it to ensure this section is used as it is intended.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users