• You cannot reply to this topic

PAINTBALLS MAY BE TOXIC TO DOGS!

#31 User is offline   ghostwolf922 

• GHOSTWOLF
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ghostwolf_AFW

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:13 AM

Everyone here uses the term "DOG" as if they are all alike and have like digestive systems. Not true. Breeds such as Malamutes, Huskees, hybrids, wolfdogs, Samoyeds, and German Shepards have much higher enzyme and acid levels than say a poodle or a terrier. It's by design- in order to break down meat in a quick manner which in this case these breeds are much more prone to become violently ill if digesting vegetable oil based fills. It's a matter of simple chemistry if a 'dog' gets sick while eating paintballs. Some humans have acid reflux....some don't (the analogy) (HCL acid levels are different).

Just a thought...... why would my dog WANT to eat 500 paintballs and HOW would he have gotten them??????

Who needs the training???

#32 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:40 AM

The only problems I've had with my friends black lab is he ate probably 30 or 40 without us knowing, and the way we found out is he had red dog turds so he was about to take it to the vet and then I saw pieces of red shell too...Thanks Scorch :P....or Visible Impact. Lol.

#33 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

View Postghostwolf922, on Aug 23 2008, 05:13 AM, said:

Everyone here uses the term "DOG" as if they are all alike and have like digestive systems. Not true. Breeds such as Malamutes, Huskees, hybrids, wolfdogs, Samoyeds, and German Shepards have much higher enzyme and acid levels than say a poodle or a terrier. It's by design- in order to break down meat in a quick manner which in this case these breeds are much more prone to become violently ill if digesting vegetable oil based fills. It's a matter of simple chemistry if a 'dog' gets sick while eating paintballs. Some humans have acid reflux....some don't (the analogy) (HCL acid levels are different).

Just a thought...... why would my dog WANT to eat 500 paintballs and HOW would he have gotten them??????

Who needs the training???

You haven't met a lab :P

Anything that might be food gets eaten, and it's nearly impossible to find a good spot they can't get to.

<Insert Sig Here>

#34 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:58 PM

HEHE *why does my backyard have pink sploches all over it?* *HEY where are my paintballs!*
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users