• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Tasteeos

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:59 PM

Proto Pro Axis Goggles
A Review by Caissey

Attached File  Clipboard01.jpg (27.24K)
Number of downloads: 26

Just so everyone knows, this is a picture taken by yours truly so you know that I in fact bought these goggles from Proto and can give out a review that is substantial. They are the olive camouflage goggles, most websites have the image as a flat dark green. THAT IS NOT THE GOGGLE COLOR. The goggle color is shown above.

Features
  • Silicone rubber goggle strap: Designed to be able to be adjusted and fit to your head and remain there without the need for a chin strap. This was a nice feature, I tested it out running and did not get a mask that bounced or moved around.

• Compression Formed Soft Ear Pieces: This feature allows the goggle to be about 20% lighter then previous Proto goggles, which is quite nice very light mask and you can hear better. The ear pieces are also adjustable so you can position it for a lower profile, it is a bit hard to position it if you don't check out the owners manual so read okay.

• 1/4 Turn Switch Buckle: Just like the Proto Switch, the buckle remains on the Proto Pro Axis goggles so you can change your lens with ease. It makes cleaning fast and efficient.

• Tirodial Lens: Gives you the most vertical and horizontal peripheral vision which is key in paintball games so you don't have to look around too much.

• Multi-Directional Venting: I love this feature, the masks venting is pretty amazing. Air flow is just about constantly going throughout the mask so you don't end up fogging up bad in the middle of those fire fights that you need to see as best you can to take out opposing players.

• Styles
    There are currently five colored goggle styles out for the Proto Pro Axis paintball goggles. Black, Red, Olive Camoflauge (shown above in attachment), Blue, and Grey.
Each of them have the same features as the next so you don't have to worry about one style not having the same features as another one.

Thoughts
This was a short and sweet review in my opinion. Basically I just went over the features, obviously no goggle is completely fog proof. But this mask was quite nice with the amount of airflow it has. If you don't want to fog at all look up the Proto Switch Turbine Fan. Also a great item.

All and all this mask is pretty sweet. I give it an 8 out of 10.

This post has been edited by Caissey: 28 February 2009 - 09:00 PM

#2 User is offline   82ndx 

• Facta Non Verba
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:82ndx

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:02 PM

Good stuff man. It is nice to read a simple, concise, review.

#3 User is offline   Caissey 

• Mmm Tasteeos Rock
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

Thank you. :)

I wish I did a deeper review but this works. :)

#4 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

Excellent job- simple but effective review. Did you have other gogs before this? If so, how do these stack up?
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#5 User is offline   Caissey 

• Mmm Tasteeos Rock
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:01 AM

I had the Proto Switch EL's, obviously I liked the Switch. A lot of people really don't but I didn't fog up to badly with them so I thought I'd give the Pro Axis a try.

#6 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:04 PM

I own a pair of the proto Axis ( note: not the proto pro axis)
and i love them to death.
do you happen to know the major difference between the axis and the pro axis? ( other then colours)

for picture of proto axis. see left

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 01 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

#7 User is offline   Caissey 

• Mmm Tasteeos Rock
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:21 PM

The adjustable foam ear pieces and strap (no chin strap) are the big things I notice.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users