Team ForestFire
Home Field: ForestFire Paintball

#108 User is offline   Danger Dan 

• Team Desert Edge
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Danger Dan

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:26 AM

So what was the outcome of this? WHo placed where? Give me details!!!

#109 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:43 AM

Well.. I heard Blacksheep went 0-4 :(

Other than that.. no idea.. but I'm waiting too :P

Lo

#110 User is offline   El Toro Loco 

• Here comes the bull!! A man on a mission!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:El Toro loco

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:46 AM

I am not sure on points but I know the placers.

Elite:
1st: Forest Demons Elite
2nd: Forest Fire
3rd: Able Company Immortals

Masters:

1st: Foerst Demons Masters
2nd: Nemisis
3rd: Irregulators
4th: Strength and Honor

Rookie:

1st: Gange Green
2nd: Leap Frog
3rd: Forest Demon Rookies

Sportsmanship:

Blacksheep

I wish i could remember more but we didn't get home until 3 this morning and I am wiped out still.
Thanks to all the teams that were there for the great play and awesome sportsmanship that was displayed as usual.

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN, MINDS CLEAR, AND GUNS ON POINT!!!!

Here comes that crazy BULL!!!!!!!!

#111 User is offline   BUMM 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BUMM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:01 AM

We had to leave early to catch our planes, so not sure about masters or elite divisions. Rookie division looked like Gang Green and Devils Heard were going to play in the finals for 1st. I believe Forest Demons took 3rd and the rest were going to be determined on points. Leap Frog and ourselves went 1-3 and like Lo said, BlackSheep went 0-4. Wish we could have stayed around for the ceremony, but it wasn't possible.

Suicide Kings want to thank all the teams for all the kind words throughout the weekend. Showing up with 7 and getting Lil' D from the Irregulators, we knew it was going to be an uphill battle all weekend. A BIG thank you to the reffing staff and to Schloob for making this event so fun. HUGE props go to Lil' D.......you came onboard without knowing our gameplan and did everything I asked of you, you are welcome to play for us anytime.

Hope everyone got home safe and got rehydrated. It was hot for Oregon, but it was a nice weekend for us. Back to the 110's here in the desert...........(sigh).

OK, before I could hit the submit button majic had posted up. What happened to Devils Heard? They were 3-0 before we left...........what happened? Guess I'll find out soon enough.......

This post has been edited by BUMM: 30 June 2008 - 05:46 PM

#112 User is offline   Majic19 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Majic19

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:01 AM

I don't know all of the results from every game but here are the final results of the three Divisions.

Elite:
1) Forest Demons
2) Forest Fire
3) ACI

Masters:
1) Forest Demons
2) Nemesis
3) Irregulators

Rookies:
1) Gang Green
2) Suicide kings (I believe... I could be wrong on this one. So if Ia m, I apologize and maybe someone can correct me.)
3) Forest Demons

Sportsmanship:
Blacksheep (but I understand the voting was very close so that not only says a lot for Blacksheep, but for ALL the teams that were there.)

The event was awesome... (Hot and HUMID!!! but awesome). The turn out was great and the competition was excellent. A lot of fun games to watch and play all weekend long. As usual the sportsmanship was great. Thank you to all the teams we played against for the great sportsmanship and excellent competition that was demonstrated.

Thank you Jayson and staff for an outstanding and fun weekend. I hope everyone understands how much work goes into putting on an event like this and takes the time to thank Jayson and his people for the great job that they do. I know there are a lot of people doing a lot of work behind the scenes and I thank all of them for providing us with these opportunities to play and compete against each other. It's real easy to complain and nit pick about some of the little things and forget that these guys work tirelessly to give us these chances to play a game we all love.

And a Huge thanks to all the refs. It is such a thankless job and may seem at times that no matter what you do people are going to gripe. But you guys and girls worked a LOT of games with little to no rest over the two days and deserve to be acknowledged for all thew work you do and for doing a great job.

Thanks again to everyone; Jayson, staff, refs, players teams... for a great weekend.

Sincerely,

Mike
Forest Demons Masters
Mike, PI Majic
Forest Demons Masters

Visit My Website

#113 User is offline   Majic19 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:14 AM

Bumm,

You could be correct on the rookie division 2nd place. I couldn't remember who took 2nd. "Devils Heard" is not on the list of registered teams, so maybe that's why I could not remember their name. I don't believe Leap Frog took 2nd. They were the group of very young Oregon Kids playing in their first event and did a great job of holding their own with very limited fire power, but I don't believe they made into the finals.
Mike, PI Majic
Forest Demons Masters

Visit My Website

#114 User is offline   pdxp8ntballer 

• Now in certified PSP ref flavor!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:big bruno

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:00 AM

AWESOME EVENT!! thanks to everyone who came out to play this weekend, we had a blast and it was great to meet new friends and to see old friends again. Thanks to Jayson and the SPPL staff for putting on a great event and to John and all the refs at Splat Action for their fantastic job in hosting. we always love to come play at splat when we get a chance because its such a great field! the paint shot flawless for us all weekend with little to no problems. The heat was harsh and abnormally hot for us this early in the summer but looks like everyone did a good job of staying hydrated and cool(ish). The rule changes and format changes went off well with little confusion. We love the SPPL and support this format entirely! Thanks to all the teams who voted for us for the sportsmanship award we really appreciate it! congrats to all the winners and we will see you next year!!
Team Blacksheep: 2008, 2009 SPPL Oregon sportsmanship winners, 2010 Oregon masters divison first place. www.teamblacksheep-pb.com
Thanks to our awesome sponsors! www.Dangerouspower.com www.actionacrespb.com

#115 User is offline   Danger Dan 

• Team Desert Edge
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Danger Dan

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:13 AM

Can anyone tell me how Strength and Honor did in their games?

#116 User is offline   sharzilla 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:sharzilla

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:23 AM

btw for rookie, i believe Havoc took 2nd place, their name is devil herd also. also, thanks jay and all referee that worked hard to give us lot of fun, also a huge and huge thank to everybody that who voted us for sportmanship, and thank to everybody for giving us a lot of fun. i hope to see everybody again next year.

#117 User is offline   El Toro Loco 

• Here comes the bull!! A man on a mission!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:El Toro loco

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:32 AM

Bumm you were right it was indeed "Devils Herd" for second in the rookie division. I am still trying to get my head on straight after getting home just a few hurs ago.

Strength and Honor played very well. In the game against us they brought everything thing they had and earned some lifelong friends out of that game. they played the game the way it is supposed to be played. They showed why they will be a force in years to come. They ended group play with a 1-3 record and advanced to semis to play Forest Demons Masters. I know they really impressed us Irregulators a bunch with thier attitude and great sportsmanship.

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN, MINDS CLEAR, AND GUNS ON POINT!!!!

Here comes that crazy BULL!!!!!!!!

#118 User is offline   Majic19 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:39 AM

View PostDanger Dan, on Jun 30 2008, 11:13 AM, said:

Can anyone tell me how Strength and Honor did in their games?

Dan,

They were in the opposite bracket as us so I did not get to see them play very much, but they played well enough to advance to meet us in the semi finals.

They played very well against us, but fortunately for us we played them on the upper field which really played to our strengths and by the time we got to the semi's we were really rolling. We were able to get an early lead which made it tough for them because we had them on their heals a bit. Sorry I can't give you any more info, but that was the only time I got to see them play. They played well against us and obviously well enough to get to semi finals but that is about all I can tell you. They ended up taking 4th in the Masters.
Mike, PI Majic
Forest Demons Masters

Visit My Website

#119 User is offline   pdxp8ntballer 

• Now in certified PSP ref flavor!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:big bruno

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:57 PM

View PostLomarandil, on Jun 30 2008, 08:43 AM, said:

Well.. I heard Blacksheep went 0-4 :P

Other than that.. no idea.. but I'm waiting too :P

Lo

yeah we went 0-4 but we still had a blast out there and will be back for more in '09!! :P
Team Blacksheep: 2008, 2009 SPPL Oregon sportsmanship winners, 2010 Oregon masters divison first place. www.teamblacksheep-pb.com
Thanks to our awesome sponsors! www.Dangerouspower.com www.actionacrespb.com

#120 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:02 PM

Yes indeed, the elusive 2nd place Rookie team was Devil's Herd. Strength & Honor played extremely well and, when it came down to it, the placing for 3rd and 4th in the Masters division was determined by the fact that we won our game against them and had a total of 31 combined points more than they did.

To Nemesis, I can't wait to play you guys again. The last time we played against you in the 2006 Finals, we won by 3 points. This year, we lost by 15, an objective and 5 points. I can't think of any team we're more evenly matched with.

And a huge thank you to MacDev. With all of us shooting Droids and Cyborgs, it was nice to finally be able to play without having to worry about if our guns were going to work and shoot straight. Although, I'm not sure if my wallet can keep up with the half-case a game paint costs, lol! Also, thank you Kingman for the Fasta loaders. The only one we had any trouble with was one with a loose battery terminal which we were able to fix in the dead-box with a screwdriver.

As far as the rule changes this year, they worked great. I'm sure we'll find a few things to fine-tune for next year including sticking with the rulebook and playing 30-minute halves, but all-in-all, the best rule set we've played with so far. Hopefully for next year, the SPPL will be able to afford to bring quality refs to Oregon so that the head refs aren't the only ones who have a clue about the rules of the game. The 14-16 year old field refs situation just isn't working, especially when they're playing football with the used rockets during a firefight.

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users