• You cannot reply to this topic

Valken V-Cam V-Tac Zulu Pants

#1 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Meline

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Valken V-Cam V-Tac Zulu Pants
So Valken’s V-Cam is their version of Cye’s Multicam and the V-Tac series is Valken’s High End line of Scenario Pants.
First off, how close to Multicam are these? Below you have TRU licensed Multicam pants on the Left and Valken’s on the Right. They look VERY close but Valken’s have tiny black “V-Cam” logos inserted in to the pattern.
Posted Image
Here is TRU, Valken, and Animal PB multicam
Posted Image

Let’s get on to the review… I have owned these pants for almost a year now and so far no rip, tears, or blown seams which is a good thing. Let’s start at the top and work down.

These pants have 4 belt loops; a zip and button fly with a Velcro tap as well. The hip pads are about 3” wide and extend down low enough to provide good protection. One of the things I really like about these pants is the web belt pull tabs located on each hip. The pull tabs are have Velcro and are anchored with elastic which give a good fit but still allow so flexibility. The fly has some padding but it is minimal compared to other pants like Dye or PE. The front pockets are about as deep as those in Levis pants and have zippers to keep your stuff in your pockets. There are two back pockets and a stretch panel.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The knees and shins have good padding with a stretch panel over the knees. The back of the legs have ventilation panels that after a year of use are showing some pulling but nothing to serious. The ankles have draw strings but I’ve never used them.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Time for the summary and like always I don’t give out As unless they are earned.

Comfort: B+, the stretch panels and the 2” web pull tabs with elastic make these pants feel good to play in, they move with you. The vent mesh on the back of the legs is nice as well.
Quality: B, these pants have held up nicely.
Padding A or C-, If you compare these to BDU/ACUs (even with the knee pads added to the ACU) these pads get an A. They are vastly superior. The knee and shin pads have enough padding and yet are designed to flex enough that they don’t get in the way that knee pads in ACUs do. The hip pads are nice as well. IF you are comparing these to traditional PB Speedball pants C-, the fly padding is minimal and doesn’t offer as much protection as other brands of pants.
Price: B-, At $124 these pants are pricey but not nearly as bad as Dye or PE pants that I have compared them to.
Overall: These are true paintball pants and offer all the design features as such. About the only difference between these pants and everything else out in the tourney world are these are camo. These pants have proven to hold up and perform well. I wear them playing speedball and scenario. They are just as good as JT and Empire pants, a less than Dye and PE (because of the fly padding), and light years ahead of my TRU multicam pants. Overall I would recommend these pants.
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users