• You cannot reply to this topic

ninja tank help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   EmperorNikko 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:EmperorNikko

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:42 AM

I bought a 13ci 3000 psi ninja tank. I used it only ounce out of the box and it can only get my gun to a maximum of 230-240fps. It says these tanks are already preset to high pressure but i totally doubt im anywhere near high pressure. Should i take it apart and mess with the reg some? or what?

#2 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:02 PM

What marker are you using? I had the same problem with my A-5, but with a Pure Energy Air Tank or any other tank. I couldn't get it above 250...but I just got a Ninja tank today. Its amazing :laugh:

#3 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Millslane

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:24 PM

I wouldn't say its the Ninja tank just yet. Ninja tests out each reg before they ship out with a leak and pressure test. I know, I've seen them do it since I'm local to their shop in IL.

There's a better chance its your marker and setup. You can adjust the Ninja regs. There are instructional videos on Ninjas site and on youtube. Did your tank come with 2-3 extra metal washers?

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

Is this on your phantom? They are not big fans of HPA. You may need a spring kit to get yourself up to speed. Phantoms are built for CO2, which puts out a bit more PSI at room temp then HPA. Invest in a spring kit, throw the red one in for the mainspring and try agian.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#5 User is offline   EmperorNikko 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:38 PM

View PostMillslane, on Oct 17 2009, 04:24 PM, said:

I wouldn't say its the Ninja tank just yet. Ninja tests out each reg before they ship out with a leak and pressure test. I know, I've seen them do it since I'm local to their shop in IL.

There's a better chance its your marker and setup. You can adjust the Ninja regs. There are instructional videos on Ninjas site and on youtube. Did your tank come with 2-3 extra metal washers?

Nope when i bought the tank it was just the tank and a sticker no extra washers.

Is this on your phantom? They are not big fans of HPA. You may need a spring kit to get yourself up to speed. Phantoms are built for CO2, which puts out a bit more PSI at room temp then HPA. Invest in a spring kit, throw the red one in for the mainspring and try agian.

No my marker is the new sl-68 II. What confuses me is that when i hooked up my high pressure crossfire tank it worked just fine 280 fps constint. but with the ninja only 230-240.

#6 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

If I were you, I'd try giving ninja a call if you can't get it figured out.

#7 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Millslane

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:22 AM

It's possible that the Ninja tank was set to low then. Can you try another HPA tank on the marker so see if its just HPA or if its the specific tank? Many Tippmanns have low FPS issues when using HPA, it's always been that way.

If it is the tank, Ray from Ninja will do you right, he's a awesome guy.

#8 User is offline   EmperorNikko 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

View PostMillslane, on Oct 18 2009, 08:22 AM, said:

It's possible that the Ninja tank was set to low then. Can you try another HPA tank on the marker so see if its just HPA or if its the specific tank? Many Tippmanns have low FPS issues when using HPA, it's always been that way.

If it is the tank, Ray from Ninja will do you right, he's a awesome guy.

Its for sure the tank. When i put in my crossfire tank it shoots fine. Ill call up ninja on Monday.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users