Special Ops Paintball: Official Military Service Q&A Thread - Special Ops Paintball

• (69 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Military Service Q&A Thread All Military Questions Here! Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:19 PM

View PostThe Shepherd, on Nov 11 2007, 07:16 PM, said:

Anyone here from SOCOM? I was wondering what the pay rate is. And is it mostly boredom and training or do you guys go on missions more often then not?

I have no idea. I would assume it is like the Marine where you get paid depending on certain things. For example, in the Marines, you would get a bonus for being married or being overseas.

#17 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Meline

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:54 AM

I'll help answer questions as well.

Back ground-
4 years Regular Army (RA), Germany, Saudi (twice), Ft. Lewis, Ft. Bliss, Ft. Lenardwood. Rank E1 to E4 (P) {passed board & PLDC waiting on points}
8 years National Guard (NG), Wyoming, Iraq. Rank E4 to E6, passed BNCOC {waiting on the EPS second in the State :) }

Shepard- Not in SOCOM but Pay rate is whatever grade you are, Plus extra if you maintain Jump status, Plus other entittlements if you qualify (seprate rats, BAQ, BHA, etc, etc). When deployed haz duty pay plus tax free.

Teddy K- In the Army, don't expect to see a pay check until after your first month in. So that first month you are on your own, expect to pay for your hair cuts in basic. Don't worry though you won't have enough free time to have to worry about buying other stuff.

Submiller- Look in to teh Loan repayment program. It actually pays more than the college fund. Second if you have a degree consider OCS or the "Green to Gold" program. As for SF, in order to go to selection you must be an E5 or E4(p). Once you make it through that your options open up. As for running; the Army is like any other job while in garrison. You show up, do your duty day, and then go home. If you want to run 2 hours as soon as final formation is over your time is your own.

This post has been edited by Meline: 12 November 2007 - 08:55 AM

CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#18 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:44 AM

General Tips on How to Suceed in the Army....

Rank E1-E4-
These ranks are the "give me ranks" as you can do nothing and as long as you don't get yourself flagged for a PT, Hight/weight failure or an article 15 you will get promoted.

Ways to excell-
1. PT, the better you do the better off you are.
2. Weapons qual. Keep your eyes and ears open for weapons classes and volunteer for as many as you can.
3. Corespondance courses- Goto https://www.aimsrdl....ed/accp_top.htm and start taking them they are worth promotion points.
4. Combat Lifesaver Course- Good to have and worth points.
5. Soldier of the month boards. Shows you want to excell and good experience for the E5 board.
6. Seek extra responcablities
7. Once you get the hang of what is going on (E3-E4) start taking charge. You know what needs to be done, take charge on your own and get the guys moving to get it done before you have to be told.
8. Univerisity of Pheonix college classes if you have time.

Rank E4(p) and above.
This is where things get harder. In order to move up you are competing for points against everyone else in teh Army who is in that MOS.

Ways to excell-
1. PT, you need to max or score a 290+ for an excell on your NCOER.
2. Corespondance courses again, 80+ credit hours will usually give you an excell on your NCOER.
3. Performance and Event Counseling statements. If you do something above and beyond or really good make sure you get it documented.
4. MAKE SURE your 4100 and NCOER reflects your points and YOU. If your NCOER sucks talk to your rater or Senior rater!! Your NCOER reflects you, you can be teh highest speed soldier alive but if your NCOER sucks that is what people see and you'll loose points. Remember the bullet comments on your NCOER have to be supportable, so if you did things that aren't documented they don't count. So have documentation.
5. Lead by Example!! Always!! No if, ands, or buts. Your troops will fallow your example so make damn sure its a good example.
6. Leadership advice- Never make threats you are not willing to carry out. Never play favorites. Look out for your troops and they will look out for you. Never slack on counselling your guys or puttng them in for awards.
7. Sergeant’s Time/ Opportunity training- Plan for it in advance. This is your time, make the most of it. Don't make your guys suffer "Busy work" baecause you didn't plan for down time.
8. NCO boards.

Hope that helps little...
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#19 User is offline   SubMiler 

• Pistolero
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:57 AM

View PostMeline, on Nov 12 2007, 10:44 AM, said:

Hight/weight failure

What if you're 6'2 and 138lbs?

#20 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:04 AM

then you want some meat on those bones...
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#21 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:08 AM

View PostSubMiler, on Nov 12 2007, 10:57 AM, said:

View PostMeline, on Nov 12 2007, 10:44 AM, said:

Hight/weight failure

What if you're 6'2 and 138lbs?

Wow.

Gain 50 lbs.

Peace,
Teddy K

#22 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:12 AM

http://usmilitary.ab...lmaleweight.htm

74" min weight is 148. Hit the gym, and backpack; but don't worry as long as your under the max people usually don't care as long as you can hold your own.

Hell when I joined I was 68" @120 so I was under the min as well. After the first PT test and road march (I can ruck march people in to the ground) they never said anything to me other than "Meline, you got the tripod/radio/or are AG {spare barrel and extra ammo(back in the old M-60 days)}".
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#23 User is offline   commando kyle 

• Feel free to salute at any time.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Commando_Kyle

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:16 AM

You are lucky. Im 6'5", 230 pounds. They want me weighing in at 215. Ive got work to do still.
OIF '08 OEF '09-'10
Camo Bandits-"By Force and Valor"

#24 User is offline   O'C 

• Machineguns!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:O'C

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:23 AM

View PostTeddy K, on Nov 11 2007, 06:42 PM, said:

This is for airforce and marines.

How long until you get paid from the time you enter bootcamp.

Is it right when you finish, is it right when you come in, is it when you get established with a job?

Just curious to know...I was considering either Marines or USAF and to be brutally honest I wanna know when any sort of cash flow would start.

Peace,
Teddy K

Well in the Corps... when you go to Boot Camp... youll open up a bank account with them. And youll get payed the day you start as E-1 (Private). The money will go into your account.

This post has been edited by O'C: 12 November 2007 - 11:24 AM

#25 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:24 AM

Kyle- Can you pass Tape easily? Its best to be under the Max Ht/Wt but for some people that is impossible, if you're on eof those guys your only option is to pass teh tape test. I must warn you teh tape test is EXTREMELY subjective so if go that route make sure you can pass tape with room to spare as it will bite you in the behind.
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#26 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:07 PM

What would you guys recommend which branch I go into? (I wear glasses, but have contacts btw)

Oh and is it true that Air Force physical requirements are easier?
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#27 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:18 PM

yes the airforce is easier physically by their standards. contacts and glasses should have no effect on which branch you choose.

i haven't been in anything but the Marines, so I can't really tell you what they all offer, except the Marines. Whatever branch you choose should be because they have what YOU are looking for. Don't listen to what people tell you to join. Don't worry about physical requirements either. If you don't meet them now, bootcamp will help you meet them.

#28 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:23 PM

In the air force what are requirments to actually become a pilot or get into an officer training program.

Can you just get into an officer/pilot program and you just can be in it till you graduate/drop out or do you have to get some sort of commendation to get into those programs.

Peace,
Teddy K

#29 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace-014

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:45 PM

Hey guys I'm considering going into the National Guard Active before and after college. So I was wondering what kind of benifits it can give me to help with college before, and how it will work for me as a career after college.
Official SpecOps FC

#30 User is offline   O'C 

• Machineguns!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:O'C

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:18 PM

View PostTeddy K, on Nov 12 2007, 08:23 PM, said:

In the air force what are requirments to actually become a pilot or get into an officer training program.

Can you just get into an officer/pilot program and you just can be in it till you graduate/drop out or do you have to get some sort of commendation to get into those programs.

Peace,
Teddy K

One you have to be an officer... in which case you have to go to a 4 year college. And two I think you have to above the rank of Lieutenant. Theres alot of qualifying tests you have to go through. So check out usmilitary.about.com for more info.

Training. The following training is mandatory as indicated:

For entry into this specialty, completion of Air Force Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training (SUPT).

For award of AFSC 11F3X, completion of transition and operational training in the suffix specific aircraft.

Experience. For upgrade to AFSCs 11F3X, unit commander determines proficiency based on performance, experience, and completion of minimum training requirements.

Other. The following are mandatory as indicated:

For award and retention of this AFSC, current aeronautical rating and qualification for aviation service as pilot. For award of AFSC 11F3X, certification of aircraft commander qualification by appropriate operations authority.

View PostAce-014, on Nov 12 2007, 08:45 PM, said:

Hey guys I'm considering going into the National Guard Active before and after college. So I was wondering what kind of benifits it can give me to help with college before, and how it will work for me as a career after college.
Any military branch will give you money for college. Its just called the GI Bill. Unless you want to become an officer where you get your degree and become an officer, which is higher pay, and more "respect".

Share this topic:

• (69 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users