• You cannot reply to this topic

Dangerous power ideas

#91 User is offline   heisman01 

• "the appraiser"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:heisman01

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:15 AM

anyone having problems with there DP guns can PM me and ill tell you how to fix them

#92 User is offline   Small Block 

• Old username= sbcs1085
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:37 PM

View PostxX_jXx, on Aug 17 2008, 02:56 PM, said:

I have had two problems with mine so far. First I break paint like crazy. I'm thinking that it's the bore size of the stock barrel being so big and the paint at my field being so small. Also I use My F8 all day at the field and it works like a dream but the second I get home and go to turn it on it won't turn on. This has happened twice and each time I tried changing the battery and the problem wasn't fixed until I simply unscrewed the grip frame, did nothing at all, then screwed it back in. Any ideas?

Man I'll tell ya what. I've been raving about how great my F8 is and then it really bit me in the butt the other weekend. Since I've gotten it I've been using an ACP bolt. Now I've had problems with the bolt sticking forward three diffrent times (Machined slighty larger, enough to stick in the hot weather will the swelling) so when I had issues the other weekend I switched the stock bolt back in. Boy did I ever have problems after that.

I was breaking so much paint it wasn't even funny. The only thing I changed was the bolt. Before this I had no problems ever! I've never had a problem with any paint at the field we were at.

Most were shooting with a .687 insert, I went up two sizes thinking it would help. NOPE! I finally gave up and went to the largest insert I had. Still no good, I was definately breaking the paint in the breech.

I finally gave up and said I guess it's not my weekend. I was just moving around the field alittle bit harassing people, I sure couldn't shoot'em. Then finally, it stopped working all together. Now I was determined to do something so this wouldn't ruin my day. Off the field again...

switching batteries again, 3 of them. I cleaned the eyes off for the 3rd time (yes they were working & yes they were on), they were working. The damn marker wouldn't shoot, not even a click from the noid (even with the eyes turned off). I threw the marker in my gear bag and grabbed my Blazer out. I had a great game after that!

Now I get home, pull the F8 back out of the gear bag, I don't even clean it yet. Turn it on, and the friggin thing shoots? What the hell? Did the gremlins fall out of the thing on the ride home or what?

I've since pulled everything apart (inclucding the noid) and lubed it all back up and did some serious cleaing out. Now I think my problem was the paint rolling back in the breech with the stock botl. The ACP bolt didn't allow that to happen. To keep from having a problem with the ACP bolt sticking forward I bought a Violent Bolt from Warped Sports and I'm going to give that a try. I really think the bolt was my whole problem.

Sorry for the rambling, I'm still alittle PERTURBED off about the whoole thing. I chopped like a friggin case that weekend.

#93 User is offline   heisman01 

• "the appraiser"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:heisman01

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

the violent bolt is very good its what i used with the enigram

#94 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:22 PM

Yay! Ape board coming for the F8/threshold.

All I know about it (atleast the F8, I'm sure the threshold will be the same)
Its coming soon, no idea actual release
Will use a microswitch
Will be $85

Was going to get the virtue, but for $85, I'll get the ape (yes I know about the seventh element boards, but I prefer a microswitch, and I know nothing about seventh element).

This post has been edited by d4rkmonkey: 02 September 2008 - 05:23 PM

Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users