• You cannot reply to this topic

New commander I'm starting a team and need some advice Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   iromano 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Special Ops Assassin

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

I'm starting a team and im gonna need some advice on how many people should there be? i know all the positions and all. I know that im a commander for sure. but how many people should be in each of the positions? thanks and comment back. :dodgy:

#2 User is offline   Sasquatch X7 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

ok ive been a commander/medium rifleman for close to a year. wat ive found in teams is dont look for personalities that mix well. the last thing you need is your sniper and your gunner duking it outon the feild "true story". make sure ur team can get along well that way you ALL have more fun.

and really i dont think it matters to much on pisitions. at the moment my team is made up of me 4 "sabres" and a sniper who in some games can also act as our gunner

sorry i didnt mean dont look for personalities that go well i meant look for personalities that go well...

lol

#3 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

For your team you can use all the players you can get. Just make sure they are willing to follow orders, are willing to go paintballing often, and are willing to learn.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   andrew sarles 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:spyderstomper

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:15 AM

View Postiromano, on Aug 4 2008, 04:34 PM, said:

I'm starting a team and im gonna need some advice on how many people should there be? i know all the positions and all. I know that im a commander for sure. but how many people should be in each of the positions? thanks and comment back. ;)

where abouts are you starting a team?an army can never over populate!
LAST RITES BRIGADE! R.I.P.
ALWAYS TAKE OUT THE SUPERIOR THREAT FIRST!
ALWAYS PLAY FAIR!
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE OPPOSITION!
REMEMBER IT'S A GAME!

#5 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:44 PM

The only position you should limit is snipers..... There's no reason to have a team full of snipers...

This post has been edited by Knightwolf16: 13 August 2008 - 02:47 PM

"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#6 User is offline   The Bear 

• The Bear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Bear

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:51 PM

With my team we just got a few friends together and started playing. People fell into the positions as they found their strengths and needs of the team, and as of now we have me, a commanding saber, a dagger, and a saber/broadsword/sniper/dagger depending on the needs and strategy. Also, don't expect everyone to necessarily stay in a position for good. People will switch around as they find where they play well and where they have the most fun, and also things may have to change as the needs of the team change depending on strategy and who shows up to play. So as for a number of people to have on a team, there is no good number. The more the merrier, if you get to many just form 2 units under the same team name. They can go to events individually or play in big games as a larger unit. As long as the positions required for the strategy are covered and everyone is having a good time, then all is well. You will find probably that you will have a few "core" players who are always there and ready to go, and who will probably fall into fairly permanent positions. Then there will be the rest of the team that comes and goes and changes around. You may want to keep the core players as the tournament team and the full team as open play and big game team.

Bear
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Darkwind 

• "Onward to Victory"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Darkwind

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:48 PM

View PostThe Bear, on Aug 13 2008, 06:51 PM, said:

With my team we just got a few friends together and started playing. People fell into the positions as they found their strengths and needs of the team, and as of now we have me, a commanding saber, a dagger, and a saber/broadsword/sniper/dagger depending on the needs and strategy. Also, don't expect everyone to necessarily stay in a position for good. People will switch around as they find where they play well and where they have the most fun, and also things may have to change as the needs of the team change depending on strategy and who shows up to play. So as for a number of people to have on a team, there is no good number. The more the merrier, if you get to many just form 2 units under the same team name. They can go to events individually or play in big games as a larger unit. As long as the positions required for the strategy are covered and everyone is having a good time, then all is well. You will find probably that you will have a few "core" players who are always there and ready to go, and who will probably fall into fairly permanent positions. Then there will be the rest of the team that comes and goes and changes around. You may want to keep the core players as the tournament team and the full team as open play and big game team.

Bear

I like what he had to say. I was going to post something similar, but my experience.

Knightwolf16 said:

The only position you should limit is snipers..... There's no reason to have a team full of snipers...

Designated marksman, and buddy. But those are only needed in scenario/big-game situations, on small fields they should be your hard flankers and advancing your line

-Darkwind

#8 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:28 PM

Positions are overrated and mold the way people play in good and bad ways. I'm not bashing, I like the idea a lot. I think of the positions as a way to describe how people play almost, their playing style. I still call myself by positions but I find that I play all of them in the same game. What am I then a commadabreswordammerambusher?
-Ty

#9 User is offline   deathcon 1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:joker12

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:36 AM

the number of people you have on your team depends on how and where you play.
IF TIS WHORTH DOING ITS WHORTH OVER-DOING.
AS A GREAT PAINTBALLER ONCE SAID: LEAD,FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users