Special Ops Paintball: More realistic urban battle ground - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

More realistic urban battle ground a better urban field Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:35 AM

We've all played in an urban setting at some point. Either in a warehouse district or at a MOUNT facility on a military base that's willing to hold and sponcor such an event or we've been to the elite weekend and other places with a city setting to play in. I was thinking, because it's the same concept of perfect buildings it's so "Leave it to Bever" feel. I think this is all good and everything but I just wanna play in an urban setting that reflects a more realistic urban combat zone. I want to see destroied buildings were only a wall or two are left standing, destroied cars, maybe a downed chopper just for the fun of it. For instance it could be based on the midle east war zone from MGS4.

Look at it this way as scanario players, our markers are looking as close to the real thing more than ever now. Isn't it about time our fields reflect what we want to see in the areas we play inas far as a more realistic battle scared town for the ultamite adrenalin rush in paintball.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#2 User is offline   Spektre 

• Forum Stalker
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPEKTRE

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:13 AM

I completely agree with you on this, BIGBOSS. A realistically torn down and dilapidated urban area is the ultimate place to play for most all players, I'm sure, but the logistics of finding or creating such an environment are more than is often available or even plausible. It would be awe inspiring to play in the set of Saving Private Ryan, but the likely hood of such a place being available for paintball use is nil until some entertainment company decides they can make a ton of money out of it (which would likely result in a rich kid without skill or love for the sport fan base). So if you can find some abandoned and half torn down factory to play in with the consent of the owner, take some pics. I would like to live vicariously through you. The unfortunate truth, however, is that most people simply will not be able to experience such a thing.
SPEKTRE, Recon Element
Grim Reapers Paintball

#3 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:41 AM

Just give it time. My company is planning something quite similar...

#4 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

It's good to see that others have the same feelings about this field concept. You play the same urban fields till it gets predictable. I'd beleive that as milsim players that our fields should in some cases reflect our game.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#5 User is offline   Spektre 

• Forum Stalker
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPEKTRE

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:07 AM

View PostKa1iBuR, on Mar 16 2009, 12:41 PM, said:

Really? That's intriguing... What is your company? What plans do you have?

View PostBIGBOSS_202, on Mar 16 2009, 12:48 PM, said:

It's good to see that others have the same feelings about this field concept. You play the same urban fields till it gets predictable. I'd beleive that as milsim players that our fields should in some cases reflect our game.

Indeed. I completely agree with you on this matter. In addition to growing the community and increasing availability of good matches/meets, I think this is one of the most crucial issues in Woodsball/Scenarioball. Sure it works to play in the woods with some OSB mock-ups, but for such a growing communal sport with the level of dedication and devotion shown by many participants, there should be a way to create the right environment - an environment fit to exact specification.
SPEKTRE, Recon Element
Grim Reapers Paintball

#6 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

The biggest issue with a "decimated city" field is safety. Cars are fairly easy to deal with: remove glass, engine and all fluids, do not use crushed cars with anything sticking out and ensure car doors do not open. Planes, helicopters and boats would follow similarly.

Buildings.... Structural integrity is a HUGE deal.
Posted Image
Yeah that looks cools but would it be safe(assuming you could find an actual location like that)? Probably not. You could build it from scratch and re-enforce it with rebar but at what cost? Finding a property with a town on it? Possible but expensive (and usually way out of the way) and again destroying buildings to get the look... are those 2 walls going to stand up to the next big wind, snow, earthquake, whatever? Will it collapse if I slam into the wall for cover?

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of such a field. I just don't see it as practical and doable.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#7 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:48 PM

View PostSpektre, on Mar 16 2009, 01:07 PM, said:

View PostKa1iBuR, on Mar 16 2009, 12:41 PM, said:

Really? That's intriguing... What is your company? What plans do you have?

Anger Management Paintball (AMP). Let's just say so far that we're in planning of an October "Fright Fest", an event that will effectively combine the horror genre with intense paintball and make most players feel like they went to Hell, but you didn't hear it from us. I didn't want to say that much. But just a bit to leave you guessing...

#8 User is offline   wico90 

• Wico90
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WICO90/SNIPER90

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:41 AM

CPX paintball in Joliet Illinois has a great urban field with destroyed buildings cars and such.

Armegeddon

#9 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

Wico beat me to the punch- but that is an outstanding field and sports complex, and the urban field is one of the best I have seen at a commercial site. CPX is a great place to play.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#10 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

Have you thought about visiting Detroit?
Who flung poo?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users