• This topic is locked

Pistol conversion

#1 User is offline   Huntsman 

• Huntsman
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Huntsman 227

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:36 PM

This is a freaking awesome mod! simple to build too.
Any ideas as to how it could be made better??
Pic too big to upload so here's the link: http://i89.photobuck...00/DSC02758.jpg
Could make a great scenario weapon / talking piece on the field
Time is a waste of life, life is a waste of time, so lets get wasted and have he time of our lives.|92% of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If you are of the 8% that would be laughin your butt off, put this in your sig| 9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to metal, put this in your sig.

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:02 AM

View PostHuntsman, on 28 July 2010 - 08:36 PM, said:

Pic too big to upload so here's the link: http://i89.photobuck...00/DSC02758.jpg
Could make a great scenario weapon / talking piece on the field

that is not simple ot build, not in the slightest. Nor is it cheap. That is a nasty squallicane in a pirate stock. There are maybe 2 of those in existance. It is semi auto, 12 gram powered. Great markers. But not something you would use a lot. They are VERY heavy for their size, due to wood stock and all brass build. Also don't get the best effeciency.

If you were to price that at PPS it would be over $1200 to get built. No lie. They are gorgeous pieces of craftsmanship. But not for everybody. Most would never want to spend that on a marker, never mind a pistol.
And reloading them is a PITA, due to the feedplug

This post has been edited by Legato: 29 July 2010 - 03:03 AM

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   Kyrian Hunter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

Or you could modify a Sheridan PGP. Looks like what the original designer used as the base. It would just need a cocking handle on the side to replace the under-barrel pump. Although finding a PGP would probably be the hardest part.

#4 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:02 PM

There are so many nice things to buy and so little money :( lol it's like me looking for a winchester phantom (lever-action)...it's been done, but with difficulty and money.

#5 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:23 PM

View PostKyrian Hunter, on 31 October 2010 - 06:09 PM, said:

Or you could modify a Sheridan PGP. Looks like what the original designer used as the base. It would just need a cocking handle on the side to replace the under-barrel pump. Although finding a PGP would probably be the hardest part.

That is a scratch built PPS marker. A PGP is much much shorter and not a great candidate to make a Nasty out of. Finding PGPs is actually really easy, just gotta know where to look. THere are many out there. I have a PPS Short N Nasty, which is like a dual barreled PGP only scratch built by PPS, with their tweaks already in it. Gets very low effeciency, 10 shots to a 12 gram.

View Postcdrinkh20, on 01 November 2010 - 12:02 AM, said:

There are so many nice things to buy and so little money :( lol it's like me looking for a winchester phantom (lever-action)...it's been done, but with difficulty and money.

It is far easier to lever action a sheridan then a nelson. Wait for the Sergison Lever frames to come out. Then it will be easy making any sheridan into a lever action. Just add frame and attach pump rod to bolt. Done
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#6 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:08 AM

View PostHuntsman, on 28 July 2010 - 06:36 PM, said:

LOL.

No, no it's not. That a $2000, one-of-a-kind (One of only 5, IIRC, similar ones ever made), scratch built, handcrafted Palmers piece. That's got as much in common with most guns as a coachbuilt Rolls-Royce does with your Honda.

#7 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:20 AM

View PostLegato, on 02 November 2010 - 12:23 AM, said:

View PostKyrian Hunter, on 31 October 2010 - 06:09 PM, said:

That is a scratch built PPS marker. A PGP is much much shorter and not a great candidate to make a Nasty out of. Finding PGPs is actually really easy, just gotta know where to look. THere are many out there. I have a PPS Short N Nasty, which is like a dual barreled PGP only scratch built by PPS, with their tweaks already in it. Gets very low effeciency, 10 shots to a 12 gram.

View Postcdrinkh20, on 01 November 2010 - 12:02 AM, said:

It is far easier to lever action a sheridan then a nelson. Wait for the Sergison Lever frames to come out. Then it will be easy making any sheridan into a lever action. Just add frame and attach pump rod to bolt. Done

Damn, I'll have to look into Sheridans when they do :P got a link to where he's working on these? And is he doing just regular frames or stuff like that Winchester Phantom (built into wood stock). I saw one marker (can't remember where/what) that had lever on small frame it looked cool but I'd prefer the "old-school" look.

EDIT: Did you mean like this?

Posted Image

Maybe he could do up a winchester style if I had money :P

Another cool one (not his I think)

Posted Image

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 02 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

#8 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:07 PM

Yep the top one is the Sergison frame he is building. No idea on when they will be ready or how much they will run. Only for brass sheridan markers or PPS markers. It replaces the gripframe with the K frame, which are sooooooo comfy to hold. An aluminum K frame runs $125-150. THe brass is $225-250. So add a lever to it and it won't be cheap. I lub my K frame. XD

Lever action wooden stocked markers are done on MCB, but i don't think any airsmiths are taking more work. Occasionally you can see a KL for sale, but they go fast and costs +$1000. So you gottta be quick and snag it fast. The Noxx lever actions and Scarecrow ones are still in the proccess of building, which is kinda limbo for most people. Occasional updates and such but no firm dates. I know they will all be produced, just a matter of when

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users