Special Ops Paintball: Battle of the Mag Feds! - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Battle of the Mag Feds! T9 vs T9.1 vs T4 vs RAP4 T68 Gen6 Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Battle of the Mag Feds (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Which One?

1. T9 FS - don't buy anything else and just use this! (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. T9.1 (6 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

3. T4 (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. T68 (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   alfabob 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:21 PM

Hi everyone,

Like most folks here, I've a big interest in magfed markers.I currently own FS capable Tac8 and Tac9 and found them to be adequate for as sidearms and long range sniping with the FS rounds. For close quarters, unless the hoppers on the T9, the 8 round magazines limits play quite extensively, never mind the 12g cartridges. So I'm kinda looking at getting another mag fed...

We've just had available locally the T9.1 and the RAP4 T68s. The 9.1s great because of the gas thru tank and of course FS capable, but again, for pure mag fed games, the 8 round mags a paint. The T68 Gen 6 looks bad ass, has 18 round mags and not only that, retails way much cheaper than the T9.1. The mags too are much cheaper.

The T4 I put into the mix just to see whether its worth the huge price tag.

So... should I upgrade my T9? Is the upgrade to a T9.1 worthed it? Or would the T68 be a better choice? I love to snipe with the FS., but I also would like something that can enable me to last enggagements at closer range and with adequate air supply.b

#2 User is offline   Stuffy 

• Selling to fund E30.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STUFFY

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

Buy an ATS gun. They're fully mech, have a safe/semi/full auto selector switch and can be mag feed. 25 in each mag. However they may be out of your price range. They are worth it though...
Mags can be bought used much cheaper too.

This post has been edited by Stuffy: 03 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

Real men shoot Sheridans.-Marauder_Pilot And the girls arez the devils.-Toki Wartooth

#3 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:51 AM

Don't go with the rap. Please don't buy that...crap.

Personally, I want a T9.1 because of that air in stock and it can be fs ready out of the box.

The t4. IMO, I think it's dumb. Why not just get a t9.1 for so much cheaper. And that big mag on the t4. What were they thinking!!! How are you supposed to shoot while in prone with that thing!?!

#4 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

• Squad Marksman
  • PipPip

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

Tiberius Arms T4*:
Doesn't anyone know that you can buy 10rd mags for the T4 for a while now.... Its also quite easy to cut them down from what I've heard. The T4 is arguably the best milsim gun out there and easy to customize with real steel parts + accessories. First Strike ready out of the box. The only problem with the T4s is that they are apparently horrible with regular paint so stick with First Strike. Goes from magfed to hopperfed with the pull of the charging handle. 12 gram or remote line.

Milsig K-Series + M-Series:
For regular paint your best bet is a Milsig. Only regular paint. 18 round magazines. Very customizable. A5/X7 threaded. Can accept quite a few A5/X7 accesories with little to no modding. A5 internals. Reliable (as long as the magwell is set up correctly). Can be hopperfed (but not easily changed between hopperfeed and magfeed IE You cannot do it on the field). On-gun air or remote line.

Tiberius Arms T9/T9.1*:
For First Strike just go with the T9.1 (or a T9 with a conversion kit). A regular T9 can only shoot regular paint without a conversion kit but the new T9.1 is First Strike ready out of the box (and can also shoot regular paint). There are slight differances between the T9 and the T9.1 such as they use different barrel threads. Hopperfed or magfed with the twist of the barrel. 12 gram, remote line, OR 13ci tank in the stock.

Pistols:
For magfed pistols the T8/T8.1* definitely take the cake in my books but there is also the TPX.

RAP4:
Ive heard too many horror stories to count...But I guess if you find one for cheap, A marker is a marker....

*Note: The Tiberius Arms markers are very consistent once the regulator is broken in BUT rapid firing will cause inconsistency. As general rule, for the best consistency take 3 seconds between shots. 2 quick shots usually doesn't affect it that much either.

This post has been edited by Wh0pp3r: 04 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

-Vinny
T9 Longbow

#5 User is offline   coveringfire 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

if you can afford an ats there really nice. i change my vote from t9.1 to stick to the t9. I didnt see you already owned in until after :S. also if your feeling a bit restricted by the 8 balls try the longbow for the t9. another thing you could look at getting is a q-loader unless your really mag only.
Stalking since '06, Postin since '09, Playin since '04. Feedback
At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained the antidote.

#6 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

Wh0pper. What is honestly so good about the t4? The t9.1 has just as many if not more perks, right? And it is wayyyy cheaper.

#7 User is offline   slingshotted 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

Would the new BT SA-17 fall under this catagory of mag fed as well? And could i get an opinon on this compared to other mag fed pistols? I know about the T8 and play with one, but im on a serious budget and I cannot afford to get more mags with it.

#8 User is offline   alfabob 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:51 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies!! Keep em coming, your comments have been very informative!

Stuffy, don't think I can get an ATS here in Malaysia. Mag fed markers were next to impossible at one point, even now, theres limited numbers of Tiberius and RAP4s for sale and MIilsig kinda went out the window.

My T9 is already FS converted, been pinging FS rounds for the past 3 months, and those things are insane! I've been thinking of upgrading to a T9.1 because of the air in stock, I like the fact that I won't be restricted by the limited shots of the 12 grams, and those things are like USD2.0 here a pop, not to mention you lose CO2 whenever you pop a magazine out. Having said that, the cost of the T9.1 can buy loads of them 12g CO2 carts! So its just really a matter of whether the air in stock convenience is worth the price. Coveringfire, won't go q-loader setup, but definitely will look at the longbow! Thanks!

The RAP4 Gen 6s are only recently available. Compared to the Tiberius, the RAP4s are really cheap, both the markers and the mags are way cheaper than the Tiberius! And they seemed to shoot really well now that they're Gen6. No FS though.

The T4s, still can't figure out whether they're worthed the extra cash on top of the T9.1.

Anyway, this whole thing started because theres gonna be a local league for limtied ammo, mag fed play.

Slingshotted, the BT SA17s not really mag fed, instead the rounds are stored onto a tube on the top of the marker, very similar to how a longbow mag is setup on a regular marker, except its much shorter.

#9 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

• Squad Marksman
  • PipPip

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

View Post5N1P3R, on Jul 5 2010, 06:21 PM, said:

Wh0pper. What is honestly so good about the t4? The t9.1 has just as many if not more perks, right? And it is wayyyy cheaper.

It isn't THAT much different but what I mean was that some people like the more realistic feel, mostly metal construction and being able to deck it out with real steel parts/accessories.
With a short mag (the 10rd or shorter custom ones) it is undoubtably the best looking milsim gun out there with the ability to use FS out of the box.
That being said, it is alot more expensive, doesn't have the ability for air in-stock, and trying to magfeed regular balls is supposed to work pretty badly.

Like everything in paintball, it just comes down to personal preferance and your budget.

I should of read the first post, I completely missed that he already has a FS capable T9 and I posted stuff he probably already knows xD
-Vinny
T9 Longbow

#10 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:25 PM

Alright whopper. Thanks.

And the thing that gets me in the t9.1 is the air in stock. So awesome :eck:

#11 User is offline   alfabob 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:40 AM

Sniper, can't agree more on the air-in-stock of the 9.1 . Thats the whole reason I'm contemplating getting one.

#12 User is offline   Nessun Dio 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

Sup I'm a bit late, but I have the t9.1 ranger fs and I find it waaay too unreliable. Either I'm hitting everything or nothing. I've had days where I just give up after 2 games.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users