Special Ops Paintball: homade action ghillie - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

homade action ghillie hot to make your very own action ghillie Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   aquateenjunkie 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:aquateenjunkie

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:54 AM

this suit is designed to be highly mobile, extremely lightweight, and be used in a medium to long range sniping position.

materials list for full suit:
1: 4 square yards ( about ) of barracuda net ( 12-15 bucks per sq. yard)

2: pack of 200 3 inch zipties, colored brown with sharpy ( ties, .95 cents. marker 1 buck) can be substituted for fishing line (any test)

3: one woodland militay jacket (3 bucks at thrifty store)

4: one old od green tshirt, marked with brown sharpie and different colored crayons( for a color that wont fade and added waterproof to soak up less water) ( shirt 1 buck clearence at micky army navy, crayons stolen of my future brother inlaw)

for the jacket i draped the cuda net over the jacket( green side faceing out) and cut a whole for the head. i cut 2 small slits in each shoulder of the jacket with knife and secured cuda net with zipties. then i did the same with the sides and arms. after the whole jacket was covered with one layer of net, i used the extra cutoff patches for color and density upgrades.( note: the cuda net is OD green on one side and brown on the other)i flipped the patches to show the brown side and attached with more zipties.

the mask was a little trickier. first i cleaned it realy good. i have a profiler mask, and it has 2 vforce logo's on each side, made out of shiney metal. so i dulled the metal down with a fingernail file and then added layers of lacker and this bronze colored goopy stuff. then i made templates of my mask using paper, and then i cut the cuda net to fit the mask. i put 2 layers of net on the mask and ziptied everything in place.

for the top of the mask i used a peice of net made specificaly for military helmets. i attached it with zipties, so the majority of it hung over the back of the mask and my neck, like hair. and for the lense cover i ziptied regular cuda net on the front part of the helm cover. i made it so that i can flip the net over my lense when needed, all with the flip of my head!!!. it gets snagged 1 time out of 10, so if you see a huge pile of moss doing some heavy metal headbanging it is me with a costume malfunction.

for the pants i started at the top of the garment and worked my way down. i did the whole front first and then the back. now since pants stretch when you run or kneel, i cut the cuda netting into ractangles and overlapped them ( kinda like midevil plate armour) so as not to rip the net, and then attached with zip ties. i left the crotch and inner thigh area, unnetted because the friction will rip the cuda net to shreds. and again i added the extra scrap netting onto the pants to add density and more color. and as with the jacket i cut the OD green t-shirt into strips and added for more density and color. i also added double zipties on the pants just to be on the safe side.

for the gun ( MR1 in this case) i ziptied green fabric to the gun first, cuz the black stood out to much. then i added cuda net over the body of the gun. i left the forward and rear grips unghillied because the ghillie gloves would do the trick. to the barrel i did basicaly the same thing for the body, but i added more net to hang down from the gun, and also taped foam to dampen the noise slightly and keep the netting out of the barrel ports. OD green tshirt strips were added as well

for the gloves, i first sprayed some multi purpose adhesive on the glaves and the netting, then added beads of hot glue. it is impossible to do one whole glove at a time, so start on one side and work you way up.

my remote has a specops digicamo cover on it. i cut slits along theseam to slide some zipties thru.

tips: 1:either use a human dummy roughly the same size as the wearer, or take your mesurements and stuff the jacket with old clothes. 2: cut off all unneeded buttons and anything else that will snag the netting. 3: make sure the netting isnt tight to the jacket or else when you bendover or lift your arms you will rip it. 4: and you dont want it to hug to your body to much, considering we are trying to brake up the image of your body. 5: add elastic strips to the suit so that you can add natural vegitation.

well that about wraps it up. just have fun and be creative.

well so far the cost of the jacket and mask is about 50 dollars( excluding the buck mask, gun, tank and other equiptment). for more info contact on my email or thu thebattlefrontpaintball.com forums .

Disclamer. i will not be held liable if someone steps on you due to the fact that you are almost invisible.

Attached File(s)

Chuck Norris, a cotton candy filled twinky and Aquateenjunkie walk into a bar. The building then immedietly explodes because it cannot contain that level of awesomeness.

Battlefront Paintball

Team Total Resistance

#2 User is offline   82ndx 

• Facta Non Verba
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:82ndx

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:08 AM

A Ho Made ghillie? Now that is impressive.

But on a more serious note, that is a sick job. Well done. Field tested yet?

#3 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:40 AM

wow, im not gonna lie...that is very impressive...looks really good...

#4 User is offline   aquateenjunkie 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:46 AM

thanks. does anybody see any thing that i can impove on. i noticed that i need to break up the neck area a bit better, it is to easy to define the head, exspesialy in the second to last pic.

i have not feild tested it yet. but one of my main concerns was that the netting would rip on the inner thigh while running. to negate this i left that area unnetted. i did some tredmill tests and it came out fine. i was walking around the house in it and some times my big toes will get caught in the net, so socks/shoes are a must. lol.

This post has been edited by aquateenjunkie: 26 February 2009 - 06:53 AM

Chuck Norris, a cotton candy filled twinky and Aquateenjunkie walk into a bar. The building then immedietly explodes because it cannot contain that level of awesomeness.

Battlefront Paintball

Team Total Resistance

#5 User is offline   andrew h 

• death is on the wind...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*shadow*

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:37 PM

thats really inpressive. the only thing i can think of is maybe some more colors.
so a bush shot you?...
...fear the sniper

official sniper #23
play here! -> http://www.forestfirepb.com/

#6 User is offline   aquateenjunkie 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:18 PM

View Postandrew h, on Feb 27 2009, 04:37 PM, said:

thats really inpressive. the only thing i can think of is maybe some more colors.

yeah im in the process now. i didnt whant to dish out the 70 bucks for the digi cuda net, so im gonna try my hand at spray painting some of the netting. and maybe some tan strips of tshirt.

btw the only reason i use the tshirt strips is because i hate jute ghillies. they are hot, itchy and heavy.

Battlefront Paintball

Team Total Resistance

#7 User is offline   andrew h 

• death is on the wind...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*shadow*

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:28 PM

you also need to spray it with fire retardant if you have not already done so.
so a bush shot you?...
...fear the sniper

official sniper #23
play here! -> http://www.forestfirepb.com/

#8 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:36 PM

Very nice job- it's nice to see someone who actually understands how to make an effective Ghille, especially from scratch. All you need to do is match it to your local field environment and conditions, and you're set. Keep up the good work.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#9 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

You need more color variation. You look like a giant tan splotch from 20 ft.

#10 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:04 PM

He did say he was going to be adding some color, either by spry paint or T-shirt strips. I'd also recommend adding some "natural elements" from your field before you play each time, and make sure you have enough of a texture and color mix to blend in with the surrounding environment.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#11 User is offline   aquateenjunkie 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:20 AM

ah yes. for that i have already added elastic in the shoulders, back, mask, gun, and chest. plaus i found a company that makes vykus's( fake trees), and for real cheap they are gonna send me fake plantlife that will match my local trees and shubbery. so if it looks good enough ill eventualy stop putting live plants in my kit.

for those of you who intend on making one, i found a website that sells digi cuda netting anstead of the two tone net. it looks tight and for 10 bucks more you'll get the same amount of fabric.

ty for the input keep em coming.

Battlefront Paintball

Team Total Resistance

#12 User is offline   aquateenjunkie 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:33 AM

today i hid in the bushs in the front of my house and waited for the mail man. i allmost got peppersrayed. lol.

and yesturday my fiance was cleaning up the yard and walked past my hideing spot over 5 times at a 3 foot distance. as she was about to go in the house i said " hey stop" and she looked all over the yard and still didnt find me. she knew what to look for cuz she helped me make it.

note that my house is all white and there is still snow on the ground.

Battlefront Paintball

Team Total Resistance

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users