• You cannot reply to this topic

A5 or X7? Which One? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:58 AM

View PostYoung (ODA-271), on Oct 26 2007, 07:07 AM, said:

I haven't had the opportunity to use the X-7 yet. Can anyone comment on the performance difference if any? More accurate, conserves air... any differences at all?

Stock wise, theyre both the same in Performance.

If you already have the A5 and have installed the Upgrades into it, the X7 would Perform in the same way like the A5 and the only difference about the X7 is the Body itself.

#17 User is offline   STAZ211 

• Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:34 PM

Def A5
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."

#18 User is offline   CrazyRuskii 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CrazyRuskii

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:48 PM

View PostYoung (ODA-271), on Oct 26 2007, 10:07 AM, said:

I haven't had the opportunity to use the X-7 yet. Can anyone comment on the performance difference if any? More accurate, conserves air... any differences at all?

The X7 and A5 are the same thing except for the cyclone and rear bolt. The only major difference I can tell is that the X7 is more meaty; thats the only reason I got it.

#19 User is offline   Falconsfight 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Falconsfight

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:28 AM

The reason I got my X-7 was that it was alittle more modular and comes with picatinny/weaver rails. Also, I like the fact that it closely resembled the FN-Scar.

Attached File  scar_l_1.jpg (15.66K)
Number of downloads: 12

#20 Guest_bumpnrunone_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:13 PM

the x7 is basically an a5 in different clam shells. pretty similar internals. im sure its pretty much the same performance too. the only advantage that i can see for getting an x7 is the trigger switch so you dont have to deal with the whole alan key thing with egrip. also the x7 is bigger, bulkier and heavier than the a5 thus the a5 is more low-pro

#21 User is offline   Doc Fury 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:52 AM

I have an A5 and have had a ton of trouble with it. I know that the A5 is an awesome marker, but I had problems with keeping velocity up (turns out it was an issue with my stock), as well as getting my flatline tuned. I know you can argue that these issues are all with add ons, but I only use Tippmann mods which are designed for the A5 exclusively and still had problems. My friends with A5s have had no problems whatsoever.

This leads me to my question of the week. In a moment of weakness, I bought a X7 with an Egrip. I can't really afford both markers, and although I really wanted a long gun as well as a CQB set up, I am wondering if I should get rid of one or not. I love the X7, as I love the Milsim aspect and I find that X7 mods blend more seamlessly into the marker than do A5 ones. Also, being able to change firing modes on the fly is an awesome feature--going from semi to full auto with a flick of the switch is very cool. But, my problems with my A5 aside, I trust the A5 as a solid marker. My question is this? Which of the two should I keep? Ultimately, I know I'm making that decision myself, but I would appreciate any insight into that decision.

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep both markers. But, I suspect I've spent about 2k on paintballs, gear and mods in the past few months, and am tapped out.

#22 User is offline   Nightwolf 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:43 PM

I had the same question but now im going with the X7 because I like the Milsim look and the overall gun. My freind has an A5 and its a great gun I love it however his well kinda breaks, Its always busting orings and now it has a leek hes useing his Custom Pro now, this also lead me toward the X7. However if I can find a good deal on a A5 with a pre attached E grip im sold, wich I think I may do

This post has been edited by Nightwolf: 05 November 2007 - 08:51 PM

#23 User is offline   metalhead39 

• The flesh torpedo
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:metalhead39

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:09 PM

I too have been wondering about these two models and upon seeing the 100 dollar difference I seriously began to consider it. As near as I can tell not many performance advantages. If you want a lower profile weapon a a-5 is the way to go, simply put on an x7 hopper. The thump safety that can be used as a selector switch on the egrip model is nice but I don't think it will sway me. I think I will still go with an a-5 but we'll see in the coming months. For me functionality over looks.

#24 User is offline   phillyeagles953 

• the most hardcore Eagles fan you will ever meet
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:crazy93

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:25 PM

a-5 and x7 are almost the same. i dont think that the x7 is worth the extra money. you can get the cyclone upgrades pretty cheap (like $30ish), and then it'll be pretty much the same as the x7. you can get all the same ups for both. so it really comes down to do you want to spend the extra money on the x7 pretty much just for looks.

Tippmann owners club member #32

#25 User is offline   Falconsfight 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Falconsfight

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:57 PM

For the straight out performance with minor upgrades the A-5 is the way to go. If u r looking for the performance and something other than a MP-5 look, then the X-7( FN-Scar) is the way to go. Now if u want to add shroud or body kits then u expect something close to the X-7's base price in some cases. Of course this is up each individual preferences on an ascetic level.

#26 User is offline   metalhead39 

• The flesh torpedo
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:metalhead39

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:22 PM

I was curious as to what the price differnce would be between the two AFTER some upgrades and so I went on to SO's store and looked it up

X-7: $637.90
w/ egrip
flatline
collapsible stock
and the shorter m16 mag so it'll have a lower profile like the a5

A-5: $516.75
w/egrip
flatline
collapsible stock
an x-7 lowprofile hopper
and an APE Rampage board

I do like how the x-7 egrip has a military style 3-way selector switch(safe, semi, and whatever you prefer burst or auto) but an ape board can give you some flexibility as well, besides how often are gonna have to be "oh sniggle berries I need to spray like it 's Jihad" sometimes maybe...but not alot.

I don't like how the mags are so huge..I don't really like mag additions at all like I said I want to get low with my weapon. so a-5 wins that one for me.

and as far as the x-7 touting numbers of 18+ bps... do you wanna have to reload every 10 seconds?

So as far as I'm concerned come next season when I look at upgrading markers I'll save my money and go with an a-5 first before I go x-7

EDIT: found the above a5 configuration on ebay for $464 shipped

This post has been edited by metalhead39: 08 November 2007 - 10:36 PM

#27 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:21 AM

Its personal taste,

If your into mil-sim looking stuff the X-7 can be made to look closer to a real weapon.

Your not going to notice and huge variation in performance. Accessories for the A-5 are abundant right now, and the market is growing for the X-7. often times there indistinguishable from one another when they have every rail, optic and gadget on them available.

I personally would go for the A-5, but only you can make the right decision. Figure out what your needs are and find a marker that fits them in your price range.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#28 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:58 AM

Not that this is gonna help much, but the X7 comes stock with a smoother barrel than tha A5, or at least mine did. But I have tried each marker, both stock and modified. Stock, I have found the X7 to be slightly more accurate, and somehow it seems to hold its air consistency better than the A5. After they were modded up, I found the X7 to feel better, seem to shoot more consistent, and just play the part much better than it's little sister. The A5 has that retarded rear sight on the back which can't be removed, and it gets really awkward trying to put mods onto it, and it never looks right. The X7 will take anything you give it, smoothly and effeciently. It looks real with any kit you put on it, and it's a LOT easier to add sights, tac-lites, etc. The X7 may be bigger and bulkier, but it's a lot more flexible. You can do more with it than you ever could with the A5. So, after extensive testing and use of both models, my personal opinion would be to go with the X7, the extra money is worth it.

#29 User is offline   Recon 11 

• "Wheaties: The Breakfast of Idiots."
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Recon 11

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:52 PM

X7 is better because it has rails and has a better cyclone.

#30 User is offline   Spaceman Spiff 

• Spaceman Spiff is my hero. Thanks for the avitar Puzuma.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Minister of Destruction

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:42 PM

There are a few differences between the A5 and X7...

X7 has a more realistic safety - if you get the electronic trigger you can switch between full auto and semi with out tools (just flip the selector with your thumb).

X7 has a low profile hopper for the cyclone standard (which can be purchased for the A5).

X7 has a higher bps standard with its cyclone (this too can be purchased for the A5).

X7 has more mil-sim attachments available.

Both are reliable blow back markers (in the non-electronic trigger versions).

Both are gas hogs (no real difference in efficiency).

A5 is a lower initial investment (and stays so if you are not looking for the mil-sim look).

A5 has a long standing reputation.

So in my opinion it all depends on what you are looking for.

I hope this helps.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users