• You cannot reply to this topic

Special Ops Broadsword Vest Does it fit? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   tacman79 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:tac man

Post icon  Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

I just got a Special Ops Broadsword Vest, and to tell ya the truth I'm not sure if it fit's right. I feel like the pods on my back sit too low, but maybe that's how it's supposed to fit. The bottom of the front of the vest goes all the way to my waist, and in my expierience with LBV(load bearing vests) the bottom of the front where the zipper starts is usually around the belly button area. Can anyone help me out so I'm not wearing a vest that is too big, or return it for a vest that is too small. Thanks for your time!
TACMAN79

#2 User is offline   SGT Havoc 

• SGT Havoc
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGT Havoc

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

my broadsword vest does the same thing but im not sure if thats how is suppose to be
"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
Official Broadsword #88

i call her Vera
25 bps

#3 User is offline   ChaoticRedneck 

• one crazy southern marylander
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ChaoticRedneck

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:18 PM

View Posttacman79, on Aug 20 2008, 10:33 PM, said:

I just got a Special Ops Broadsword Vest, and to tell ya the truth I'm not sure if it fit's right. I feel like the pods on my back sit too low, but maybe that's how it's supposed to fit. The bottom of the front of the vest goes all the way to my waist, and in my expierience with LBV(load bearing vests) the bottom of the front where the zipper starts is usually around the belly button area. Can anyone help me out so I'm not wearing a vest that is too big, or return it for a vest that is too small. Thanks for your time!

View PostSGT Havoc, on Aug 20 2008, 11:19 PM, said:

my broadsword vest does the same thing but im not sure if thats how is suppose to be

i have that problem as well, though its really not a problem now, i have learned to adapt and overcome, but yes it does feel low.

i bought size XL and it seems to work good enough for me...and i aint no little guy either :dodgy:

This post has been edited by ChaoticRedneck: 01 September 2008 - 12:21 PM

Sons of the South Paintball Team
Official Broadsword #54
A5/X7 OG
Proudly Sponsored by Southern Md Paintball Medusa Paintball ANS Gear

#4 User is offline   With_Force 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WITHFORCE

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:29 PM

I don't mean to derail this topic, since it is in regard to the Broadsword Vest, but this discussion is what makes me wary of ordering the vest. We play in a field that would be great to have Omnipat in. I currently use the RAP4 Tactical Ten vest - but it doesn't come in an Omnipat. If three guys (so far) have purchased this vest with problems, it makes me think I'll be in the same boat.

My sizing shows as a large, but it almost makes me want to go a size shorter so the pods don't hang down very far. To the owners of this vest, is there a lot of room to adjust it out more, or is it pretty limited as far as the chest and shoulder areas?
Who needs subtlety? I shoot until the woods are monochrome.

#5 User is offline   ChaoticRedneck 

• one crazy southern marylander
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ChaoticRedneck

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

i believe there is, havent really played around with to much, but in all honestly i love my vest...wished i switched over sooner :happy:
Sons of the South Paintball Team
Official Broadsword #54
A5/X7 OG
Proudly Sponsored by Southern Md Paintball Medusa Paintball ANS Gear

#6 User is offline   Heavy Rifle 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:tombstone82

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:31 PM

It's made to fit that way.

#7 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:26 AM

The front does come up a bit as far as the belly button thing goes. It just takes a little getting used to. Two games is what it took for me.
-Ty

#8 User is offline   Ubersmack 

• Right Behind You
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ubersmack

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:41 PM

Just got this today, size XL. As for size it is a little large on me, I am 6'3" and 215 pounds, so I am not tiny. I would suggest going smaller than you think it should be, and it will be just right.

The pods do sit down low, but I don't mind it, closer to my center of gravity. Part of the weight issue is the fact that you are being loaded down in the back with all that paint, and hardly anything at all in the front. So unless you carry depleted uranium slugs in your front pockets this is going to be back heavy. To compensate for this the inside waist belt will hold it to you so it doesn't slouch down so much and handle the weight a little bit better.

Overall I like it, except my remote cord gets caught up on the right side pouch, though that is fixable with some tinkering.

To the owners of this vest, is there a lot of room to adjust it out more, or is it pretty limited as far as the chest and shoulder areas?

You can take the shoulders in or out a few inches. There are also 3 straps on each side that can be adjusted in or out about 4-5 inches, with the XL I have them cinched all the way up.

On the bright side, if I am wearing a sweatshirt or even playing a winter game with a coat on, that extra room will be great. :happy:

This post has been edited by Ubersmack: 18 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

#9 User is offline   Na-nook 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Na-nook

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

I think my vest fits good. I can't belive it took me so long to get one

#10 User is offline   WVRaider9 

• Mike 'Delta' Romeo
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Mike 'Delta' Romeo

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:13 PM

When I got mine, it sat an inch just above my belly button, and I don't feel my pods hitting my back or anything, just the vest itself resting the weight across my torso. If I had to say, you want to order small. Mine (At first I thought it was too small, but I broke it in and grew into it I suppose) fits good for me.

16, 5'10", 170lbs, Toned Chest, flat stomach, And I wear a Medium.
I think I got the Broadsword 6, Or something like that. The Broadsword that was out when OmniPat came out. It was a couple years back now. Got it with the Fushion 7's.

Marksman of Team FEAR

Sponsored by MISSION MASTERS / VALKEN / PINOKIO / CGC /
COMPULSIVE / MSS /
TIBERIUS ARMS

#11 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:37 AM

i know i know.. old topic..

but yes they are really adjustable and fit just fine..

infact.. for the first time in a long time.. i loaded up my vest.. (full pods, filled 90/45) and put it on... felt like the ghost busters in court.. but after wearing it around for it bit it seemed like nothing.. plus.. in paintball.. you get lighter as the game progresses (empty pods = less weight)
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users