• You cannot reply to this topic

Team Help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MasterLint 

• The master of lint
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MasterLint

Posted 02 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

I've been playing Dagger/point/front, for a while now, and just recently I've been given control over a new squad after we re-formed our team. Normally i would have no problems with this but.. unfortunately, it's not the squad I used to have.

The two guys in my squad are a handful. The one is the former team leader(Sabre), and a trigger happy guy(Broadsword) who shoots anyone, even his own team mates, just for fun. I'm having problems here because 1. I don't want my Sabre undermining me[especially since the reason he was taken from power is that he tried to have us all walk in a single file line through the woods...] and 2. I really don't want my broadsword giving our position away as I head around to flank or shooting me as I go to do something and giving our position away or something else along those lines.

How would I keep my Dagger thing going and still keep those two with me so that they do turn on me, or just quit all together? Should I change my game, make them change their attitudes, or kinda compromise?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLACK OPS RANGER

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:14 PM

View PostMasterLint, on Feb 2 2008, 08:38 PM, said:

I've been playing Dagger/point/front, for a while now, and just recently I've been given control over a new squad after we re-formed our team. Normally i would have no problems with this but.. unfortunately, it's not the squad I used to have.

The two guys in my squad are a handful. The one is the former team leader(Sabre), and a trigger happy guy(Broadsword) who shoots anyone, even his own team mates, just for fun. I'm having problems here because 1. I don't want my Sabre undermining me[especially since the reason he was taken from power is that he tried to have us all walk in a single file line through the woods...] and 2. I really don't want my broadsword giving our position away as I head around to flank or shooting me as I go to do something and giving our position away or something else along those lines.

How would I keep my Dagger thing going and still keep those two with me so that they do turn on me, or just quit all together? Should I change my game, make them change their attitudes, or kinda compromise?

Thanks

Give the saber another chance, as for trigger happy there I would kick him off, chances are is that he is a poor sport as well.

#3 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:06 AM

Or you could use him as a Broadsword is meant to be used. While he's shooting paint, use the distraction to flank your opponent. The human brain will always react to a sound and look that direction which is when a Dagger is supposed to make his move.

On another note, if he is going to make it difficult for your squad to be covert, then the other option is to simply not go covert. Let another squad do that while yours goes down the middle. Yes, it goes against what a Dagger is generally meant to be, but there will be plenty of chances for you to do your Dagger thing. Remember, you are now playing a Commander role as well and you have to think about your squad's tactics, not just your own.

#4 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:40 AM

^ that sounds like a good idea. depending on where you play, you could just distance yourself from the trigger happy person, and use that to flank, because the team will want to go after him. or you could just use him as bait, and setup the ambush.
idk, he sounds like a moron, no offense

#5 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:02 PM

gog the trigger happy guy at the start of each game until he quits

seriously, if he shot me in the back for fun, i would not let him be on my team, ive stomped that out of my team before we even got into any annoying habits
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#6 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:15 PM

View PostThirdI, on Feb 3 2008, 08:06 AM, said:

Or you could use him as a Broadsword is meant to be used. While he's shooting paint, use the distraction to flank your opponent. The human brain will always react to a sound and look that direction which is when a Dagger is supposed to make his move.

On another note, if he is going to make it difficult for your squad to be covert, then the other option is to simply not go covert. Let another squad do that while yours goes down the middle. Yes, it goes against what a Dagger is generally meant to be, but there will be plenty of chances for you to do your Dagger thing. Remember, you are now playing a Commander role as well and you have to think about your squad's tactics, not just your own.

But he shoots his own teammates, he just does not sound mature enough to play paintball.

#7 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:40 PM

Shoot back.
But a lot more.
Then he'll think 'Oh snap, that sucked' and stop.
If he doesn't stop, kick him off the team because he's a moron anyway.

As for the former leader, give him another go. But tell him when something sucks.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#8 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:57 PM

View PostPirate, on Feb 14 2008, 08:40 PM, said:

Shoot back.
But a lot more.
Then he'll think 'Oh snap, that sucked' and stop.
If he doesn't stop, kick him off the team because he's a moron anyway.

As for the former leader, give him another go. But tell him when something sucks.

I like this idea, go with it.

#9 User is offline   dogstile 

• PipPip

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:32 PM

lol, thats pretty much the same thing i said, but reworded
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"

#10 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:27 PM

View Postdogstile, on Feb 20 2008, 06:32 PM, said:

No, you said gog him and the other person said unload on him.

#11 Guest_GroundRunner_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

the fact of the matter is that you can't have your squad underminding your orders and shooting at you!, you might have to think about kicking them off. i would work with your leader and ask him to have you guys be put on defense for awhile. ur guys will then learn what happens when they dont listen after hours and hours of waiting around. ur trigger happy man should learn to calm down and ur power hungry sabre should learn that its a team effort. just drill into them that theres no i in team. after playing D for a couple of weeks or even if it takes a couple of months go back in and see if they've improved. if they still haven't learned by then, well then you'll need to look for 2 new players. as a last resort i would get in there face, let them know what's going on. tell them they need to shape up now or don't bother coming to games ever again.

This post has been edited by GroundRunner: 21 February 2008 - 01:42 PM

#12 User is offline   dogstile 

• PipPip

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:28 PM

View PostNever Dead, on Feb 21 2008, 08:27 PM, said:

View Postdogstile, on Feb 20 2008, 06:32 PM, said:

No, you said gog him and the other person said unload on him.

fair play, still involves shooting him

lets go with groundrunners idea for now, and are you sure you'll want to put the heavy gunner on D, it'll jusst give him more exposed backs

#13 User is offline   Cas 

• The Funky Ghost
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:No Brigade Affiliation.

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:48 AM

I'll be the dissenter here. Groundrunner has a point, but I don't think the talk should be the last line. With the Broadsword, that'd be my first move. Anything else is forgivable, but not intentional friendly fire.

I wouldn't bother lighting him up in retaliation; that'll just give him reason to believe that you're the problem (instead of him) and it'll make you look immature to your team by sinking to his level (which would only give the Sabre more ammo to retake command). If he was under my command, I'd read him the riot act, right in front of the others. If he is ever caught intentionally fragging his teammates again, he is off the team immediately. This not a probation, this is a permanent condition, and this goes for everyone. During an intra-squad scrimmage, that's fine, but in an actual game you cannot tolerate that kind of behaviour. You've got enough to worry about between guiding your team and trying to stay alive without wondering when your own teammate is going to shoot you in the back.

This approach has three benefits.
  • It resolves the Broadsword problem. Whether he shapes up or ships out, your problem will be solved.
  • It will remind your Sabre that you are in charge now, and you plan to act it.
  • It'll instill more confidence in your other teammmates (who are probably also tired of being fragged by the Broadsword), which will not only make you a more effective leader, but also lower support for your Sabre if he decides to attempt a coup to regain his former title.

Of course, that's just my 2˘.
1*

Things Skippy is no Longer Allowed to do in the U.S. Army #179/180: On Army documents, my race is not "other". Nor is it "Secretariat, in the third".

#14 Guest_GroundRunner_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:57 AM

View PostCas, on Feb 22 2008, 09:48 AM, said:

Groundrunner has a point, but I don't think the talk should be the last line.

Believe me It'd be hard enough not to chew out the guy for losing the team a position or game but if you do that everytime your players make a mistake or even if they make it constantly your not going to have much of a squad left because a lot of paintball players that aren't really into the sport are in my opinion a bunch of egotistical pu**ies. but i totally agree with you on kicking him off immediatly for shooting his own team. I didn't want to say that because it sounds like there's not a lot of people lined up to take his place.Just keep reviewing with them over their mistakes and what they did really well after a game. I'd suggest you read a lot from the Commander topics and ask them questions. Those guys are going to know what their doing.

This post has been edited by GroundRunner: 22 February 2008 - 10:04 AM

#15 User is offline   Cas 

• The Funky Ghost
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:No Brigade Affiliation.

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:25 PM

For mistakes, I agree. I wouldn't go headhunting over a mistake. If someone makes a genuine mistake or is having a problem with something, I'll have all the patience in the world for them. The Sabre gets that pass; I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, believing that he's still accustomed to running the team and needs time to adapt. I'd want to do what I can to rectify the situation, but I wouldn't hold any slip-ups against him.

The Broadsword who's fragging the team is another matter. That's not a mistake, that's an active choice.

This post has been edited by Cas: 22 February 2008 - 12:25 PM

1*

Things Skippy is no Longer Allowed to do in the U.S. Army #179/180: On Army documents, my race is not "other". Nor is it "Secretariat, in the third".

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users