Special Ops Paintball: If Montana had an SPPL Qualifier.... - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

If Montana had an SPPL Qualifier.... Trying to get some info for a class project Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   REBELS_PEACHZ 

• I have ADD, you wouldn't understand....LOOK A SQUIRREL!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PEACHZ

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:22 PM

Hey Y'all,
I'm a Junior at the University of Montana and for my final project in one of my classes we are supposed to write a paper regarding to plan an event. So what better an event to have than a paintball event...even better how bout an SPPL event? The question at hand is, how many teams in the area (Northwest) in either the 5-man beginner format or the 10-man, what teams would be up for coming out to Missoula for a qualifier. This of course is under the assumption S.P.P.L. approved the qualifier and all that jazz...Very hypothetical, but work with me. How many would be up for the 5-man or 10-man format and where are ya coming from? Let me know of your team or someone you know who has a team if you'd come; money/financial issues aside, I'm just looking for a ballpark guesstimate of how many teams to expect at the event.

So, if your team would go, let me know your team name, format (5 or 10 man or both), and where you'd be coming from. This will also help me figure out other costs that I would need to get squared away if I know how many to expect (portas, how much paint and air needed, staffing, etc). Thanks a lot guys and girls.

Think I'll post this up in the SPPL section as well, just to make sure that it gets some response (sorry Admins!). Thanks for your time.

Nicholas
"PEACHZ"
Official Sabre #75 If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Christian Paintballer
Tippmann Owner's Club #112

#2 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:06 PM

Why dont you plan an event to teach people/get them into playing paintball...you could do it at a local church, rec center, quad at your school...show off the equitment talk about it maybe make a little presentation and you could try to arrange something with the field to get discounted entry and get people out there to play with your group.

Peace,
Teddy K

#3 User is offline   REBELS_PEACHZ 

• I have ADD, you wouldn't understand....LOOK A SQUIRREL!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PEACHZ

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:35 AM

View PostTeddy K, on Oct 21 2009, 06:06 PM, said:

Why dont you plan an event to teach people/get them into playing paintball...you could do it at a local church, rec center, quad at your school...show off the equitment talk about it maybe make a little presentation and you could try to arrange something with the field to get discounted entry and get people out there to play with your group.

Peace,
Teddy K

I suppose that could work. Having it on campus would be kinda tricky, just because I doubt U.M. police would really like to have markers going off on the quad (because you HAVE to shoot them!!). I think the SPPL event is representative of the topics and speakers we've had in class over the semester; sponsors, marketing, advertising, venue management, logistics, setup/teardown, etc. The SPPL event was my original proposal, so I'd like to keep that running because I think it will encompass all of the requirements. But I can always talk to my professor and see what he thinks. It may simplify the project a lot. Thanks TK.

--I forgot to mention...in regard to field discounts and whatnot, we don't have a commercial field anywhere near here that I've heard of, so that's not much of an option, otherwise I think the sport would be much bigger around Mizzou.
Official Sabre #75 If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Christian Paintballer
Tippmann Owner's Club #112

#4 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:14 PM

I will also tell you that you will get all the affirmative responses to make it worth trying.....right up until you need the money.
Then you will hear crickets.

It is the simple truth behind our sport. Everybody is full of good intentions, but when it is time for the wallet to open they bail.

That is why it took three seasons to get a west coast SPPL event in the first place.

#5 User is offline   derekbo 

• derek
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

ganggreen would come with at least 2 10 man teams and maybe a 5
www.ganggreenpb.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic