Special Ops Paintball: where can i buy an e-mag(prefferably online) - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

where can i buy an e-mag(prefferably online) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   freak of nature 

• Does that cat have an ear missing?
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Freak_of_Nature

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:37 PM

well, the title says pretty much everything. Aswell, i might want to get an x-mag, so if anyone could tell me the difference between the E- and X-mag than it would be much appreciated.

P.S. can you get E/X-mags in warp left bodies?
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.
....Um, what? How can i have -2 messages?
Watch in order:Unsuccessful Procedure - Part 1, Unsuccessful Procedure - Part 2

#2 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:13 PM

Emags aren't made anymore, so you'll have to scour places like Ebay, and forums for private party sellers.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#3 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:22 PM

Just check ebay every day. They also pop up here in the B/S/T section, and on other forums.

There is even one on right now. It ends in 2 hours.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Emag-Automag-Minimag_W...1QQcmdZViewItem

#4 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:51 PM

and the only noteable difference between the E-mag, and the X-mag is that the X-mag had an eye, unfortunatly this was near the beginning of eyes in markers, and there for never worked all that well, or at least this is what I have been told by owners and people on the forum
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#5 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUESTIONFUL

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:10 PM

You should learn more about them before buying one, they're expensive and hard to find. I highly recommend that before you look to buy a mag, just go on AO and read all you can about mags.

I will try to explain some basics. For the purposes of my explanation, I will pretend the classic RT doesn't exist (it makes things complicated).

An automag is just an assortment of parts. There aren't a few set configurations, but rather a HUGE number of combinations of all the different parts. Most parts are interchangeable between different mags. For example, if you have an old classic mag from '94, you can choose any number of custom bodies that are being made today. You can use a tac-one body, a Karta body, a Chord body, any AGD body (Center Feed, Low-rise Center Feed, Hopper Left, Hopper Right, Powerfeed Left, Powerfeed Right, Warp Left, Warp Right), and even anything one-of made of a sluggo. The frame too. Not including E-mags, you can put any frame on any mag (disregarding wings). Benchmark (single or double trigger), Intelliframe, Y-grip, Z-grip, Cerberus Innovations, some RPG frames, 32* single, dye gripstyx (single or double trigger), another one by dye, etc.
The valve, the most defining part of any automag, comes in two flavors. Classic (A.I.R., classic, minimag, etc.) and RT (ReTro, RT pro, E-mag, E-max, X-mag, X-valve, etc.). You should know by heart how both of these valves work.
http://www.zdspb.com...ns/automag1.gif
http://www.zdspb.com...temag2_6fps.gif
Stare at those for a while, you'll get it eventually.
Valves are interchangeable, too. But they are basically what makes the mag. Classic valved mags are heavier and slower, but they can take CO2 (not much of an advantage these days), and their oldschoolness can be pretty awesome. RT valves make for the fastest-recharging paintball marker in the world, capable of over 35bps, it's been said, and Zak Vetter has fired paint through it at 34.5 BPS. You should watch all of Zak's videos, too.
http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/...ideos_main.html
Now, E-mags are not made anymore, you'll have to keep your eyes out for e-mag lowers on AO. I'm not sure if you can put E-mag lowers on any RT rail. You'll have to look that up.
X-mags. X-mags are E-mags with a combined rail and body, and they have eyes. They are rarely let go of, and there are plenty of people trying to get their hands on them.
There are other options though, such as emaggos, hyper mags, spyder mags, other e-pneu mags, pneumags, etc.

I'm done typing, hope that helps.

#6 User is offline   freak of nature 

• PipPip

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:01 PM

thanks, that helps a bunch question :nododgy:. earlier today i went looking in the BST here on Specops and found epneu lowers, might make an offer on that and then build the rest of the mag from individually bought parts. Not sure how expensive this will get, but im looking at a ULE warp left body, level-10 and x-valve. Think this is a good idea?

This post has been edited by freak of nature: 01 April 2008 - 09:05 PM

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.

#7 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

In addition to having eyes, the X mag also has a convertible breach/feed, so you can change to center, left or right with just one screw.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#8 User is offline   pigtech 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:34 AM

The major difference between the E-mag and the X-mag is that the E-mag used a tubular steel body with welded feed port, and accepted Automag twist-lock barrels.

The X-Mag on the other hand had a milled aluminum body and used threaded barrels. This allowed room for the ACE (Anti Chop Eye) and the removable breech to allow for top feed or side (Warp) feed.
This meant custom milling and anodizing of the body was possible.
Bill Mills, Technical Editor, WARPIG.com

#9 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:43 AM

View Postpigtech, on Apr 2 2008, 07:34 AM, said:

The major difference between the E-mag and the X-mag is that the E-mag used a tubular steel body with welded feed port, and accepted Automag twist-lock barrels.

You can slap e-mag lowers on an aluminum body....

http://www.putfile.com/pic/7900670
One of a kind pump mag F/S/T Open AND stock class capable.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.

#10 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:52 AM

The final E-Mags put out by AGD came with ULE bodies and possibly ULE rails as well (I know the original Tac One rail is a spot-on match for the E-Mag; I'm using the Tac One rail on my E-Mag). The X-Mag's eyes didn't work that well, but the Level 10 largely obsoleted it. Also, in recent years, people have found ways to make other eyes work with the board if you REALLY want them, and a standard ULE body can be drilled for eyes.

By the way, that Micro E-Mag is dead sexy.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#11 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:10 PM

Micro?

Pigtech, automags aren't defined in "models" as most markers are. You can interchange all the parts. ANY mag with E-mag lowers is usually called an E-mag.

#12 User is offline   freak of nature 

• PipPip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

well, i just found some emag lowers on the BST here, i shot the guy a pm about them, waiting for a reply. And is it possible to put a ULE body on Emag lowers?

#13 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:50 PM

View Postfreak of nature, on Apr 2 2008, 05:04 PM, said:

well, i just found some emag lowers on the BST here, i shot the guy a pm about them, waiting for a reply. And is it possible to put a ULE body on Emag lowers?

Yes.

BTW the body goes on the rail, and the rail goes on the e-mag lowers, from top to bottom.

This post has been edited by questionful: 02 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

#14 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:50 PM

View Postfreak of nature, on Apr 2 2008, 07:04 PM, said:

You can put a ULE body on the E-Mag rail, yes. However, you will need to knock the twistlock assembly out of the rail (this little tab that holds the barrels in on stainless mainbodies. It took me 2 minutes with a ball peen hammer to tap it out. Not a big deal.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 02 April 2008 - 10:51 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#15 User is offline   pigtech 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:53 AM

View Postquestionful, on Apr 2 2008, 08:10 PM, said:

Micro?

Pigtech, automags aren't defined in "models" as most markers are. You can interchange all the parts. ANY mag with E-mag lowers is usually called an E-mag.

Although most (but not all - RT's rails and valves didn't fit other 'mags) parts were interchangeable between different mag models, they were most definitely sold as distinct models. If you went to a paintball store and bought an Automag RT, or a MiniMAG you'd be getting different paintguns, not the luck of the draw as to how each was configured.

When I said E-Mag I was referring to the actual E-Mag AGD sold, not what people now generically call E-Mags.
Bill Mills, Technical Editor, WARPIG.com

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users