What internal upgrades should i get for my Ion Xe? Building a woodsball marker.
Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:26 PM
I'm not going for insane fire rate , but rather accuracy and consistancy. So any upgrades, if any should be towards that.
This will be my first electro marker, so im totaly blank on what actually helps..
Have considered the hollowpointbolt from deadlywind.. Any good?
Thanks for any help
Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:49 PM
This post has been edited by Sped-SR: 06 July 2008 - 02:53 PM
Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:20 PM
Vegetarian (vej `eter`een) n: "Old Indian word for "bad hunter"
Damn you and such. - Stewie Griffin
Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:23 PM
Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:59 PM
Maybe I will get a trigger later.. I will see how the stock one fits me..
Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:46 PM
2. They were made by Smart Parts for Smart Parts
4. Also save your money and dont be fooled into thinking you need to upgrade the board, unless of course it fails.
1. TechT L6v2 or L7 and a CLIPPARD qev are the ONLY way to go.
2. because everyone else that made an after market bolt did the work for them. Their only advantage is the fact that they won't void any warranty and THAT'S IT.
3. You will get SIGNIFICANTLY more advantages from the lighter bolt AND the fact that the Clippard QEV is higher-flowing than any ANY other QEV out there
4. Agreed but you will need to tune the dwell according to whatever set-up you choose.
Given a lighter bolt and Clippard, you should set your psi to about 145-160 psi and then drop your dwell down to where the marker no longer fires. Do it in 5ms increments so you know where you are at. When the marker starts to "pft pft", raise your dwell back up until it sounds like it's right....and then add 5 more milliseconds on top of that. Then you adjust your psi for speed. This should balance out chronograph consistency and air usage very nicely for you.
As for a trigger...there's really nothing wrong with the stock trigger unless you squeeze it too hard while running and inadvertantly break it. It's light, snappy and does the job just fine.
As far as accuracy goes, now you are talking some kind of barrel kit. Paint to bore matching an up-to 14 inch barrel will work just fine for you. I personally use a 14" Freak with an AA tip. It's terrifically accurate when paint is bored properly and quiet? Pffffft...don't need a silencer for mine.........lol.
This post has been edited by druid: 10 July 2008 - 10:49 PM
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."