Special Ops Paintball: Apex-ready Barrel Fronts (not tips) For Barrel Kits - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Apex-ready Barrel Fronts (not tips) For Barrel Kits

#1 User is offline   chinstrap 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:kl0wn

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

I got this idea after having just got done Loctiting my "Apex adapter" onto a J&J barrel front and probably screwing it up.

I was looking around to see if anyone made this yet:

A front part that you screw into the different sized bore backs of a barrel kit that has the Apex grooves on the end.

Not something that's attached by set screws or screwed on or whatever, but is actually the tip of the barrel itself.

Kind of like the "Apex-ready" Lapco Bigshots, but just the front of a 2-piece that's threaded for a specific barrel kit, in case one wanted different bores (the Lapcos only come in .690).

They would be threaded for different companies' barrel front threadings to be compatible with their company's barrel backs. I'm not sure how feasable this is, since I only have experience with J&J kits, but I know all their fronts and backs are interchangeable.

For example, instead of having the usual thread choices like Autococker, 98, A5, Spyder, etc., they'd be for like Kaner, Freak, J&J, Eclipse, Redz, Stiffi, CP, whoever is making barrel kits these days, etc.

This post has been edited by chinstrap: 06 August 2010 - 08:12 AM

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   ninjasofpaintball 

• Phoenix Burn. Represent!
  • PipPip

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

Clever.
Check us out on youtube! Click Here!

#3 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:41 PM

It's a nice thought, but I'm not really sure if there is a market for it. Apex's aren't nearly as popular as they once were. Not putting down your idea at all, but with the economy the way it is ideas like this have taken a backseat role against things that companies know they can make money on.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#4 User is offline   noce13o 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:46 AM

Nothing new, there have been apex fronts for freak kits for a while now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:34 AM

Yup freak back and AA/apex ready tip

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users