Special Ops Paintball: The do's and don'ts of sniper paintball - Special Ops Paintball

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The do's and don'ts of sniper paintball here's some helpful tips Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#76 User is offline   aaronsnipe12 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Headshot Man

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:05 PM

im just wondering wat is "ACADEMY" is like a store somewhere??? :blink:

#77 User is offline   Phylter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:05 AM

Anyone ever try to math out their maximum guaranteed hit range? I was really, really bored this week, so I referenced Mann's barrel test for accuracy numbers, measured my own frontal profile, found the sweet spot, being the square made your the widest point on your body, and equal length up and down. Mine starts at my collarbone, spans the width of my chest, and goes down an equal amount, making an 11" square. Aim for the center of that general area, and you have the most room possible for deviation in the ball's path.

Smart Parts Freak barrel was found to hit 75% of shots in the 6"x 6" at 20m. My frontal profile is 11"x 11". My math came out saying that I could be roughly 35m away, before shots had a statistically relevant chance of missing.

Also, as a side note, the math also came out to say the ball would drop roughly 9" at 20m, a more reasonable range, though I neglected air resistance.

Did I mess up the math, or does it seem pretty reasonable?

#78 User is offline   .::HoMeSkiLLet::. 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:-WOODY-

Post icon  Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:44 AM

Like Ghost Leader said, going up the sides isn't always the best strategy. I've gone up the middle many a times to be victorious.

The sides are also where most teams split their group. ( Half on one side, half on the other, a few up the middle )

OR

They go to all one side. If that just so happens to you while your working your way up the side, it wouldn't be too good for you.

-HomeSkillet
___.:::Furtim-Patientia-Veneratio:::.___

__.:Sniper::.__
__.::Bad Company::._
__.::Bear River, NS::._

#79 User is offline   Lord Kyle Of Earth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:27 PM

View PostPhylter, on Mar 26 2009, 01:05 PM, said:

Anyone ever try to math out their maximum guaranteed hit range? I was really, really bored this week, so I referenced Mann's barrel test for accuracy numbers, measured my own frontal profile, found the sweet spot, being the square made your the widest point on your body, and equal length up and down. Mine starts at my collarbone, spans the width of my chest, and goes down an equal amount, making an 11" square. Aim for the center of that general area, and you have the most room possible for deviation in the ball's path.

Smart Parts Freak barrel was found to hit 75% of shots in the 6"x 6" at 20m. My frontal profile is 11"x 11". My math came out saying that I could be roughly 35m away, before shots had a statistically relevant chance of missing.

Also, as a side note, the math also came out to say the ball would drop roughly 9" at 20m, a more reasonable range, though I neglected air resistance.

Did I mess up the math, or does it seem pretty reasonable?

The longer out the shot range, the greater the degree your figures will be 'off' due to air resistance. A paintball has terrible aerodynamics.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users