• You cannot reply to this topic

SHOOTING HOT Magazine Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:40 PM

For those new to the paintball and the forums like spec ops and X7of.net or others in general. Sideshow(x7og.net) and a few others are starting up a magazine known as shooting hot. It will be going online October of '09 and I'll be contributing to this aswell as a few others. We need some more writters to help and contribute. If you want to contribute to this, PM DarthSideshow for more details and with your support and a little luck, shooting hot may become the offical magazine for the all those who play woods, outlaw, scenario or paintball in general.

This post has been edited by BIGBOSS_202: 25 August 2009 - 06:27 PM

JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#2 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

it seems like every paintball mag is the official paintball mag...who's running around with the "official" stamp? :(

good luck with this though. it's good to hear someone jump starting something after a long period of businesses and periodicals going under. maybe it's the first few steps out of our economic recession? :fingers crossed:
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#3 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:21 PM

I'm just saying that it can be if the demand gose up. As said, the first issue will go online as a digital version in October and a paper version will be made avalible if the demand rises for it.

#4 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

Can't wait to see it :laugh:

#5 User is offline   Pyrate Jim 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:43 PM

"Shooting Hot" is a term usually reserved for cheating SOB's.
Why would anyone name a publication after such a reprehensible practice?
CT co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6

#6 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:41 PM

I'm not sure about the title. That's something you might wanna ask them. I will say this magazine will have both good and bad reviews on fields, markers, gear and other things that are vital to players but also what not's taken into acount usualy.

#7 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:28 PM

yankee used to be a derogitory term, but the baseball team uses that name..... and redneck is also one, but we have accepted it as a compliment.

but im glad a mag like this is comin out. i miss the paper version, not on the internet recon mag
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#8 User is offline   Sideshow 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sidesh0w

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:05 AM

When a person is shooting hot, they are going beyond a limit set by the field they are at. does not mean they are cheating. Ever chrono your gun, then later it shoot above the limit? then you were shooting hot!! You didnt intend to cheat, you just happened to exceed a limit set.

Shooting Hot is just exceeding limits. Limits in the media, limits in biased thought. Too many mags out there care more about ads then content, and base stories or reviews on the ads they bring in. Afraid that company XYZ will pull ad dollars should a review be printed stating their new product is crap, or the such.

Media is supposed to be un-biased, and honest. not hiding behind who is funding your pocket.

How many mags out now boast their 120 pages, only to find that 75 are fluff and ads, or pictures not even relating to an artical or story? Sorry, but I dont like to open a mag to find the first 10 pages crap, or blocks of 10 pages of crap, and no real content..

50 pages or 200.... were trying to keep it more on content and less on trying to sell a product that everyone already has seen or knows about.

#9 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

View PostSideshow, on Sep 7 2009, 01:05 PM, said:

When a person is shooting hot, they are going beyond a limit set by the field they are at. does not mean they are cheating. Ever chrono your gun, then later it shoot above the limit? then you were shooting hot!! You didnt intend to cheat, you just happened to exceed a limit set.

Shooting Hot is just exceeding limits. Limits in the media, limits in biased thought. Too many mags out there care more about ads then content, and base stories or reviews on the ads they bring in. Afraid that company XYZ will pull ad dollars should a review be printed stating their new product is crap, or the such.

Media is supposed to be un-biased, and honest. not hiding behind who is funding your pocket.

How many mags out now boast their 120 pages, only to find that 75 are fluff and ads, or pictures not even relating to an artical or story? Sorry, but I dont like to open a mag to find the first 10 pages crap, or blocks of 10 pages of crap, and no real content..

50 pages or 200.... were trying to keep it more on content and less on trying to sell a product that everyone already has seen or knows about.

Thank you for filling in the blanks on the title Sideshow. I'm full agreement because of the way things are as far as content go. There is a lack of substance in todays media or it's slanted, biased, sensationalized or just tabloid gossip that has no place in jernalism.

#10 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:06 AM

View PostBIGBOSS_202, on Sep 8 2009, 12:57 AM, said:

...that has no place in jernalism.

Gross mispelling either...typos happen from time to time, but frequent spelling negligence will damage your efforts at sustaining credibility of your magazine among it's intended audience. I think you meant, journalism. Good luck with your venture, and have fun.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:56 AM

Warpaint...or what's more commonly known as "SpellChecka!!!" :laugh:
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#12 User is offline   Sideshow 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:16 AM

Boss is one of our contributing writers for various columns. Anything submitted is cleaned up :laugh: Heck you should see the grammer erros and such of the raw material submitted from all writers...lol..no one is perfect :P

This post has been edited by Sideshow: 08 September 2009 - 10:17 AM

#13 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:46 AM

View Postkage83, on Sep 8 2009, 12:56 PM, said:

Warpaint...or what's more commonly known as "SpellChecka!!!" :P

View PostSideshow, on Sep 8 2009, 01:16 PM, said:

Boss is one of our contributing writers for various columns. Anything submitted is cleaned up ;) Heck you should see the grammer erros and such of the raw material submitted from all writers...lol..no one is perfect :)

And as someone once told me, "It is a small mind that can only spell a word one way!" Usually I don't point out people's spelling challenges, however, in this case it seemed appropriate advice. Carry on.

This post has been edited by Warpaint: 08 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Sideshow 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:41 AM

View PostWarpaint, on Sep 8 2009, 10:46 AM, said:

"It is a small mind that can only spell a word one way!"

LOL I gotta remember that..

#15 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:46 PM

View PostSideshow, on Sep 8 2009, 02:41 PM, said:

View PostWarpaint, on Sep 8 2009, 10:46 AM, said:

"It is a small mind that can only spell a word one way!"

LOL I gotta remember that..

Yes, great quote. I actually heard that from an English teacher back in HS... seemed strange coming from him :P.

@ Sideshow: I get your explanation of "shooting hot"... but I still don't like it. Just because you don't "intend" to do something doesn't mean it's okay. Involuntary manslaughter still means someone is dead, clearly that's extreme but you get the point. Shooting hot is still a form of cheating, regardless of how you try to justify it. In naming your mag, you do actually intend to shoot hot w/ it's content so it's a nice play on words, very creative. But still...

I like the idea of the mag, writing things w/out concern for sponsors/ads, it's very noble. But the title just brings to mind the opposite of being noble.

That said, a title isn't going to keep me from reading. When it drops I'll be sure to check it out. Good luck w/ the release.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users