• You cannot reply to this topic

Hammer 'posture' What's the best way to tote one? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:48 PM

I'm working on building my own Hammer, and I'm thinking about trying to rig up a grip/sling that lets me fire from the hip-think Rambo or Heavy Weapons Guy. For sheer cool factor, honestly. I like this setup because it seems like it would be comfy, and I can still move it around just fine. However, I've never shot a Hammer before. Is this a useful stance, or will I always be holding it more like a traditional gun to get decent shots?

#2 User is offline   Custom Cowboy 

• Heavy Gunner in a Kilt
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Custom Cowboy

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:23 AM

Unless you have an e grip in the center that fires both guns, you'll probably want it centered on your chest or stomach. Having it there puts the crank in a comfortable place for you to reach at all times. Most of us(or at least the 8 or 9 that I've met besides me and me) use a harness or else strap it to our vest by the shoulder point alice clips. I personally like the alice clips on a Cops911/SpecOps vest because it takes the stress off of your neck which you can really feel with a regular strap. If you are only going to use it for short periods of time then a harness around your neck is fine, but if you plan on running with it for an hour or more at a time, then a vest with clips is a must. It really eases up the strain on your body. Mine weighs 12 pounds without paint or air in the lower tank, so that alone will take its toll after a day of running. The toll it takes is seriously lessened if I can more evenly distribute the weight on my body. So my advice, try to keep the gun as centered on your torso as possible, or else have a really good chiropractor who will understand your paintball obsession. I do both and it seems to work out for me.
www.shatteredangelspaintball.com

#3 Guest_dead man rcpc_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:30 PM

View PostCustom Cowboy, on Dec 29 2007, 02:23 AM, said:

Unless you have an e grip in the center that fires both guns, you'll probably want it centered on your chest or stomach. Having it there puts the crank in a comfortable place for you to reach at all times. Most of us(or at least the 8 or 9 that I've met besides me and me) use a harness or else strap it to our vest by the shoulder point alice clips. I personally like the alice clips on a Cops911/SpecOps vest because it takes the stress off of your neck which you can really feel with a regular strap. If you are only going to use it for short periods of time then a harness around your neck is fine, but if you plan on running with it for an hour or more at a time, then a vest with clips is a must. It really eases up the strain on your body. Mine weighs 12 pounds without paint or air in the lower tank, so that alone will take its toll after a day of running. The toll it takes is seriously lessened if I can more evenly distribute the weight on my body. So my advice, try to keep the gun as centered on your torso as possible, or else have a really good chiropractor who will understand your paintball obsession. I do both and it seems to work out for me.

Like This.
[attachment=20878:house_022.JPG]
[attachment=20879:img_70491.jpg]

#4 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:09 PM

View PostCustom Cowboy, on Dec 29 2007, 03:23 AM, said:

Unless you have an e grip in the center that fires both guns, you'll probably want it centered on your chest or stomach.

Actually, I'm going to be rigging up both E-Grips to a single joystick trigger located between and behind the guns.

#5 User is offline   Custom Cowboy 

• Heavy Gunner in a Kilt
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Custom Cowboy

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:39 PM

Well then you can easily mount it Rambo M60 style, but its going to be hard on your body after a short period of time.
www.shatteredangelspaintball.com

#6 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:56 PM

Yeah, I was going to try and rig up a full harness attached to my vest for it to distribute the weight around (Have attachment points at the shoulders and waist, and try and get it so it'll hang itself to begin with). I was going to run a belt around the bottom of my vest with a carabener attached to the gun, so it can rotate around and I can hold it in front if needed. I doubt I'll be running this thing steady for a long period of time (This is less a new main and more an 'OK, NOW I'm (annoyed), time to bring out the big guns!' kind of weapon).

#7 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:42 AM

Well, if you're adding a joystick, maybe this will give you some ideas? The only thing you'd have to overcome is the height of the big hoppers... but if you bolt a bar underneath the front crossbar of the DT frame (assuming you have an equalizer kit, or a custom frame of similar design) which will point forward, then bend up, then bend back either over or just in front of the hoppers, it would probably work. I just hope you have a field owner willing to let you use it!
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#8 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:34 PM

Will you be using A-5's or some other marker for your project?
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#9 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

I'm looking to build a man-pack version of this:
Posted Image

I'll be stripping it down for weight a little-no tripod, no lights and such. But you get the idea.

#10 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

look for someone on Damage Inc, they have a similar version of that, but man-portable, theyre on MCB as well i think. (many of their members have KPs and KLs and K somethings)
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#11 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:06 PM

Yeah, I've seen RoBo's rig, but his uses a Firestorm crank-type setup attached to a little electric motor, which was veto'd by the D-Day staff (I want to be able to use it there). However, it will probably be similar, inasmuch that it'll have a foregrip as well and a rear-mounted trigger for the guns. And Dishkas.

#12 User is offline   Erndogg 

• Team Suburban Support
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Erndogg

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:53 AM

Ive seen and held the "Arm Cannon" that Gunner79 (I think those are the right numbers) built with the 2 a5s with the 1 egriped trigger frame. It is a beast to carry one armed. After using it he complained of Arm troubles for some time.

#13 User is offline   animal70X7 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:animal70X7

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:08 AM

The guy from Scenario Dreams makes an integrated trigger set-up for these. It was posted on PBN in the custom markers section.

#14 User is offline   foster 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:03 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Jan 7 2008, 06:06 PM, said:

Yeah, I've seen RoBo's rig, but his uses a Firestorm crank-type setup attached to a little electric motor, which was veto'd by the D-Day staff (I want to be able to use it there). However, it will probably be similar, inasmuch that it'll have a foregrip as well and a rear-mounted trigger for the guns. And Dishkas.

For the record Damage Inc does NOT use any type of crank or motor.

My hand decided that the time was nigh
And for a moment it slipped from view
When it returned, it fairly burned with
Confidence anew… -N.C.

#15 User is offline   the hittmann 

• I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

Yeah, don't you guys use respone trigger with very small cables hooked to paddles to fire it.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users