Special Ops Paintball: Has Anyone Used This Stuff? - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has Anyone Used This Stuff? Extreme Rage Barrel Treatment Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   GhostFlanker 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 105
  • Joined: 23-August 08

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:20 PM

Has anyone seen or used this? It seems like marketing hype, but I'm just wondering if anyone has used it.
0

#2 User is offline   Florentine 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,356
  • Joined: 27-December 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:22 PM

Its bull crap. You never want to put anything down your barrel. Even the oil from paintballs will make you shoot differently. I would never buy that stuff.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."
0

#3 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

  • LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,808
  • Joined: 04-September 05
  • Location:somewhere behind you in Oregon

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:34 PM

reminds me of the Armson barrel treatment and of the Rain-X trick.....what these all do are just polish your barrel
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?
0

#4 User is offline   Tenacious221 

  • ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 10,086
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kirkwood MO
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:43 PM

Just wash your barrel in warm water after every day of play and you'll do fine. Barrel treatments do little, if anything at all.

-Tenacious
0

#5 User is offline   paintballfrk 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 304
  • Joined: 11-August 07

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:57 PM

I dont think it would do anything at all and i dont see how t could possibly make it shoot farther while maintaining the same velocity.
0

#6 User is offline   LoopyDood 

  • Evacuate the Earth
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 554
  • Joined: 22-September 07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:15 PM

View Postpaintballfrk, on Sep 14 2008, 12:57 AM, said:

I dont think it would do anything at all and i dont see how t could possibly make it shoot farther while maintaining the same velocity.

Nobody said it would maintain the same velocity. Not that I'm defending this, or anything...
0

#7 User is offline   Silent-7 

  • Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,088
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Highlands Ranch, CO
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:18 PM

^^^ It has to maintain the same velocity. That's why you chrono. I suppose you could argue for an air efficiency increase then, but that would be negligably small. And that's if the stuff even works.
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   paintballfrk 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 304
  • Joined: 11-August 07

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:19 PM

View PostLoopyDood, on Sep 13 2008, 10:15 PM, said:

View Postpaintballfrk, on Sep 14 2008, 12:57 AM, said:

I dont think it would do anything at all and i dont see how t could possibly make it shoot farther while maintaining the same velocity.

Nobody said it would maintain the same velocity. Not that I'm defending this, or anything...

well they said it would make the ball shoot farther and im just saying it would be impossible to do that without increasing velocity
0

#9 User is offline   Tenacious221 

  • ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 10,086
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kirkwood MO
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:23 PM

View Postpaintballfrk, on Sep 14 2008, 12:19 AM, said:

well they said it would make the ball shoot farther and im just saying it would be impossible to do that without increasing velocity


Right, 300fps is 300fps is 300fps. Doesn't matter if you shoot it from a paintball marker or throw it with a catapult.

-Tenacious
0

#10 User is offline   stevezissu 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 214
  • Joined: 01-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:missoula mt
  • Brigade Name:stevezissu

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:26 PM

View PostTenacious221, on Sep 13 2008, 11:23 PM, said:

View Postpaintballfrk, on Sep 14 2008, 12:19 AM, said:

well they said it would make the ball shoot farther and im just saying it would be impossible to do that without increasing velocity


Right, 300fps is 300fps is 300fps. Doesn't matter if you shoot it from a paintball marker or throw it with a catapult.

-Tenacious

actually catapults launch they dont throw
but yeah this is dumb
Sz
0

#11 User is offline   russc 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,099
  • Joined: 06-July 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver, BC

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:26 PM

Has anyone here actually tried the stuff? If not, don't give baseless opinions.
0

#12 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

  • LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,808
  • Joined: 04-September 05
  • Location:somewhere behind you in Oregon

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:39 PM

i have the Armson tech barrel treatment thing... its a whitish-yellowish goo the same as the Rain X chemical goo that my dad has....smells the same too. didnt do squat on any of my barrels....
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?
0

#13 User is offline   JesterTLS 

  • Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 802
  • Joined: 05-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Newton, NC

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:48 AM

Only thing this would effect is friction loss. Smooths the inside of the barrel.


Now some of the older memebrs here remember the days when you didnt buy after market barrels (cause there werent any), you polished the stock barrel down to a mirrow finish. The paintball shops use to sell kits to polish the inside of your barrel even. This is just a new twist on an old thing.
Team ODX (Operational Detachment X-Ray)
OSF Operator's Strike Force
www.scenariosupply.com www.cdpaintball.com
0

#14 User is offline   GhostFlanker 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 105
  • Joined: 23-August 08

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:26 AM

View Postrussc, on Sep 14 2008, 01:26 AM, said:

Has anyone here actually tried the stuff? If not, don't give baseless opinions.

Thanks, I should have been more clear about that. Please, if you haven't used it, don't say it won't work. I don't mind people saying "I don't think it will work because of X, X, X, and X but you can't say for sure if you haven't used it.

View PostCamoDeafie, on Sep 14 2008, 01:39 AM, said:

i have the Armson tech barrel treatment thing... its a whitish-yellowish goo the same as the Rain X chemical goo that my dad has....smells the same too. didnt do squat on any of my barrels....

Nice to know. Thanks!

View PostJesterTLS, on Sep 14 2008, 02:48 AM, said:

Only thing this would effect is friction loss. Smooths the inside of the barrel.


Now some of the older memebrs here remember the days when you didnt buy after market barrels (cause there werent any), you polished the stock barrel down to a mirrow finish. The paintball shops use to sell kits to polish the inside of your barrel even. This is just a new twist on an old thing.

Hmmm, interesting.



I think the whole "Allows you to shoot further" idea pretty much speaks for the whole product. Bullcrap. Thanks guys, I won't be wasting my money on this.
0

#15 User is offline   agentM192 

  • I am the Milkman.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,615
  • Joined: 07-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Westchester County, New York
  • Brigade Name:agentM192

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:39 AM

If you really cant get caked-on gunk out, try boiling water. It works wonders.
The problem with socialism is that you'll eventually run out of other people's money.
MY FEEDBACK!!
Vegetarian (vej `eter`een) n: "Old Indian word for "bad hunter"
Damn you and such. - Stewie Griffin
0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users