• You cannot reply to this topic

AK Conversion Tippmann 98

#1 User is offline   WoodsBallGeneral 

• Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:FurianSabre

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:54 AM

I ordered the AK conversion for M98 we had laying around. I love the look. (Now that marker will actually get some use again:)

Pro's: All I can say for this is the asthetic value due to the fact it adds no actual performance.

Con's: Makes the marker very difficult to disassemble. It has built in nuts so it has to be pried apart to remove. This is really only a problem for the barrel shroud as the stock comes out easily as does the magazine. I believe I may have cracked one of the built in shroud nuts :ghillie: the very first time I disassembled it :)

*The best method I have found is to pry it up slightly, slide a stent underneath the molded nut fixture, then work the other side off slowly.
Oderint dum Metuant
'let them hate, so long as they fear'

#2 User is offline   newb_eater 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:newb_painter

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:25 AM

View PostWoodsBallGeneral, on Sep 17 2007, 11:54 AM, said:

I ordered the AK conversion for M98 we had laying around. I love the look. (Now that marker will actually get some use again:)

Pro's: All I can say for this is the asthetic value due to the fact it adds no actual performance.

Con's: Makes the marker very difficult to disassemble. It has built in nuts so it has to be pried apart to remove. This is really only a problem for the barrel shroud as the stock comes out easily as does the magazine. I believe I may have cracked one of the built in shroud nuts :unsure: the very first time I disassembled it :D

*The best method I have found is to pry it up slightly, slide a stent underneath the molded nut fixture, then work the other side off slowly.

I hvae been looking at that but i was wondering if you hvae to hvae the stock barrel for the barrel shroud to fit?
"IF WE CAN'T DO IT, iT DOESN'T NEED TO BE DONE"

Official Sabre #62

If your parents do not buy you your gear, put this in your sig

#3 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:52 AM

View PostWoodsBallGeneral, on Sep 17 2007, 11:54 AM, said:

Con's: Makes the marker very difficult to disassemble. It has built in nuts so it has to be pried apart to remove. This is really only a problem for the barrel shroud as the stock comes out easily as does the magazine. I believe I may have cracked one of the built in shroud nuts :D the very first time I disassembled it :happy:

Are you referring to the Tippmann AK47 Conversion Kit or another Brand, because there are other AK47 Kits for the 98?

#4 User is offline   Death Envoy 

• Nos Mos Nunquam Intereo
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Death Envoy

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:16 PM

Ugh, this needs a better review. I'm looking into buying one, but I want to know about the materials! The feel! How it works in-game! Does it wiggle around alot?! Does it make the gun unbalenced?! Why do I use so many exclamation points!? Guess I'll never know.

#5 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:33 PM

View PostDeath Envoy, on Oct 4 2008, 10:16 PM, said:

Ugh, this needs a better review. I'm looking into buying one, but I want to know about the materials! It's made of plastic. It seems to be pretty good plastic though. I don't think it would really be put under enough stress to break it during a paintball game though. The feel! It feels alright. My brother said the stock felt a little weird to him but he replaced it with an adjustable stock.How it works in-game! I'm not sure what you mean here. It doesn't have any affect on the performance of the gun. It just kinda sits there. Does it wiggle around alot?! Not that I noticed. I haven't used it in game but I just wiggled the pieces around and they were pretty solid. Does it make the gun unbalenced?! It's just a few pieces of plastic on the front of your gun. Not really enough to completely throw the balance of your gun off. It mostly depends on if you are running remote and the hopper you are using. Why do I use so many exclamation points!? Guess I'll never know.

Feel free to ask any other questions you have.

#6 User is offline   M. Deth 

• Motopsycho
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MOTOPSYCHO

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

View PostDeath Envoy, on Oct 4 2008, 09:16 PM, said:

Ugh, this needs a better review. I'm looking into buying one, but I want to know about the materials! The feel! How it works in-game! Does it wiggle around alot?! Does it make the gun unbalenced?! Why do I use so many exclamation points!? Guess I'll never know.

I bought just the front grip from this kit from Special Ops. I wrote a review on it in a different post today. If the front grip in the kit is the exact same as the one sold by it's self, you are going to have some install issues. Other than that, it is durable feeling plastic. I think it will hold up to a lot of abuse. The actual feel if it seems a bit big & bulky to me. Without the rest of the kit, the grip by it's self looks oddly out of proportion with the rest of the gun. However, I have always liked a rifle style front grip, and I am more comfortable playing with one, so there is an improvement.

However, The front grip I got did not have correctly molded bolt holes. The nuts & bolts don't fit into the recesses molded for them, so they stick out instead of being smooth. Also, the grip did not come with longer receiver bolts. The instructions said to use the original bolts, but they aren't long enough. I had to go buy some from a hardware store.

This post has been edited by M. Deth: 29 October 2008 - 08:10 PM

"Born to bleed, fighting to succeed, built to endure what this world throws at me." - Hatebreed
Special Ops Brigade ID - 161556
Tunka.com - Join over 1600 Denver area players for FREE National Forest games.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users