Special Ops Paintball: Dangerous power - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dangerous power ideas

#31 User is offline   Jonas 

  • Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 442
  • Joined: 20-February 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:19 PM

Who needs to be accurate when you half a hopper in the air?
I shouldn't be saying that, I play pump.
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.
0

#32 User is offline   Iron__Man 

  • My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,814
  • Joined: 05-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

well the grip and dip switches to me is a great idea. it's a great tourney lock system. and i love simplicity. the 2 screws ont he grip come off anf back on in seconds. yea, they could have a couple buttons to change modes, but its really not that big of a deal. either you're gonna shoot in one mode or the other anyways, and seeing as how speedball games last a few minuts you can suffer through one game on a mode i would think. and i like it because it keeps other f8 users from switching to 25 bps on the field and switching back when a ref comes over. and if they think theyre slick by leaving the grip screws out, then it makes it easier fro the ref to eject them, i would think.

as for my paint use, when i play as a hammer (on a rec or scenario) depending on the length of the game, i could use anywhere from 3-10 cases a day. it also depends if the scenario field will refill my scuba tanks, or if there is a dive shop nearby.

for normal paint use, less than 4 cases on a rec day, more on a 2 day scenario. it all depends on what kind of field it is and how much action i see. with the f8 on a rec day, probably 2-3 cases a day. but i also buy paint in bulk. mostly i buy 10 cases at a time.

ps- the balls werent colliding. i shot a few up like clays, and ramped and shot them out as they were falling. it was sick. the guns shoots fine out the box, but it does take a little to break in the reg as stated before. i know that much. lol. as for the people who mistake my marker for an ego, wether or not they're stupid, well, that's them calling it an ego, not me. lol. i think it is kinda silly myself. but i am pretty much one of a very small handfull of people in the area who own an f8, so i can see that it isnt a well known silouette. heck, when i first started playing i thought the autocockers were freakin wierd looking with all te plumbing that went on the front. lol.

This post has been edited by Iron__Man: 15 July 2008 - 02:20 PM

Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-
0

#33 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,243
  • Joined: 12-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Butler County, Oh

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:23 PM

Why do you need to change modes with out taking apart the grips? I doubt you play xball or tournys where you need to change modes mid-game, so quick mode changing is really irrelivant.
a.k.a. old_school_player (techpb), paintsoldier (MCB), paintsoldier8 (PbN)
0

#34 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

  • that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,577
  • Joined: 24-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:05 PM

View PostIron__Man, on Jul 15 2008, 05:15 PM, said:

well the grip and dip switches to me is a great idea. it's a great tourney lock system. and i love simplicity. the 2 screws ont he grip come off anf back on in seconds. yea, they could have a couple buttons to change modes, but its really not that big of a deal. either you're gonna shoot in one mode or the other anyways, and seeing as how speedball games last a few minuts you can suffer through one game on a mode i would think. and i like it because it keeps other f8 users from switching to 25 bps on the field and switching back when a ref comes over. and if they think theyre slick by leaving the grip screws out, then it makes it easier fro the ref to eject them, i would think.

as for my paint use, when i play as a hammer (on a rec or scenario) depending on the length of the game, i could use anywhere from 3-10 cases a day. it also depends if the scenario field will refill my scuba tanks, or if there is a dive shop nearby.

for normal paint use, less than 4 cases on a rec day, more on a 2 day scenario. it all depends on what kind of field it is and how much action i see. with the f8 on a rec day, probably 2-3 cases a day. but i also buy paint in bulk. mostly i buy 10 cases at a time.

ps- the balls werent colliding. i shot a few up like clays, and ramped and shot them out as they were falling. it was sick. the guns shoots fine out the box, but it does take a little to break in the reg as stated before. i know that much. lol. as for the people who mistake my marker for an ego, wether or not they're stupid, well, that's them calling it an ego, not me. lol. i think it is kinda silly myself. but i am pretty much one of a very small handfull of people in the area who own an f8, so i can see that it isnt a well known silouette. heck, when i first started playing i thought the autocockers were freakin wierd looking with all te plumbing that went on the front. lol.

How much is it to buy 10 cases at a time? and how often do you go? Sicne I don't use even close to that much paint when I play (fairly consistently shooting 15 bps all the time anyways), I don't ever buy more than one case at a time because I don't want the paint to go bad.


On an average rec day I use a bit over half a case, and this isn't me being conservative either. This is when I go to BYOP at my fields and don't care how much I shoot because its not way over priced like my local fields charge...

I guess since the F8 isn't super popular it could maybe be mistaked with another poppet but its not really similar looking to any. I'm hoping the reg is already broken in on mine, but I don't know how much teh previous owner has played with it. I still want a tadao to make a yakuza board for it. I'm in love with little screens on guns.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...
0

#35 User is offline   Iron__Man 

  • My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,814
  • Joined: 05-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

well usually when you buy that many cases you get a better deal. most paintball stores make the most money off of paint sales. so the more they move the faster they move it, the more they make. what might cost a player like yourself 35 a case i might get for 30 because i'm buying so much. i think i heard somewhere the average retail markup in paintball is 35%. thats how much of the price is sposed to be profit either for the store or manufacturer. i'm not a business major so dont quote me... you get the picture. so if i buy 10 cases i save 50 bucks, but still end up paying 300 bones a shot. sometimes if i have whole cases left over i will either sell them for what i paid, or keep them for next time. rarely do i keep paint for more than 2 weeks in a row.

now because i shoot so much i also can afford the crappier stuff, so sometimes i get real lucky and get paint for 20-25 a case. but that's all about timing and who you know kinda stuff.

now when i started i was exactly like you. about half a case for a rec day, and sometimes a whole case if i went nuts. but you gotta remember that i'm feeding 2 markers, so what might actually be 3 cases worth of trigger time on the DT really ends up mowing through 6 cases.

this is probably one of the MAIN reasons there are so few hammers out there. it does get really expensive over time. so ive been taking a break over the summer to catch my wallet and breath until early august and the end of september.


ps- ok so with the g3 and new rev, which is the better buy? i love my f8 because of the simplicity, speed, weight, and all round gnarly-ness. i love the dipswitches for the board, and would like to get another DP marker with that feature. i havent been on here or at a paintball shop in a while so info about the g3 and rev are still a bit hazy to me. whats your input on the comparison of the 2?

This post has been edited by Iron__Man: 16 July 2008 - 08:09 AM

Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-
0

#36 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,243
  • Joined: 12-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Butler County, Oh

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:20 PM

Well, the REVI is DP's most expensive marker, so it would be expected that it would be superior to the rest of their marker line.
a.k.a. old_school_player (techpb), paintsoldier (MCB), paintsoldier8 (PbN)
0

#37 User is offline   motoguy1251 

  • Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,517
  • Joined: 11-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Big Rapids MI
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

I cant seem to find any info on the Rev-I. I know it hasnt released yet but usually there is some info on it.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more
0

#38 User is offline   Iron__Man 

  • My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,814
  • Joined: 05-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

View Postmotoguy1251, on Jul 16 2008, 05:55 PM, said:

I cant seem to find any info on the Rev-I. I know it hasnt released yet but usually there is some info on it.


i'm in the same boat. i went to DP's website, but other than a paragraph and a few pictures, thats all i could find. but it looks freakin sexy!
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-
0

#39 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,243
  • Joined: 12-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Butler County, Oh

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:43 PM

I know you guys don't want to hear this, but, I'd look around PBNation. There are actually some helpful guys in the DP section.
a.k.a. old_school_player (techpb), paintsoldier (MCB), paintsoldier8 (PbN)
0

#40 User is offline   Iron__Man 

  • My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,814
  • Joined: 05-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:11 AM

yea, thats one of my main sources for DP info. but just that section... the rest of that place is evil. lol.

its kinda like walking around in spencers with your mom... you just dont look, you walk till you get to the register, ring up, and leave. lol.

This post has been edited by Iron__Man: 17 July 2008 - 12:12 AM

Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-
0

#41 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

  • that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,577
  • Joined: 24-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:03 AM

View PostIron__Man, on Jul 17 2008, 03:11 AM, said:

yea, thats one of my main sources for DP info. but just that section... the rest of that place is evil. lol.

its kinda like walking around in spencers with your mom... you just dont look, you walk till you get to the register, ring up, and leave. lol.


I HATE Canada Post...

So far my f8 is about 21 hours late... It was guarenteed to be at my house yesterday before noon.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...
0

#42 User is offline   Iron__Man 

  • My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,814
  • Joined: 05-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:25 AM

thats harsh bro. i hope you get it soon. when i got mine it wa slike christmas... i slept next to it. lol.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-
0

#43 User is offline   M.O.P. 

  • Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,193
  • Joined: 25-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ash's Barn

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:17 PM

hey iron man mind sending me a pic of yer f8 with everything on it (hopper and tank)
........................
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.
0

#44 User is offline   Iron__Man 

  • My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,814
  • Joined: 05-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa FL
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:15 PM

yea, i should have my camera soon.

but for now, i'll describe it.

its the green and black version, with the flip ASA, and the magna hopper is the stock smoky blue color. i have a carbon fiber 68/4500 pure energy tank.

what i like the most about the magna on the f8 is how far back it sits. it allows someone even as large as me to play bunkers ubelieveably tight. i would reccomend it to everyone. right out the box the magna kept up with my f8 on 25 bps ramping. no setting changes, no nothing. just added batteries and BLAM... buzz saw. my friend who bought his 08 ego the same time, was actually jealous of how easy everything was for me to get it up and running. it took him a week to get his ego programmed and working. almost nobody was useful in helping him. not to mention his halo. god that thing was cursed. we bought everything brand new, and it looks like i was the one who made all the right choices. lol.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-
0

#45 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

  • that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,577
  • Joined: 24-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:13 PM

View PostIron__Man, on Jul 17 2008, 02:25 PM, said:

thats harsh bro. i hope you get it soon. when i got mine it wa slike christmas... i slept next to it. lol.


It finally came :D I don't really like the colours (red and black) but I couldn't turn it down for $300, Plus, colours won't really make a difference when I'm playing.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...
0

Share this topic:


  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users