• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What to do with wipers Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Agnoeo 

• The lunatics are in my head
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:17 AM

This happened to me the other week. I play Stock Class so I can't have 3-4 balls hitting a dude and a lot of wipers see it as a luck shot, which was quite the opposite. Anyways a player I clearly hit on his knee when it was exposed a little brought it back in, waiting for him to yell out didn't hear anything. When he exposed himself again you could see he tried to wipe. I called a ref over, and the ref couldn't tell. (No anger torwards the ref, sometimes its hard to tell if its from the last game.) Seeing as he was back in I told my two team mates that I hit him and he's a wiper so when they flank him just be sure to hit him several times so there's no doubt. While they flanked him and drew his attention, I got a chance to run and bunker him. I was very nice about it because I just told him to surrender, with my barrel at his face and said "I guess this makes you out now unless you want to wipe again I'll be more than happy to take this shot at this close of range." Note: I didn't even have my finger on the trigger and would never shoot anyone purposly at that close of range in the mask. I just needed to scare him a little. Make him gain a little respect for the game and wanted him to realize damn, this guy could have really paid me back, but instead was merciful...After the game the kid actually apologized for wiping and thanked me for not trying to get revenge. I told him we were cool and he's lucky it was me, that some people are not as kind.

So there's my method, I don't light up a person, or try to make them "pay" atleast not using pain. I just make it obvious that I knew they wiped, and its unacceptable.
III - One Ball, One Shot, One Kill South East Brigade Patches Coming Soon! Special Ops Pump Crew
So if a pilot scratches his multi million dollar F22, does that raise his auto insurance rates?? -Legato

#32 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:38 PM

As i have said im not opposed to bonus ballling wipers and cheaters but i dont ever do it to new kids becasue maybe they just havent gotten the jist of how important sportsmanship is to the game, and karma will take car of itself for him, If I see someone I know who is experienced to the game i will go ahead and remind them of the pain of cheating with a few bonus balls

Call it stooping to thier level, I call it Newton's Thrid law of Motion. Your ACTION of wiping to remove the spot has the OPPOSITE REACTION of me placing more spots on you.

to be fair though id rather let a person walk away than give up my position anyway, besides if i can pop somebody and them not know where im at it must be a great spot right :D :ghillie:
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

#33 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:14 PM

View PostViolator, on Mar 31 2009, 01:19 AM, said:

Score one for the space monkey! :D I hate cheaters as much as anybody, but playing in an unsafe manner just lowers yourself to their level.

Hehe, space monkey. I can't decide if I should change the avvy or not.

Anyways, Guy In Digi Camo, I wouldn't even call a few extra balls headed their way stooping to their level, but the previous act of blasting away from 5 feet definitely would be. You'd be fine in my book to place a few more spots on the more experienced bodies :ghillie:. Besides, it those players that are keeping this sport going, teaching the new/newer players, displaying how it's played the right way by fiercely competing at times and still remaining great sports. It's all good.
-Ty

This post has been edited by TyTy: 31 March 2009 - 10:15 PM

#34 User is offline   DaggerofBWUK 

• Theknightofbwuk-dagger styley
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

I have been know to barrel tag wipers, no matter how tempting it was to pistol whip them xD. But I'm better than that, however at long range it is hard to see the target hits, so to make sure I DO keep shooting, I am using a 5" barrel on an A5 making it highly inaccurate the chances of me hitting the target more than 2 times is extremely dismal, yet alone hitting the target. Medium range the paintballs are visible and I will call the target out before he has the chance to look (force of habit). Close range, they freaking know....
"May be the new kid on the block
but that don't really matter
'Cos I is from Gloucestershire
and I can drive a tra-ar"

#35 User is offline   protocoach 

• Is there redemption? No. No there is not.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:PROTOCOACH

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:23 PM

I don't get too worked up over it, even when I'm pumping. People wipe, just shoot them again. If there's a ref around, tell the ref. Personally, I always shoot at the head, because A. it's much easier to take a hit in the mask and B. it's much harder to wipe a hit in the mask.
Oklahoma D-Day '05 (352nd ID), '06 (352nd PJ), '07 (352nd PJ), '08 (352nd PJ), '09 (352nd PJ). It was a good run.

#36 User is offline   Wrzesinski 

• Gives his $.02
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wrzesinski

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:37 AM

im not 100% on this but are pepperballs legal on the field? if so it would be the ultimate deterrent against wipers, ive found two companies that sell them but i wont put up links in case its braking a rule about shooting things other than paintballs out of markers...they are paintballs...but they are filled with pepper powder instead of paint...idk and i dont want to get in trouble so im just going to be quiet
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
Being too awesome :P

Who has the best girlfriend in the whole wide world? ME!

#37 User is offline   protocoach 

• Is there redemption? No. No there is not.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:PROTOCOACH

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:06 AM

View PostWrzesinski, on Apr 26 2009, 02:37 AM, said:

im not 100% on this but are pepperballs legal on the field? if so it would be the ultimate deterrent against wipers, ive found two companies that sell them but i wont put up links in case its braking a rule about shooting things other than paintballs out of markers...they are paintballs...but they are filled with pepper powder instead of paint...idk and i dont want to get in trouble so im just going to be quiet

Nope, that would put you quite squarely into "assault" territory.
Oklahoma D-Day '05 (352nd ID), '06 (352nd PJ), '07 (352nd PJ), '08 (352nd PJ), '09 (352nd PJ). It was a good run.

#38 User is offline   Tribs 

• Real men use 12 grams
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:18 AM

View Postprotocoach, on Apr 26 2009, 10:06 AM, said:

Not to mention that it wouldn't just be the person that you hit being affected by it. It would get on everyone who was nearby them. Don't even get me started on what would happen if you chopped the ball when you were shooting it.

#39 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:23 AM

View Postprotocoach, on Apr 26 2009, 10:06 AM, said:

Not to mention, I believe pepperballs are still VERY restricted, mostly to LE. I know there were come civilian pepperball applications in development, and while I don't know if those were successful, you did need need to go through some certification or registration process to purchase these.

It's very tempting, but becoming a "vigilante" of sorts to stop wipers is just not the right way to go about changing wiper behavior. In addition to that, if you get caught for bonus-balling, it's your word against the wiper's, and if the ref can't decide who is telling the truth, both of you are going to be ejected.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#40 User is offline   C.Hathcock 

• Woodsballer!!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:C.Hatcock

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:20 AM

Be sure to point them out to everyone around. Nothing like public humiliation to make you re-think your play.
Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. -Thomas Jefferson

#41 User is offline   Caissey 

• Mmm Tasteeos Rock
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tasteeos

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:18 AM

Just unload on them if you have the shot still..Try playing a game with two wipers that are standing right next to each other in a game when I got them out several times and they weren't even shooting at where I was. I ended up running out of paint on them and I walked away to get more, came back and told them to get out of the game.

#42 User is offline   Scouting Sniper 

• Sniper
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:emerald.kontact

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

Well, when I played some outlaw this weekend there wasn't a wiper, but the guy had his gun up and was walking towards the dead box. One of my team mates walked past him, and he lowered his gun and shot my teammate. The team mate went to the dead box and talked to the owner of the field. After the game the owner of the field took him aside and said that cheating is not tolerated and if you do it again you are going home. In my opinion that is the best thing to do, in the same case as a wiper.

1) Play fair. Ignore the fact that someone else cheated until AFTER the game.
2) Discreetly go up to the owner/ref and let them know what happened. Give the player a warning, if he has already had a warning, boot him.
Christian 'Baller

If you are under 16 and pay for your own gear, put this in your signature.

Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio

#43 User is offline   OICU812 

• OICU812
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Sturmbock

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:18 PM

Do the same thing to them as a person who won't call themselves out:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HnCMg3g9Yrs

#44 User is offline   wieczorek24 

• Don't go into the long grass!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chavez

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:09 PM

me and my one ball/second will do just that then... ;)
<div align="center">
<a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=142281&hl=lethal" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Feedback +4/-0<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a></div>

#45 User is offline   Wolfspyda 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Wolfspyda

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

View PostGreen Army Men, on Mar 20 2009, 10:52 AM, said:

View PostKa1iBuR, on Mar 16 2009, 07:50 PM, said:

Bonus ball.

Tryed this?

My theory on wipers is to pepperball his arse. that might teach them a lesson or you can just go for the throat on the next shot. we had some really bad paintballs awhile back and the fill was like toothpaste. cant wipe that off will tell you now

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users