• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Combat Engineers Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Tengu Joker 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:20 PM

I know that scenario style games often involve "tanks" or bridges or buildings that need to be "blown up". Instead of having a specialty position like Tank Hunter or Demolitions why not just call them Combat Engineers? That's your tank hunter, demolitions, trap layer etc all roled into one. Whoever plays in this role would have to have some kind of idea of what his missions would be primarily for that day but it could be a versatile position. The main problem I see with it is that it could require a lot of specialty equipment.

#2 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:55 AM

Combat engineers have been suggested many times. Personally, I like the idea. Combat engineers are multitalented. They take out buildings, rebuild them, lay mine fields, etc etc.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#3 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:09 AM

Not a bad idea...unlike many new position ideas, this one is pretty flexible & covers alot of potential on-field activities.
I seem to spend alot of my scenario time doing this sort of thing, so I have put together a special scenario tool bag so I can fabricate props on the fly - so dont worry about equipment. Anyone who is a big enough paintball geek (like me) will have no problem finding the gear they need.

#4 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:32 PM

First time I've read a proposal of this, though I'm sure it's come up before. However, this is one I do support. Flexible enough to be a general position, but different enough to not be truly covered elsewhere.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#5 User is offline   SGT Havoc 

• SGT Havoc
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGT Havoc

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

i think this is a good idea it also allows the engineer to defend himself on the field i think that a engineer mixed with a dagger would be a good idea light weight weapon, but could firing rate not that much ammo and what ever supplies u need to be an engineer
"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
Official Broadsword #88

i call her Vera
25 bps

#6 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:53 PM

Hmmm... although this position is directed more or less at big/ urban games rather than woodsball in general, its probably one of the best proposed position I've read.

#7 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:34 AM

second that. Or seventh, or whatever I am. Good thinking!
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users