Redz Pepper Stick Test Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   I Am Oz 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:18 PM

REVIEW:
REDZ PEPPER STICK / 14” / TWO PIECE

The Redz Two piece Pepper Stick barrel is a true fourteen inch overall length. The front section measures in at seven inches with the rear at eight inches.
The Pepper Stick rear pipe has a bit smaller internal diameter, with the front half opening up to a larger bore. The connecting seam is visible looking in from the front pipe, with no visible seam apparent looking in from the opposite end.

The Sticks’ porting consists of twelve inline holes at three even locations around the barrel end, starting at about one and a half inches back from the barrel tip, back to about five and three quarters inches from the front tip.
At the pipe tip itself, there is further porting in the shape of three small, evenly spaced peppers consisting of eighteen very small holes running around the pepper design.

Overall, the Pepper Sticks’ looks are clean and shiny, very shiny. The finish is flawless with no blemishes or ping marks on mine whatsoever. There are cool little peppers lined up on the front half, with the Reds insignia engraved into both sides of the rear pipe. The manufacturer has graciously slotted the rear pipe near the attach point to make it easier for oily fingers to easily grip the barrel for removal / installation.
Internally, the pipes are as smooth as glass with no apparent blemishes, waves or scratches.

TESTING:
SUNNY / 89 DEGREES / 90% HUMIDITY / NO WIND / GAME FACE “SCORCH” & KARNAGE FIELD PAINT (BROWN & CAMO)
270-275 FPS AVERAGE

MARKER: TIPPMANN 98C / 3000-68 PURE ENERGY TANK ON AIR / FLATLINE BARREL(normally) / SHOCKTECH FRONT BOLT / POLISHED INTERNALS / RICOCHET 2KX HOPPER / MADDMANN SPRING KIT / TIPPMANN RESPONSE TRIGGER

Setting up distance marks at thirty, forty-five and sixty foot intervals, I tested ten rounds each on six-inch and ten-inch targets. I cleared the marker with a few test shots, and then shot all rounds on a steadying brace.
I immediately found a problem; the Shocktech front bolt was jamming into the attach point of the Redz barrel, causing the bolt to actually become stuck in the pipe.
A quick turn on the lathe cured this and it was back to testing. (Thanks Matt)

Sixty feet:
The Pepper Stick put seven out of ten into the ten-inch ring with an eight-inch group on the ones that stayed in. The strays cleared the circle to the tune of one on the line and two one-half to two inches outside of the circle.
The six-inch target received nearly the same results, with seven in, and three out of bounds at the one to two inch mark.

Forty-five Feet:
Ten-inch ring: Nine in, with one stray and a three to four inch grouping overall.
Six-inch ring: All in, with a three-inch grouping

Thirty feet:
Owned. Very tight grouping on both targets. No strays.

Keep in mind that I am a Flatline shooter, and even though I was not used to this barrel set up, I was putting round after round onto target with very tight groupings. I played with the barrel a bit more and learned its behavior. Within a few minutes I was able to thread the needle on obstacles and place shots on both targets with consistency.
The Stick is pretty quiet on the scale of "Compared to a Flatline", but then the only thing louder than the Flatty is a grenade.

I noticed that the Redz Pepper Stick likes air at high velocity. In fact, the accuracy increase as you ramp the FPS settings will make your mouth form the word “wow” without being conscious of it.
My son was testing the new Redz Stick on his custom Ion at the same time. At one point, we looked at each other and just grinned at the result that increasing the airflow was having on the targets. The groups get tighter ands tighter with both markers, regardless of the distance.

After many hoppers of paint, the Pepper Stick never cracked a ball. It seems to like the Gameface paint a bit better than the Karnage Field paint, but not to the point that it becomes aggravating or starts slinging wild shots. The Scorch paint just feels better in the barrel. We didn’t have a micrometer available to better measure the paint, but the Stick likes it tight enough to hold in the rear pipe. Anything smaller, and the shots become noticeably less accurate.
Also, we noticed that the Pepper Stick is the exact opposite internal design of our Lucky 15, with the 15 being fat in the rear and slim up front.
My 98C obviously likes the Pepper Stick. Even with the Response Trigger engaged, the barrel showed no signs of errant paint. If you can hold the pipe still with the RT blazing, it will drench things with great accuracy. I was writing words on my fence with the RT. The Redz barrel never puked one up or threw a wild ball all day.

The Redz Pepper Stick is a best buy as far as I am concerned. I’ve played with several very nice barrels and the pepper Stick is right there with the best of the top-enders.

This post has been edited by I Am Oz: 30 August 2005 - 04:07 PM

Never try to corner anything that is meaner than you are

#2 Guest_bookworm_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:50 AM

I Am Oz, on Aug 29 2005, 03:18 PM, said:

REVIEW:

The Redz Two piece Pepper Stick barrel is a true fourteen inch overall length. The front section measures in at seven inches with the rear at eight inches.

7+8=15.

I hears from a friend that it sucked (but then again, he's sponsored by PE and gets $1200+ guns free, so his standards are kinda high)

#3 Guest_DSF_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:58 AM

bookworm, on Oct 2 2005, 12:50 AM, said:

I Am Oz, on Aug 29 2005, 03:18 PM, said:

REVIEW:

7+8=15.

I hears from a friend that it sucked (but then again, he's sponsored by PE and gets $1200+ guns free, so his standards are kinda high)

will i think the extra inch is the threads and seal part on the front part of the barrel... but either then that... sounds dumb.

#4 User is offline   Blackstar 

• Angel Slayer,Contract Killer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Blackstar

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:28 PM

bingo the extra inch is threads that connect the front to the back. This barrel will shoot darts.
This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users