• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Death Penalty ...goes the way of the western wind? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ragedman 

• There's my chip chip.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:I have one, used it once...like π years.

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:15 AM

So apparently all states are banning the death penalty cause it falls under the lines of "cruel and unusual punishment". Appranetly the little mixture of chemicals is very painfull and essintially it eats the human body from the inside out only the convict cant do anything about it because he is given a muscle relaxent prior. There are probly some stories about it on the internet, I just saw it in the newspaper today.

#2 User is offline   ike123 

• Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:18 AM

I haven't heard of this. And my state is one of the ones with the death penalty. Linky to story?
Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.

#3 Guest_Jester3_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:20 AM

If we just give all felons the death penalty it wouldn't be all that "unusual", would it?

#4 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:20 AM

good, i think capital punishment is too permanent anyway.

(you can't bring someone back to life and say "sorry, we goofed")

<Insert Sig Here>

#5 User is offline   ike123 

• PipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:26 AM

View Postmtaylor, on Nov 15 2007, 11:20 PM, said:

In Cali it takes like 2 to 3 years for someone on death row to actually get killed.

#6 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:35 AM

View Postike123, on Nov 16 2007, 12:26 AM, said:

In Cali it takes like 2 to 3 years for someone on death row to actually get killed.

they're still dead, nothing can change that.

<Insert Sig Here>

#7 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:24 AM

i'll be glad to see it go. inmates can be put to far better use than worm food

so far 124 death row inmates have been found innocent and released since 1973. just think how many were innocent and weren't exonerated before they were executed.

the median cost of a capital case, from trial through execution is $1.26 million. non death penalty cases through incarceration were found to have a median cost $740k

we just had a debate on this in my comm 101 class today

This post has been edited by evillepaintball: 16 November 2007 - 01:25 AM

"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#8 User is offline   commando kyle 

• Feel free to salute at any time.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Commando_Kyle

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:55 AM

Rope is cheap. Back in the old days, they didnt let you sit around and wait for death too long. "What you say, the sheriff found you crouched over the body, with a knife, screaming death, and covered in blood? Alright, tomorrow its the gallows."

Done.

Today its...

"What you say, the sheriff ALLEGEDLY found you crouched over the body, SUPPOSEDLY with a knife, screaming death, and covered in blood? Alright, well, first we need to prove it was your knife, that you arent too insane to be tried, that the glove in fact does fit, and that the sheriff didnt have any prejudice towards you that may have made him catch you unfairly."

Dont mind me, I was born a couple years out of my time.
OIF '08 OEF '09-'10
Camo Bandits-"By Force and Valor"

#9 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:08 AM

Cause god forbid anyone is inocent until proven guilty, that's just screwed up. Oh wait....

#10 User is offline   commando kyle 

• Feel free to salute at any time.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Commando_Kyle

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:20 AM

If you read what I said, Im talking about people who are so obviously guilty, but still sit on death row eating my tax money, and trying to appeal.

There is also a wee bit of sarcasm there.
OIF '08 OEF '09-'10
Camo Bandits-"By Force and Valor"

#11 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ambush_alpha67

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:31 AM

lets think about this, u come home to your mothers thrat slit and father shut in the face... the gun is next to your fathers body. its a cold day your wearing gloves so theres no fingerprints. you reach down to see if your mother is dead (comon recaction) you know have your mothersblodd on you, you do the same to your father because you were hopeig theres a slight chance hes still alive. hey guess what! if you follow the ways of the old west like comando kyle says your no gona be hung, injected, electrafies or anyother way of killing someone is done to you... the 1 week later a guy is caught doing the same thing, oops our bad we killed you heres a rose for your grave.

my thoughts. only sick mother......... should be put to death example, Jeffrey Dahmer and so forth. but people who have were barley convicted such as a 4 to 5 vote from a jury. need to be looked over and reinvestigated. a life is worth no amount of money no matter what anyone says.
~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
NJ TITANS!!! HOW WE ROLLL!!!! SOOOOOUUUTTTHHHH SSSIIIDDDEEE!!!!
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#12 User is offline   ike123 

• PipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:54 AM

View Postmtaylor, on Nov 15 2007, 11:35 PM, said:

View Postike123, on Nov 16 2007, 12:26 AM, said:

they're still dead, nothing can change that.

My point is, if they don't find you innocent by then, then they ain't gonna. And I'm talking about AFTER all the appeals which could take years longer. A lot of death row inmates are executed 4 or 5 years after their first conviction. You have PLENTY of time to prove yourself innocent. If you really didn't do it then in the modern age with DNA evidence and such then chances are you can get acquited.

Oh and to EVERYONE that's gonna potentially bring up "well, there was this one guy that spent 10 years in prison for something he didn't do and was acquited..." or something around there, you also have to take into account the timeframe. DNA evdidence has only been admissable in court for something like 20 years, so there could be innocent people still in prison, but they were convicted WITHOUT DNA (well the ones after a certain point no, but you get the point).

BTW emr_ambush_alpha67 You MUST get a unanimous decision by a jury to convict in death penalty convictions.

#13 User is offline   ZombieAtak 

• Settle it the old fasioned way, first guy to die LOSES!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZombieAtak

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:01 AM

I like the way Texas does it.

" Execution is expidited in the cases of heinous crimes where there are more than three credible eye witnesses. In other words, if more than three people saw you do what you did, you don't sit on death row for five years, Jack, you go right to the front of the line." - Ron White

Also, if it's on video. Death.

Now, I'm talking cases of murder. I mean, flat out, murder. Not oh I hit someone with my car by accident and they died. I'm talking about walking into a convinience store, shooting the clerk in the face and taking the cash. I'm talking about the dude that kills his wife because she was cheating on him.

But, I only think that someone should be executed if there is irrefutable evidence that they are guilty. Such as DNA evidence. I'm fine with life sentences if there is doubt.

You will never convince me that someone who has taken EVERYTHING away from another person should be allowed to live. How many people have to die before the killer shouldn't be allowed to live? I say one, that's it.

Yeah, there are innocent people on death row, and innocent people have been executed. But that is not a problem with the death penalty, that is a problem with the judicial system that leads up to the penalty. Example, O.J.. That guy was guilty as sin, but there was enough doubt cast on the case in the eyes of the jury to aquit him. And the exact opposite happens to some other people. They are innocent, but there is enough evidence to convict them.

The system in the US is in dire need of an overhaul, it's broken, it has been for decades.

This post has been edited by ZombieAtak: 16 November 2007 - 09:02 AM

ZombieAtak's Feedback
2nd Place: Outdoor Adventures AFFM Tournament 10/19/2008
Most Valuable Team: OA, Bowie, MD; Battle of the Bulge V 12/14/2008; Kobra Kommand II 3/15/09; Coffee Wars III 6/14/09

#14 User is offline   overt 

• Old enough to know better, too young to care
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:overt

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:07 AM

I am a full supporter of the death penalty no matter how much hate you guys throw my way. I like the texas approach to the whole idea:

if you kill someone in our state, we kill you back.

i don't need some sob story about how the guy/girl wasn't loved enough as a child or if they are insane or not. Of course they're insane, they just killed someone. this issue is very black and white for me, the only grey being self defense.

the problem and flaws in this idea are found only within the justice system, not common sense. because unfortunately all too often those two are separate entities. they say that justice is blind. well that's true because justice has a hard time determining if someone's hands are red with guilt. the theory of the death penalty make's perfect sense to me, but I'll be the first to admit that the practice of it in this country sucks.

I am also in favor of extremely cruel and very unusual punishment for people who committed extremely heinous crimes. not convicted of committing, actually committing beyond all doubt.

Proud EPIC owner #1

#15 User is offline   Styro 

• The eagle is back
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Styro

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:52 AM

bullets. use a bullet rig. it shoots them in the head. it's not cruel because they wont feel it. and it's not unusual, it happens all the time. It's dirt cheap, and it moves fast.

if the continental congress had wanted to take the death penalty away they would have written that in it, heck they used it all the time back then, by hanging. Which apparently they didn't consider cruel and unusual punishment.

Automaggot without a #
Common Sensemy antidrug
Clean as country waters, wild as mountain dew!
Nothing is Nothing in every way there is
Бэўaрэ тгэ цоммуніст

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users