• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

New Balls, New review!

#1 User is offline   evilhaze 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:37 AM

I made a post yesterday asking if anybody tired these Draxxus Triumph balls. Well I went out today to target practice and test them out. And let me tell you, THEY SUCK.
I compared them to the balls I bought from Wal-mart, the TacAmmo balls by Zapp. I didn't really expect as much from wal-mart balls as I did of draxxus balls.
My target, an old army helmet set on a rock and fired at from 20 paces, or in between to 40-50 feet by my stride. My marker, a Spyder MR-1 with a J&J performance 16 inch barrel.
I would say about 1 in 5 balls would go close to the target with the draxxus balls, not hit it, just go close. the balls were all over the place, they spun high, and low and off to the right or left, they were horribly out of round.
For the TacAmmo balls, 4 out of 5 balls hit the target, and the 5th ball probably missed becasue of my aim.
I will try to pawn the 1900 balls off on my buddy who has a full auto marker, he just cares about max paint coverage.
Marker- Tippmann X7, AK-47 fore grip, Palmers Brass Barrel(coated black)
Backup Marker- Spyder MR-1, 16" J&J Performance ceramic barrel
Car- 99 SVT Contour
Local- Ottawa, Canada

#2 Guest_Cheif Crazy Horse_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:39 AM

Odds are you used the wrong insert (or not one at all) and its your fault.

#3 User is offline   evilhaze 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:09 PM

hey buddy, don't defend the SHIZZLY [I DON'T WASH MY HANDS AFTER I WIPE] balls if you haven't used them.
Car- 99 SVT Contour
Local- Ottawa, Canada

#4 Guest_Cheif Crazy Horse_*

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:20 PM

View Postevilhaze, on Sep 8 2007, 12:09 PM, said:

hey buddy, don't defend the SHIZZLY [I DON'T WASH MY HANDS AFTER I WIPE] balls if you haven't used them.

Hey buddy, answer me this, did you use the correct insert, or even have inserts?

Hey buddy, who said I haven't used them?

#5 User is offline   evilhaze 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:40 PM

Hey bud, I said you haven't used them... or you would have posted about their performance in my original thread about these new balls instead of saying you did research on them.... so therefor you are officially full of cak and the balls officially suck

This post has been edited by evilhaze: 08 September 2007 - 02:42 PM

Car- 99 SVT Contour
Local- Ottawa, Canada

#6 Guest_Cheif Crazy Horse_*

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:45 PM

View Postevilhaze, on Sep 8 2007, 02:40 PM, said:

Hey bud, I said you haven't used them... or you would have posted about their performance in my original thread about these new balls instead of saying you did research on them.... so therefor you are officially full of cak and the balls officially suck

I have a feeling you have no idea what your talking about, being that you avoided my question for the second time you must have not used inserts and just expected your barrel to be perfect, NO paint is that bad, you used the wrong insert or didn't at all. So I hope people don't take your review seriously because you failed to do it correctly.These could be great, cheap balls with the right bore size and some people may never know because they listened to you.

But theres always next time!!! So, next time try to be a little more mature and eliminate all the variables, do it the right way :eck:

#7 User is offline   evilhaze 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:50 PM

I bet you are the guy on the board who replies to every topic all the time no matter what, do you ever log off? or is spec-ops your life?? I used a bore micrometer to measure both and my JJ barrel is the exact same size as my stock barrel. They are within .0002 of each other. Name me a tool that can measure more accurately.
Car- 99 SVT Contour
Local- Ottawa, Canada

#8 Guest_Cheif Crazy Horse_*

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:19 PM

View Postevilhaze, on Sep 8 2007, 02:50 PM, said:

I bet you are the guy on the board who replies to every topic all the time no matter what, do you ever log off? or is spec-ops your life?? I used a bore micrometer to measure both and my JJ barrel is the exact same size as my stock barrel. They are within .0002 of each other. Name me a tool that can measure more accurately.

Lol, thats very mature, take cheap shots at my social life. It's just a casual observation but, you don't have many friends do you? You don't seem like the nicest of guys.

And ^that proves to me you hve no idea what you are talking about, it's not about the size of the two barrels in comparision, its about the match between the barrel and paintball, your barrel is either way to big or way to small for the paintball, that's why you are having issues with them, you should invest in a Freak Kit that way you get the right match every time.

Anyways, I think everyone should ignore this post, he use the wrong barrel/ ball match, it is inaccurate at the least.

#9 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:30 PM

Wow, why are these forums going to hell lately?

Both of you knock it off, I didn't even read all of the posts to see who is being more mature, I just know that there's a post, a response, a rebuttal, and an attack going on. Christ, knock it OFF PEOPLE THESE FORUMS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE GOODDDDDDD!!!!!!

Phew, no offense to either of you. But lets go over how this should of been handled...

1st post- fine

2nd- don't ever assume they did something wrong, rather ask a question regarding the procedure, and not assume they're as dumb as a rock. Don't assume because theyre new to the forums that they're new to paintball too.

3rd- Watch your mouth, you look like a dummy when the filters are used here. Be mature, and you will receive maturity.

4th- This whole hey buddy thing? Disrespectful, how do you expect him to answer your questions when you're being a genuine jerk about it?

5th- Again, this hey buddy thing. And the insult, the filter dodge "cak" <excuse me> and your closemindedness towards the performance of the paintballs. How bout you compromise and buy another batch to test again, redoing the procedure, making sure everything is right?

6th- You act like the God of Paint reviews. Stop, name the last time something was done correctly and by tbe book on this forum, we all try, and we all miss a thing or two. Sure paint can be that bad. you never got an old batch that hasn't been removed from the shelves? I got quite a few, so much I open the boxes despite some stores' policies.

7th- Where are you even heading with that statement? Get a life yourself buddy, mature a little bit, and just knock off the insults, both of you, I'm sick of this topic at this point

8th- Cheif... you just did what he did and took cheap shots, stop being slightly hypocritical. You guys... wow...

And to everyone, DONT DISREGARD THIS REVIEW, until more research is done. Sure, you may go out and buy it and it may perform awesomely, but maybe this will lead to where he bought the paint, and how often the store replaces old paint, hm? Hypothetical, but hey you never know. This forum needs a little board room meeting about manners, you guys are turning into immature jerks. Stop, knock it off, get your head on right, and be the bigger guy.

Again I mean no offense by my posts.

did I die for a second there?...

#10 User is offline   evilhaze 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

Thanks TREE FITTY for the input, I think my review is very valid since I used 2 different balls and 2 different barrels and got the same results with the corresponding ball/barrels, the cheap tacammo balls shot straight and the cheap draxxus balls shot wild.
cheif has clearly never shot either by the looks of it and is just upset that somebody called him on his bull poo. I'm not sure why he felt the need to ruin my post in the first place.
Car- 99 SVT Contour
Local- Ottawa, Canada

#11 User is offline   ike123 

• Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

Seriously just stop evilhaze. Don't even mention Cheif again. There's no reason for it, other than to continue a flame war. Let's just go on discussing the review now shall we?

This post has been edited by ike123: 08 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.

#12 User is offline   light-u-up 

• Everybody needs seizures!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:light-u-up

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:29 PM

View Postevilhaze, on Sep 8 2007, 06:54 PM, said:

Thanks TREE FITTY for the input, I think my review is very valid since I used 2 different balls and 2 different barrels and got the same results with the corresponding ball/barrels, the cheap tacammo balls shot straight and the cheap draxxus balls shot wild.
cheif has clearly never shot either by the looks of it and is just upset that somebody called him on his bull poo. I'm not sure why he felt the need to ruin my post in the first place.

You may have gotten a bad batch. You can't rate an item only using it once.

#13 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:40 PM

Aim better.. Thats all :ghillie:

Fv2
Hello everybody. Im back.

#14 Guest_Cheif Crazy Horse_*

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:54 PM

View Postevilhaze, on Sep 8 2007, 03:54 PM, said:

You said earlier that you used a micrometer to make sure the barrels are the same, that defeats the purpose of using two different barrels.

I sujest you read THIS but don't beet yourself up to bad when you realize how wrong you are, everyone makes mistakes in the begging ;)

View Postike123, on Sep 8 2007, 04:18 PM, said:

Seriously just stop evilhaze. Don't even mention Cheif again. There's no reason for it, other than to continue a flame war. Let's just go on discussing the review now shall we?

HORAY! I have cheer leaders! :P

Hehe, just kiddin.

#15 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:57 PM

Lol..... Way to put it Chief

Fv2
Hello everybody. Im back.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)