• You cannot reply to this topic

Multitool A great idea

#1 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

So I was shopping (wishlist only for now) on SpecOPs and I came across this and I thought...Brilliant! A tool that has only (but all) what you need for your marker. Does Tippmann make anything like this? I didn't find anything on their website.

Anybody have one of these? I am curious if it has what you need for Tippmann markers. Well, specifically m98 and a5.

This post has been edited by I.K.E.: 03 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#2 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:24 PM

Rather than a marker / manufacturer specific tool I feel a multi tool should be a MULTI tool, and have been using the VL Tech toolz for years.

Off the top of my head I think for my X7 it is toolless for the pushpins, phillips screw driver, o-ring pick for replacement, and chrono allen key.
I no longer have a functioning wrench as the bolt came out and I put the moving parts 'somewhere safe'.

WRENCH:
Adjustable crescent wrench

ALLEN WRENCH:
Allen wrenches with hardened ball tips for angled entry. Sizes: 1/8th, 3/16th, 1.5mm and 3mm.

SCREWDRIVER:
A narrow flat head screwdriver.

O-RING REMOVER:
An o-ring removal pick for quick and easy o-ring removal.

PAINTBALL BORE SIZER:
Paintball bore sizing holes to help match your barrel to your paint size for increased accuracy and reduced paintball breakage. Sizes 686-688-690.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVERS:
A #1 and #2 phillips head screwdriver.

CARRYING POUCH:
Nylon belt pouch.

Posted Image

http://www.amazon.co...z/dp/B00092CL6U
http://www.pbreview....rod=2669&page=1

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 03 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

#3 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

Eh, a ball sizer isnt used as much in these days with all the barrel kits that force the balls through a specific sized bore anyway. The adjustable wrench is nice, but There are many sizes of allen/hex keys that should be added to make it a true MULTI tool along with everything else<br><br>Edit: Especially since much of the paint i've been seeing is more in the .681-.685 range around my area. <br>

This post has been edited by Private Silver: 03 May 2011 - 05:48 PM

Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#4 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

View PostPrivate Silver, on 04 May 2011 - 12:31 AM, said:

Eh, a ball sizer isnt used as much in these days with all the barrel kits that force the balls through a specific sized bore anyway.
I would say that is a bit contradictory in the reasoning that ball sizers are not required because of barrel kits (There is no value in a ball sizer if there is no choice of barrel kits) - but agree ball sizers are not realy used much.
A ball sizer would be used to check the size before selecting the barrel / insert, but it is just as easy to blow a ball through or hold the ball up against each insert
What is much easier is to let physics do the work and shoot with your regular choice, then change insert if there is an issue.
As well as the ball sizer on the tool I also have a seperate 6 way sizer, but have used them less than I can count on one hand

The adjustable wrench is nice, but There are many sizes of allen/hex keys that should be added to make it a true MULTI tool along with everything else
The more you add to a multitool the bigger and less functional you make it. I have found the sizes involved to be right for an assortment of markers, and the tool convenient to drop in my pocket. I also pack in my gear an allen key multi tool with probably 10 or more sizes on it
<br><br>Edit: Especially since much of the paint i've been seeing is more in the .681-.685 range around my area. <br>

I keep in my gear numerous individual tools, and have possibly 3 full allen key sets in my gear at one time, plus multitools.
I have prepared small sets of spares, and specific allen keys etc for my markers which means I can either just pull out a set and am ready to deal with a specific marker with everything to hand, or if I want to go light only bring the specific items for the marker I am using.

But when going to chrono I'd rather have one tool in my pocket, but not a single allen key that I'm going to put down, and if handing a tool to another player I know I get the whole tool back, rather than hand over a set of allen keys.

I feel the Tech tool covers the requirement of the original poster, plus at current prices as linked in Amazon above - $9

#5 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

Now tippmann do have a multi tool:
http://www.ukscenari...3134&hilit=Tool

#6 User is offline   NC.Tactician 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

All I use is a Swiss army knife and an Allen wrench set.

#7 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

i have all kinds of multi tools, i have even made a few very rudimentary multi wrenches for my bike, and some paintball gear. but i basically quit carrying them when i would need something that they didnt have. so now i just have a really big collection of multitools that collect dust...lol

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users