• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The co2 thread!! All you ever need to know about co2. Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   special_k 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:49 AM

*sigh* I'm Pro Co2 All the Way, I have tried Air and found it inferior to the correct marker setup when using Co2.

Co2 is as good or better than Air in some applications were electronics are not involved.

For instance My blazer is setup with dual regulators and an anti-syphon Co2 tank set for MY blazer. It works +-5 FPS even in cold weather (below 32 degrees) or hot weather (above 90 degrees) The marker is also set to run at around 350 psi so even in the winter when the Co2 tank has a lower internal pressure it doesn't matter.

With the two regulators I can also keep all liquid out of the blazer and have almost no problems at High Rates of fire for extended periods. The stabilizers of course get cold but the marker does just fine on it.

Now your probably saying for the cost of two stabilizers and an anti-syphon Co2 tank that HPA would be easier and even cheaper way to go. That may be so but Co2 has much more potential energy, you need a bigger HPA tank with Higher pressues to even equal the amount of shots a Co2 tank will give you. This translates into longer playing time and less time standing for a refill.

overall, untill you get that marker that NEEDS it (like the electronic/solenoid thing again) Stick with Co2 and adapt your marker to make it work best for you.

Co2+Regs>HPA ;)

#17 User is offline   arclight642 

• Safety is all of our concern.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:arclight642

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:10 PM

I, too, am quite happy with my CO2 using A5! ;)

Now granted, I dont fire full auto, but running an LPK and Palmers Fatty Reg, I dont vary more than 10FPS on any given shot, get GREAT shots per fill out of my CO2 (*700+ on a 9oz*), and get to use those enny-weeny little 9oz CO2 tanks, allowing me to run air-on-marker and not be tied to a remote coil.

I have often thought about switching to HPA, but every time I do, I think.....why? I have absolutely no problems with my CO2 setup, and therefore have no problems recommending it to others, at least my semi-automatic brothas and sistas!

arclight642
IPB Image

How many balls per second are you going to miss me with? --unknown baller

Do your duty, no matter what may come. --Jacques DeMolay

#18 User is offline   Achilles 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:30 PM

i think that co2 is pretty good, and is great, i use it myself. iof you have all opf thwe stuff to go with it its almost as good as air, but when you are poor highschol student with no job, somtimes saving up for a hpa is good, cause its free refill, plus you can use it on all guns, my freind bopught like 300$ consisting of a ion and upgrades and a hpa, he figured in less than a year his hpa alone would pay for his guna and upgrades cause he dont have to pay for fills, so really, both of them are good. but the person using them should decide.
The sig in this locataion has violated the follown singature rules :
3a. Image File Sizes: Each member is allowed up to 6 images not to exceed total file size of 200 KB (204,800 bytes).
3b. Image Height: Total height of all images is not to exceed 160 pixels.
3c. Image Width: Total width of all images is not to exceed 600 pixels.

#19 User is offline   spedballa 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:13 PM

Keep in mind however that while +/- 10-5 isn't bad with air and the right dwell/reg settings a lot of people average less than +/-3.
*it's me yay* Shhhhhh.

#20 User is offline   Reaper1717 

• ^da eVil leMon^
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Reaper1717

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:45 PM

Very good write up, but one thing is wrong. You can use co2 with an automag as long as it has an A.I.R. Valve. All the other valves can't use Co2 at all.
IPB Image

#21 User is offline   spedballa 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:25 PM

View PostReaper1717, on Aug 25 2006, 05:45 PM, said:

Very good write up, but one thing is wrong. You can use co2 with an automag as long as it has an A.I.R. Valve. All the other valves can't use Co2 at all.

I know reaper, Thanks for pointing that out. I'll edit that in as soon as I get my damn account unbanned in 20 days.

#22 User is offline   Silent J 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:02 PM

Good to see someone pointing out the Pro's of Co2 finally. I have an OG spyder (fat body) that I converted to low pressure (Matching paint / barrel, remote, BOSS regulator, modified verticle adapter, modified valve, modified bolt, sanded + polished trigger, striker, bolt) and it shoots +/- 2 FPS. I've not had a chance to shoot it this winter, but I think I can keep the +/- under 4 FPS even when the temp drops.

Compressed Air has it's uses, but so does Co2. I play as much outlaw paintball as I can, so being able to run all day on one or two tanks is important to me.

It's kind of neat going to local fields, and having the same accuracy as the guys with $1000 markers too ;)

Side Note:
If you use a remote DO NOT use a syphon tube.

#23 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:57 PM

View PostSilent J, on Aug 30 2006, 03:02 PM, said:

Good to see someone pointing out the Pro's of Co2 finally. I have an OG spyder (fat body) that I converted to low pressure (Matching paint / barrel, remote, BOSS regulator, modified verticle adapter, modified valve, modified bolt, sanded + polished trigger, striker, bolt) and it shoots +/- 2 FPS. I've not had a chance to shoot it this winter, but I think I can keep the +/- under 4 FPS even when the temp drops.

Compressed Air has it's uses, but so does Co2. I play as much outlaw paintball as I can, so being able to run all day on one or two tanks is important to me.

It's kind of neat going to local fields, and having the same accuracy as the guys with $1000 markers too :)

Side Note:
If you use a remote DO NOT use a syphon tube.

or an anti-siphon tube :) Siphon tubes are meant to purposely draw up only liquid CO2

#24 User is offline   G36C 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:G36C

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:17 AM

you get a hell of a lot more shots from c02 then hpa thats all i need to know. my 48ci 3000psi tank and 20oz tank are about the same size, im lucky if i get 500 shots out of my 48 and i get over 1000 with my 20oz

This post has been edited by G36C: 27 July 2007 - 10:19 AM

A5 I Opsgear SAW Shroud I Opsgear SAW Drum Mag I Opsgear SAW Stock I Opsgear 16" M4 Barrel I APE v2.0 Egrip I Techted Cyclone I Polished Internals I X7 Hopper I Tasco 30mm Red Dot I Palmers A5 Stabilizer I Tiberius Arms Fore Grip I

#25 User is offline   G36C 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:G36C

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:06 AM

i'll take c02 over hpa any day. i switched to hpa and was gettin dips and spikes constantly problems i never had with c02, and i get twice as many shots out of a c02 tank of the same size hpa tank. i switched back to c02 after 3 weeks

This post has been edited by G36C: 30 July 2007 - 09:08 AM

A5 I Opsgear SAW Shroud I Opsgear SAW Drum Mag I Opsgear SAW Stock I Opsgear 16" M4 Barrel I APE v2.0 Egrip I Techted Cyclone I Polished Internals I X7 Hopper I Tasco 30mm Red Dot I Palmers A5 Stabilizer I Tiberius Arms Fore Grip I

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users