Special Ops Paintball: Giant Big Game XX - Join the forum members unit - Special Ops Paintball

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Giant Big Game XX - Join the forum members unit May 1st, 2011 Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   One Way 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Undermine

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:45 PM

Wow I like the idea of grouping together, but I wish you guys were on the other side. My group usually plays GLC. I told one guy over on the Badger Brigades that was our plan for this year too, but that was before I logged back on here (It's been a couple years, and I could be persuaded). I have been to five GBGs and every time I go I have tried to bring someone new with me. This year there should be at least six of us. None of us play alot, and a couple will be first timers, but for sure we will have a great time. We were talking about camping at the state park right there by the field, is that where you guys stay? Does anyone know where Splat Tag stands on the use of First Strike Rounds? I know that they are an EPO venue, but I have tried contacting them to see if they would/could be including 100rd "cases" of FSRs in the EPO offering at the premium price. I have had zero responce. I had asked Darrin in 2009 if he would be allowing them and he said "sure", but that was before the whole EPO thing and before I got my T9.1. The 09 GBG was a Mess of a good time we spent most of the day just trying to keep a toe hold on the field at the insertion point.

#47 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chl2onic

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

Just because you play for the GLC, doesn't mean we can't party up at the car, and meet everyone. After all it is just a game.

#48 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:02 AM

You can always join us, for the game or for anything else.

Main reason we've gone MWA is that a fair number of us have played that side, including I generaled the MWA in 2009.
Member of Team Akkadian

#49 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:02 PM

18 days!!

#50 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:41 AM

Putting out a final call to all Special Ops forum members.

We need some more guys for the Spec Ops group at GBG. If you're on the fence about this, shoot me a PM. We'll get you shoved over and well in the camp of those coming.

The rules are posted at the event website, nothing too complicated, but I will go over them again myself before the event.

Only thing I'm left debating is... one case or 2 cases.
Member of Team Akkadian

#51 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:53 AM

hahaha, one case for me.. I may regret that as this is my first game using my tm-15, but I was also going to rock a pump for a part of the day, so one should suffice for me.. Plus every year I have left here with a half of case of paint or better... I just don't shoot that much though.

Thalion, the guys over at a5og are good for a few more aside from ym group of 4. It's looking like 10-15 guys from the forums on my end.

#52 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

two days away!!. Look for a huge black ford dually f350 with semi tires on it, and black rims. I will be in that truck with 4 other guys. Otherwise I know I have a lot of guys to meet tomorrow, so I manage to meet you guys. PM me if your interested in trading phone numbers to meet. I'll check all of the forums tonight before bed,.... If I can sleep, lol.

#53 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:27 PM

Less than 12 hours to briefing, less than 13 to game on!

I'll see you on the field. Look for the Omnipat Forge vest with my forum name on it.
Member of Team Akkadian

#54 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:27 PM

Twas a great day :)

#55 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

View Post5N1P3R, on 01 May 2011 - 09:27 PM, said:

Where were you?

I was all over the field today. Ran a lot with DigitalPirate. You should have at least tried to say hi :P

Great game! Now it's too bad I'll never, ever be able to walk right on up to the enemy general's tent again....
Member of Team Akkadian

#56 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

lol I saw 5niper, but he was a TRAITOR!! HE went GLC after half.. He just wanted to stay on the red side. Great game guys, had a hell of a day, and like ALWAYS at a GBG event the weather sucked royally. That's a tradition though.

#57 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:52 PM

I was being....smart ;)

Gotta love when it.......snows.

#58 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:54 PM

View PostThalion, on 01 May 2011 - 09:47 PM, said:

View Post5N1P3R, on 01 May 2011 - 09:27 PM, said:

Where were you?

I was all over the field today. Ran a lot with DigitalPirate. You should have at least tried to say hi :P

Great game! Now it's too bad I'll never, ever be able to walk right on up to the enemy general's tent again....

I was...running around. I didnt even know digitalpirate lived in this region haha. I didnt see you until the VERY end. Someone I was standing with before going to prizes was like... rocking the flannel today thalion. I was like...woah thalion. I know that name!!

#59 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

Yeah it seemed harder to trek that blue side vs the red side. I'm personally not a fan of switching sides at half, lol.

#60 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:32 AM

View Post5N1P3R, on 01 May 2011 - 10:54 PM, said:

I was...running around. I didnt even know digitalpirate lived in this region haha. I didnt see you until the VERY end. Someone I was standing with before going to prizes was like... rocking the flannel today thalion. I was like...woah thalion. I know that name!!

He doesn't. He drove on down just for GBG.

The flannel was a last ditch effort to not freeze. I had planned for a warm day, and was trying to run with my SO Ultralites. Not such a good plan after all.

View Postchl2onic, on 01 May 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

Yeah it seemed harder to trek that blue side vs the red side. I'm personally not a fan of switching sides at half, lol.

Each side has its own trade offs, good and bad. I like the switch personally, because it removes the "well, we would have won, but we had the bad side to work with" argument from anyone (not saying anybody that was there yesterday would make that argument, but it removes the temptation for future events or from some walk-on player somewhere making that statement on a forum or something).

I'm good with either side, personally. Learn the field and how to play each side to its best advantage.
Member of Team Akkadian

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users