Special Ops Paintball: What range do you sight your red dot in at? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What range do you sight your red dot in at? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   EthanB08 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ETHANB

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:15 PM

Just like the title says: What range do you guys sight your red dots in at? Mines set at about 6.91452072 × 10-16 Parsecs, which is about 2.25526515 × 10-15 light years. And for reference I am 5.92673204 × 10-26 gigaParsecs tall.
Spetsnaz, When the only way to kill a terrorist is by a backflipping hatchet attack.

#2 User is offline   hughes8049 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:15 AM

It depends a lot on the barrel you use. For my flatline I dial it in at around 3/4 the max effective range simply because that is where I use it the most. For my smart parts barrel I zero it a little farther towards the max effective range to compensate for ball brop. If you zero closer to your max effective range and you aim center mass, you should at least hit your target anywhere in "normal" paintball range. If you like to take long shots you will have to practice from a variety of ranges and learn reference points of aim to compensate for ball drop.
"It takes more courage to suffer than to die."

-Napoleon Bonaparte-

#3 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:29 AM

Find the effective range of the marker, meaning that you are hitting your target on a consistent basis. So lets say that you have the marker zero'd at 100 feet and every shot is hitting your target. That means everything within 100 feet is now a kill zone. There is no reason why you should not hit your target.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#4 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:29 AM

Hehe I have a red dot that sucks batteries' lives away so I don't use batteries. I just put a small dot on the glass with a dry erase marker and adjust that accordingly :D. When I use the ghost ring on my Phantom I can adjust its sights so I simply only have to know my "kill zone" as Knightwolf put it. Just know that zone and you're set.
-Ty

#5 User is offline   Lothaen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:56 PM

Hello...

You must remember that your paintball gun fires its projectile in an arch. If I sighted my marker in at 50 yards, I would miss headshots at 25 because the trajectory of the paintball would be high at 25 yards... because to hit a target at 50 means that you must LOB the paintball to it. At the height of the paintballs trajectory, you may very will shoot over the heads of other players.

So...

Sight in at a distance where the apex of the paintball is just a few inches high. I sight in at 25 yards / 75 feet. I can put my dot on anything within that range and be certain of a hit without having to hold my dot BELOW my target. Past 25 yards I need to start aiming above their heads.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users