Special Ops Paintball: Air Compressor , what do i need to fill my own tanks? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Air Compressor , what do i need to fill my own tanks? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dog812 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:27 AM

Hey i have a smaller household/garage air compressor, use it for air tools and such..
I would like to fill my compressed tanks.. how do i know if mine will work?
What do i need?
pics of anything you have would be awesome.
Thanks in advance.

#2 User is offline   Ninja Jones 

• Canadian Intergalactic Space Ninja Pimp
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ninja Jones

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:21 AM

A houshould compressor will not compress to 3000+ PSI, so you're kinda out of luck there...

#3 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:48 AM

To fill your own HPA tanks with a compressor, you will need one of these:
Compressor for HPA

You could also fill yours with a Bulk HPA tank (scuba tank)

A cheaper solution to filling your own tanks is use Co2 tanks, get a Co2 fill station and a 20lb or 50lb bulk Co2 tank with siphon tube.

#4 User is offline   grumpy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gadgit

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:03 AM

actualy you can use a shop compressor , however you will also need a booster pump such as this.
http://www.barbeetesters.com/p5.htm
Book of Armaments (Chapter 2, verses 9-21)
...And Saint Attila raised the sprinkler valve up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy sprinkler valve that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou remove thy solenoid and epoxy the pilot hole, then remove the guide rod, then thread your pilot valve directly to the body of thy sprinkler, lest thou increase thy pilot volume by a single iota, then lobbest thou thy nerfs towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall procedeth to the gates of reinsertion."

#5 User is offline   dog812 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:10 PM

damn.. i knew it was too good to be true...
Ok.. so i want to fill my own tanks.

I have 2 CO2 tanks now.. would it be worth it to buy all the stuff for my co2's

or buy everything i need to fill hpa?

How much am i looking at spending eitehr way?

This post has been edited by dog812: 08 October 2007 - 07:11 PM

#6 User is offline   Not_You 

• Lather, Rinse, Repeat as Desired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98customizer

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:25 PM

you would have to buy a bulk co2 tank, and depending on size, it canrun up to around 300 + fill station- about 60

you could always buy a scuba tank and get it filled at a local scuba shop and get a fill station for that

either way, make sure you fill co2 tanks with co2 and hpa tanks with air, the way you were talking about it, it sounded like you were going to fill your co2 tanks with hpa
Group: Banned #2
Pirate - "Seriously, I hope you hit this kid over the head with something very, very heavy. Like a truck."

#7 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:16 PM

View PostNot_You, on Oct 8 2007, 07:25 PM, said:

you would have to buy a bulk co2 tank, and depending on size, it canrun up to around 300 + fill station- about 60

I paid $33 for my fill station on ebay, now that same fill station price has dropped to $30. That includes shipping.
Fill station

I would suggest renting a Co2 tank instead of buying one. I currently have two 50lb siphon Co2 tanks that I pay $4.75 a month for each one and $21.00 to have each of them filled. I get mine from Industrial Welding Supply. If you only have a couple tanks to fill, you won't need more than one but if your like me (have a little over 28lbs of Co2 capacity in 18 paintball tanks) and like to do gun and launcher testing, then two tanks should be fine.

This post has been edited by Orpackrat: 08 October 2007 - 10:17 PM

#8 User is offline   dog812 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:22 PM

No i wasnt planning on filling my co2 tank with air.. i woulda bought HPA tanks if my air comp. worked.

But yah that setup sounds good.. renting 50# and a fill stn..

Its mainly for me and my friends. Ill have to look into it.

#9 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:11 AM

View Postdog812, on Oct 8 2007, 11:22 PM, said:

But yah that setup sounds good.. renting 50# and a fill stn..

Its mainly for me and my friends. Ill have to look into it.

For one of my tanks, if I charge $5 for all day Co2 (about 2lbs of Co2) to 5 different people, then that tanks refill and months rent is taken care of and leaves about 40lbs of Co2 for profit or free personal use. Its a great deal but the tank is rather heavy 170lbs-200lbs and might be a little difficult moving from location to location.

#10 User is offline   Ninja Jones 

• Canadian Intergalactic Space Ninja Pimp
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ninja Jones

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:17 AM

An HPA setup would cheaper in the long run...

#11 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:48 AM

View PostNinja Jones, on Oct 9 2007, 12:17 AM, said:

Could you show me how? What is the cost to rent/buy a tank, How many fills per bulk tank, How much does it cost to fill each tank, cost per paintball HPA tank, shots per tank, etc

HPA Paintball Tank being 88/4500
vs
equivilant Co2 tank, 20oz

Using 45lbs of a 50lb tank (5lbs for chilling) you get 36 fills for about $26 for one tank in a month. One year of fills with one tank a month costs $312. You would get 432 fills providing you with 575,856 shots. In one years time, for $312 + the cost of tanks (how many purchased + hydro-testing and replacement costs, $20 replacement) you get about 575,856 shots. For this estimation, two tanks, so a total cost of $352 for that one year and $312 for each additional year until hydro or replacement.

What would be the approximent cost of filling your own HPA tanks while getting about the same in shots in a year and the cost of tanks and hydro?

#12 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:18 AM

View PostOrpackrat, on Oct 9 2007, 05:48 AM, said:

View PostNinja Jones, on Oct 9 2007, 12:17 AM, said:

Could you show me how? What is the cost to rent/buy a tank, How many fills per bulk tank, How much does it cost to fill each tank, cost per paintball HPA tank, shots per tank, etc

Buying an HPA compressor is cheaper in the long run than renting and filling CO2 cylinders. An HPA compressor is a one time cost (excluding regular maintenance) while a CO2 cylinder is a recurring cost.

On the other hand, renting a Scuba tank would be comparable to renting a CO2 cylinder. The difference in cost will depend on who you're renting from, the number of fills will depend on the size of your cylinders and the size of your tanks, and the number of shots will depend on the markers you're using. How many times you have to fill your cylinders will depend on how often you play, what size tanks, and what markers you're using.

Coming up with a dollar amount requires too many assumptions to be accurate. The only true statement is that buying an HPA compressor is cheaper in the long run because it is not a recurring cost. You also have to keep in mind that many markers can not be used with CO2 and other markers are more efficient on CO2. That alone will cause your numbers to be skewed between the two systems.

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#13 User is offline   t_boneshacone 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:t-bone

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:22 AM

View Postgrumpy, on Oct 8 2007, 09:03 AM, said:

actualy you can use a shop compressor , however you will also need a booster pump such as this.
http://www.barbeetesters.com/p5.htm

i want to know the prices on them bad boys, cause thats freaking awesome
Thats like walking into a room and saying 'Chocolate Cake' and then walking out...nobody knows what you mean.
-Tenacious

I bet my gun-whore (nah- not a gun whore yet- more of a gun-skank. or whatever comes before whore... Catholic Schoolgirl? :P) senses will kick in and then I'll end up with something else...
-thisissparta

#14 User is offline   greezypete 

• IBEW LU 1141 , OKC
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:greezypete

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:57 AM

Boosters are almost as expensive as HPA compressors. Well maybe not , but they cost WAY over a grand. You also have to use the big bulk HPA tanks to get the usable pressure up.

The way to go for HPA fills for your weekend player is a scuba tank and fill station. You can get scuba tanks used for around $50. Even if you had to buy a new one they sell for LESS than a carbon fiber HPA bottle. A friend of mine bought one for $140 ( I think ). The fill stations are fairly cheap too.

AND you can get them filled at your local fire station. ( Mine fills them for FREE )

At least thats the way to go IMHO , if you want to use HPA.

Renting the bulk co2 bottles and filling from those would be the way to go if you use co2.

#15 User is offline   jag06 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jag06

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:27 AM

If you want to by a hpa compresser, you will have to pay a little for one, link. This is one of the cheaper ones I saw, link.

Jag
My Feedback +7/-0 Gore Family Paintball field
Digitally Dangerous member #3

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users