• This topic is locked

Tippmann A5 sling mounts

#1 User is offline   Lord Odin 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Lord Odin

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

It wasn't until recently that I became aware of how few options A5 owners have with sling mounts. Besides the sling mount that comes with the marker or a picatinny sling mount, the only other option is the recently released 2011 A5 sling mount, which is a screw with a loop on the end.

I'd like to see a variety of mounts that utilize the pushpins holes. One idea is to have a metal strip that is U-shaped but has holes in it to accomodate longer pushpins that are used on the X7. A few simple parts and a piece of painted sheet metal should do the trick. This would be beneficial because it would allow people with stocks to mount a sling inline with the center of the marker. Possibly replace the pushpins with screws so they won't accidentally get pulled out.

A side-mounted option could also be accomplished in a similar fashion but use a stock pushpin and a grip pushpin hole instead.

Another idea is to replace the rear sight with a ring that has a similar base. I would just make sure there is no ball bearing, so that the mount doesn't pop out.

#2 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:55 PM

What Ive done was insanly simple and for the most part effective.

Standard fine thread rifle loops work, easy to find in any wannabe sport shop for fairly cheap, just remove a screw out of the A5 body and replace the screw with the loop. The only problem Ive had with that is after some time of twisting the sling it can unscrew the loop. Locktite helps reduce this problem but I just demand that sling to be used frequently during games.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

Go here to Uncle_Mikes and order part 115B, use the machine threaded screw. Then go to the Standard Swivels section and buy either the Non Tri-Lock, Mil-Spec, or QD super swivel. They work great and are what i used. They thread right into where your normal gun bolts go, so use them instead.

My old A5 with them

Posted Image
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   Lord Odin 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Lord Odin

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:38 AM

View Post1-I, on 04 February 2011 - 11:55 PM, said:

What Ive done was insanly simple and for the most part effective.

Standard fine thread rifle loops work, easy to find in any wannabe sport shop for fairly cheap, just remove a screw out of the A5 body and replace the screw with the loop. The only problem Ive had with that is after some time of twisting the sling it can unscrew the loop. Locktite helps reduce this problem but I just demand that sling to be used frequently during games.

That's the exact reason why I don't want the Tippmann mount. If the strap binds against the loop in anyway, I'm afraid of it unscrewing the mount. I wouldn't want the receiver halves to loosen or possibly have it come completely out on the field.

View PostLegato, on 05 February 2011 - 12:25 AM, said:

Go here to Uncle_Mikes and order part 115B, use the machine threaded screw. Then go to the Standard Swivels section and buy either the Non Tri-Lock, Mil-Spec, or QD super swivel. They work great and are what i used. They thread right into where your normal gun bolts go, so use them instead.

My old A5 with them

Posted Image

That's an interesting find. How do the swivel screws work? I'm assuming the head swivels but the threading does not. If that's the case, how does the screw get threaded in or out for assembly/disassembly later?

Also, how wide are the strap openings to the 3 swivels? Is it only wide enough for a strap to be slid through or can a standard clip or mash clip be used with it? If its for a strap alone, do you know of anything specific for the latter?

#5 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:42 PM

that whole thing spins. The head is solidly mounted to the bolt part, it is all one piece. Once you tighten it and put on a sling it won't turn more then 1/4 turn in either direction. Don't worry. You'd have to spin the crap out of your sling to unscrew them.

The stock width to the swivel is made to just put a strap through. I just took a hammer to mine, laid them on their side and pounded it to widen it from a " [] " shape into a " D " shape. Worked fine. Can fit any clip on it now.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users