Special Ops Paintball: Broken Guage On HPA tank - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Broken Guage On HPA tank Help, quickly, big event next weekend! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ag09 

• Pro Rec Baller
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:AG09

Post icon  Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

Ok, so I was going through some of my stuff today, I was looking over my HPA tank, and realized that the plastic/glass protective covering over the gauge needle was gone. So, basically, I need a new gauge, unless I can find the plastic/glass thing and put it back in.

After a bit of searching here, it looks like you can, once that thank is empty, unscrew the gauge, and just replace it. My questions are:

1) Is it ok if I use a normal wrench? I was looking at gauges and saw a special wrench by smartparts, do I need to use that?
2) Is white teflon tape ok for the repair?
3) Is it critical to have something covering the gauge needle to play? If I can't get the part in time, can I just cover the reg and gauge with some cloth to protect it and run that way? Or is that even necessary?

Thanks in advance for the help, I'm going to Hunt For Bin-Laden at tactical paintball next weekend, so I want to make sure I've got a solution to be running HPA.
Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war! - Patton
Texas Legion - Central Texas

#2 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:08 PM

Are you talking about the plastic see-through piece on the gauge? Your gauge isn't broken, just the cover is off. Its like having your tank cover off. you can still use it, but you are risking damage to it.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#3 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:56 AM

I'm pretty sure you can still use the gauge. Some gauges rely on that covered area being pressurized itself, but most paintball gauges are not that sophisticated.

White teflon tape will be fine, just make sure to be very clean with it. Do not go past the threads, and be sure to wrap in the proper direction such that it will not unwrap itself as you are screwing the gauge in. For more permanent applications like gauges I would recommend "white" loctite. But if teflon tape is all you have it will work.

A normal wrench should be fine. Some airsmiths will use a torque wrench, but it HPA tank gauges aren't an exact science. You can usually judge when it is screwed in tight enough.

If you're still looking for a gauge ashcroft is known for make really nice ones if you can still find them. And make sure it goes up to a high enough PSI
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users