Special Ops Paintball: Damn....My inner gun whore is waking up..... - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Damn....My inner gun whore is waking up..... Blazer or Phantom? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   freak of nature 

• Does that cat have an ear missing?
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Freak_of_Nature

Post icon  Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:50 PM

Well, here I am, about 6 months after buying my Etek, and i'm wanting a new gun. 13 months since i bought my first gun. Im thinking this blazer, or a black VSC phantom. Any thoughts, criticisms, or ideas are appreciated.
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.
....Um, what? How can i have -2 messages?
Watch in order:Unsuccessful Procedure - Part 1, Unsuccessful Procedure - Part 2

#2 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

get Both!

if not then go Blazer
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:54 PM

Apples vs oranges. What are you looking for in your next marker? Are you thinking that it's time you come to the Higher Plain of Paintball Conscience, then get the Phantom. If you aren't interested in pump (why wouldn't you be? :huh:), then maybe the Palmer is for you. Both are two of the most well crafted markers on the market. It's all about what's important to you.
Aloha, Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#4 User is offline   freak of nature 

• PipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:08 PM

uhg.... well, how loud are blazers and phantoms compared to a PE Etek? and aswell, i want to go to the Higher Plain of Paintball Conscience, but i also want to stay back down at ground level.... Damn my indecisiveness!
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.

#5 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

If the Higher Plain is what you seek, then get the Phantom. I can't really speak to the noise difference (never paid that much attention). But I think that you will find that playing with the Phantom will make you basic skills sooo much better that if you switch back to the Etek you will be that much better. The Palmer won't force you to develop your skills the way the Phantom will. Plus we have cookies on the Dark Side.
Aloha, Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,

#6 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:15 PM

I really like the Blazer. There was my opinion...
-Ty :happy:

#7 User is offline   freak of nature 

• PipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:16 PM

You literally just spoke one of the reasons i want to get a phantom. Mabye i will get the phantom..... I think the reason i wanted the blazer is because i had heard they were freakishly quiet, and Brass :happy:. Btw, how quiet ARE blazers? if anyone knows, please share.

#8 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

Don't get me wrong, I want a Blazer very badly!! But, since I have three Phantoms already (one of the them is my wife's and one is a loaner) I lean that way!
I played a scenario here in Hawaii in February with a guy with a Blazer. It was incredibly quiet. I think his Ricchocet hopper was noisier. :( Unfortunately, that day I was running my Mini so I can't directly compare the Blazer and the Phantom but I was amazed how quiet the Blazer was. If I sold my Mini and my A5 (and just about everything else I own :happy:), I'd get that Blazer. (Except I'd change the nickel accents to black. Personnal choice.)
Aloha, Doug

This post has been edited by dougdeb: 15 July 2008 - 04:21 PM

#9 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:28 PM

If I'm ever sponsored my PPS, hit gold/oil/have a job and don't have to pay any bills, I'll seriously buy a Blazer.
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#10 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:09 PM

Assuming you don't already own a pump, I'm going to side with the Phantom. Blazers are outstanding markers, but its no substitute for the fun and values learned from playing pump. Or if you want, you may find middle ground - like a Pyre or one of Palmer's awesome brass pumps.

This post has been edited by Piller: 15 July 2008 - 05:10 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#11 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

My blazer is my favorite marker EVER...hands down...far and away...nothing comes close to it. I LOVE it. Like i would let it sleep on the other side of the bed in it's own spot if it wouldn't be wierd. :mellow: :) But yeah, i love it. Now phantoms are great too, i wasn't a fan of how light they are, but pump play itself is just something everyone should enjoy.

If you want the finest mech marker money can buy, get the blazer. They are super quiet, the pneumatics are usually louder than the firing. Dead on Accurate. Easy to clean. Heaven in a marker. My teammate said it best about his Blazer, "I honestly don't feel worthy to be using such a fine piece of craftsmanship." I feel the same way most of the time.

If you want the challenge and fun of pump, then get the phantom. It is also 1/3 the cost of the Blazer. So you could just keep saving up and get the blazer in a few months.

Personally, though i love PPS with all my heart and soul, think you can learn more about the game and have more fun with the pump.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#12 User is offline   junckie25 

• Junckie25
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Junckie25

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:59 AM

I would say go with the blazer if you have enough money.
Smile.... tomorrow will be worse.

#13 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:44 PM

I've got an Etek and just acquired a used Blazer and the Blazer is much quieter than the Etek and all I have is an unported barrel the comparison is really ridiculous when you hear them side by side. Phantoms aren't really that quiet they have a distinctive "pop" when they shoot what makes them so stealthy is that they are only taking one shot at a time so they are hard to pin point you can do the same thing with any marker if you take the time to aim and are careful with your shots.

Unless you want to play pump (and it isn't for everyone) I'd get the Blazer I'm wishing I had bought one earlier they are autocockers for people that don't want to deal with autocockers.

#14 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rooster45

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:54 PM

View Postfreak of nature, on Jul 15 2008, 03:50 PM, said:

Well, here I am, about 6 months after buying my Etek, and i'm wanting a new gun. 13 months since i bought my first gun. Im thinking this blazer, or a black VSC phantom. Any thoughts, criticisms, or ideas are appreciated.

You have my exact problem... except I don't have an etek. I'll tell you what, you get a blazer I'll get a phantom and we can switch every now and then. :laugh:

This post has been edited by FlamingoChavez: 21 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users