• You cannot reply to this topic

Is the auto cock II worth it? Should I buy it? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   catnip201 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:catnip201

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

Is it worth the money? Because I am not going to be playing in any sandy areas and just ordered something a day ago ..... and it just came into stock today |:(
Too Many Puppies!

#2 User is offline   tippmann1990 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:weltman16

Post icon  Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:39 PM

View Postcatnip201, on Sep 18 2008, 04:00 PM, said:

Is it worth the money? Because I am not going to be playing in any sandy areas and just ordered something a day ago ..... and it just came into stock today |:D

the auto cock 2 is a good buy and a cheap upgrade. and if you ever end up playing in sand its good to be prepaired. it also makes your gun extremely quiet
tippmann owners club #131

#3 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:45 PM

You guys mean the Rocket Cock II?

If so, I'd say... possibly maybe,

Sand is really no problem for a tippmann. It won't stop it from running. Worst I've seen is a BT front bolt getting really scratched up (how sand got in there, I don't know). I play at a fairly sandy field, and they use rental 98s, there extremely dirty/sandy.

It won't make your marker extrememely quiet, as no tippmann will ever really be quiet, but it will make it a bit quieter.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#4 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:58 PM

I personally don't see it as really worth it. Markers have been made with open holes in the side ever since the original Nelspot came out. Dirt or even sand getting in has never been an issue. If for the rare reason you do happen to get dirt in and it happens to cause the marker to stop cycling then you can get one with a justifiable reason.

The sound muffling is minimal, and simply put a 98 custom will rarely be considered a quiet marker. It will not make a significant difference.

In my opinion it is only worth what you pay if you currently have a problem with dirt getting inside your marker and causing it to malfunction.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#5 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:15 PM

I had a 98 and now an ABT, both markers are Side Cockers, Ive had rain, dirt and splattered paint go inside throuh the Cocking Slot and never experience any problems....except cleaning it when I get home, too tired and lazy at that point.

Plus leaving the Slot open, makes it easier to Lube the Rear Bolt and the Internal Walls.

But if you want to get the Rocket Cock, thats entirely up to you, if you feel that it will help.

#6 User is offline   catnip201 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:catnip201

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for the feedback, and sorry, I meant The Rocket Cock II. But yes I have had a paintball get a direct hit on the bolt and it was a heck of a mess to have to clean up! But it didn't stop it from running, so it hasn't been a problem. It's always best to be prepared though so, I think I'm going to order it... oiling it won't be that hard, I just have to unscrew 2 screws.
Too Many Puppies!

#7 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:39 PM

There you go - your reason for getting it is a valid one: it'll help keep things cleaner in there. It will not however make your 98 silent, nothing short of shooting it in space is going to make it silent.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#8 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:38 AM

I HAVE had sand get into the hammer and jam it. I just fell on a dusty berm and dropped the marker left side down, and when I went to bunker someone, it just went "click, click". I was using an e-trigger at the time, so sand might have gotten into the sear and the noid might not have had enough strength to trip it, but still, a Rocket Cock might have prevented that. So, I don't have one, but if you are looking to add more ups it does have a good purpose, meaning it's not a waste, it's just not that necessary.

#9 User is offline   Ecellg 

• Landing gear 25' from plane.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ecellg

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

1. It does NOT make it any quieter.
2. It does NOT add any time or effort to cleaning.
3. It DOES keep dirt, sand, paint, ect out of there, reducing cleaning time.

1. It doesn't make it any quieter, 99% of the sound in a 98C comes out of the barrel and breach. Also, if you keep it properly lubed, the bolt doesn't make that much noise anyway (comparitively).
2. It is held on by 2 bolts that are there anyway. They are just replaced by two slightly longer ones.
3. It does what it is designed to do, and does it well. Only get the composite one though, as its job is not worth the price of the alluminum.
Also, if you have ever been hit by the bolt cycling back, you know it hurts, for lack of forum legal word, a lot. That is impossible with it on the marker. I personally think the marker as a whole looks alot better.
FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious This Next Year

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users