• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ref Stories Any good ones? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Simmons 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:39 AM

Let's hear your stories about the nooblets taking their masks off and of getting caught on the business end of a stray shot.

This past weekend was my first reffing at my local field and it was pretty smooth. I found myself in players' way occasionally (in particular in the town... hard to keep track of all of the cross-fire and shooting lanes) but I escaped unscathed from most battles.

There was a girl who plays on the field's scenario team (Knights of Honor) there with a broken finger but it didn't slow her down much. But during one A & D game, the attackers all massed on one side and about 10 of them were at the fortress wall and she peeks around the door and shoots a guy who had apparently just been shot and was walking to the dead zone. Well, he gets mad and (accidentally) shoots her in the broken finger. She was PERTURBED at him for a while but I got her to calm down and had to talk to the other guy for a minute. He claimed it wasn't him who shot her (and it might not have been- there was a LOT of paint flying) but that just goes to show you when can happen when you have 1 ref for 35 walk-ons.

Earlier that same day there were only 9 people there so far and for some reason they divided themselves into a team of 5 experienced players and a team of 4 people who had never played before). The first two games in the town never saw a shot fired because the good team just bunker tagged everyone. Needless to say, we switched up the teams.
Work hard. Play hard.

#2 User is offline   andrew1987 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:beat box

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:00 PM

1:35 you havent even began to see how bad it can get when you get into the chaos

on saturday i was reffing 75 ppl and just me refing, 2 birthday parties of 12 year olds, 1 birthday party of 14-16 year olds, a stag party a group of 8 Russians who spoke 15 words of English between them + our yosual bush ballers and a rag tag hand full of local speedballers

"ref check him, him the one im pointing at"
me= stare blankly at the thicket of 5 acer field and god only knows how many lanes of paint between them
i had no idea who was yelling or at who

one thing i find very importand when dealing with large groups and only 1 ref, as in more then like 15 ppl
dureing the safety speech, make every player take off there mask and look me in the eye, very good when estlabshing ones self as a figure of authority

... ok stories ... stories

had a little kid get shot in the arm and run screaming IN to the field only to get shot more

well not much now, i will rember something later

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users